2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
At this point the firing of Blashill is the best win I'm going to get this season. And I'll take it.
I'm honestly surprised he got as many seasons as he did. If he were coaching Buffalo he might've gotten two or three at most.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm honestly surprised he got as many seasons as he did. If he were coaching Buffalo he might've gotten two or three at most.
Yea, I was always kinda speechless too. Every other team was getting new coaches, we were getting a little jealous :P

I played hockey in the Lansing area for 5-6 years, and I only ever met one person who said Blashill was a good coach... and that guy claimed he had played with Blashill as his college coach or something, so he was pretty much just dick riding at that point I think.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I literally took a nap yesterday after work so I could be sure to see that whole game. Shit, last time Kassian and Tkachuk were about to kill each other in the regular season, I tried buying sports net, but you can't even buy a sub unless you're in Canada.

My wife has her shows though, so we have cable, and the out of market hockey package with all the regular season games used to be about $275 for the year. It's $60 now, so we did it this year.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Avs got the game 3 win, but lost one of their top defensemen. Sam Girard is out for the rest of the playoffs with a broken sternum. Luckily they carried 9 defensemen to the postseason roster so they'll be able to choose between Ryan Murray, Jack Johnson, or Kurtis MacDermid to replace him.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Welp, Florida is sunk. Maybe the Canes will give the Bolts a better matchup.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nazem Kadri just destroyed the entire city of St. Louis. Fucking hilarious.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I just want to say, that as a Michigan guy, I mostly just watch the Red Wings throughout the regular season, with the occasional national game on tv here and there. So while I knew Conor McDavid was good, and saw his stat line throughout the year, I had no idea just how good he was. Jeebus, what a special talent. It's been a real treat watching Edmonton throughout the playoffs. There were a few times in that LA series that he literally weaved through all 5 opponents on the ice en route to a goal. He's amazing.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Welp, Florida is sunk. Maybe the Canes will give the Bolts a better matchup.
I was pulling for Toronto. Not that I'm a Leafs fan, but they haven't done anything in years, and I thought they were due. They looked great at times in that series, but awful as well. It was a real rollercoaster. I wasn't surprised to see TB steamroll the Panthers. I think Toronto would've beaten them as well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Would be funnier if he deserved an ounce of respect lol, guy is a grade A piece of trash.
It was a clean play that Binnington got hurt on and Kadri received racist death threats for it. Then he responded with a hat trick.

There's no defending what he did in the playoffs last season but the only ones acting like trash in this series have been the Blues. Especially Perron.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I'm sure we will disagree on the Binnintgon play... there was no substantial push from the defense and it was a dangerous play. Malicious is arguable but downright dangerous. His trajectory had no intent of avoiding the crease, and I have no reason really to defend either team or player.

And Kadris track record is a lot worse than just last playoffs but at least you ack that bullshit.

Racism in hockey is definitely an issue, it's a rich white boy sport. I played for years and I'll be the first to admit that (though my family never paid for it). It sucks. Still though, Kadri is probably on my top 5 "I will celebrate when this fuckstick retires" list just for how he plays alone, just like Emelin's bitch ass.

There are some gritty guys you want on your bench, others are liabilities. I wouldn't even want someone like Kadri on my bench... that or before the game he would get the "you are on your own if you start a shitty situation" speech from the team (no joke I had one teammate we had to do this with lol)

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm sure we will disagree on the Binnintgon play... there was no substantial push from the defense and it was a dangerous play. Malicious is arguable but downright dangerous. His trajectory had no intent of avoiding the crease, and I have no reason really to defend either team or player.
You're absolutely wrong on the play.

It was a loose puck and Kadri wasn't even heading towards the goalie until the Blues player hit him. Kadri was playing the puck and he absolutely made the right play. The Blues had no right to retaliate, just like the Avs had no right to retaliate on the play that Girard got hurt.

The Blues simply decided to act like punk bitches about it because they can't hang with the Avs, and they're still mad at Kadri from last year.

famicommander

15 Year Member
FTgcTCMVEAQ1Fkk

FTgcTM2VsAA4MPB

All this because these people don't understand the rules of hockey.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I just want to say, that as a Michigan guy, I mostly just watch the Red Wings throughout the regular season, with the occasional national game on tv here and there. So while I knew Conor McDavid was good, and saw his stat line throughout the year, I had no idea just how good he was. Jeebus, what a special talent. It's been a real treat watching Edmonton throughout the playoffs. There were a few times in that LA series that he literally weaved through all 5 opponents on the ice en route to a goal. He's amazing.
He really is special, he reminds me of Valeri Kharlamov.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
All this because these people don't understand the rules of hockey.
Or because a lot of the midwest is hella racist, but either way. You don't really have to show me the screenshots, I grew up here. I've also played and watched hockey under at least 4-6 different rule books.

The video slow mo you showed makes it look less bad. Minus his rap sheet (in general, not just with the blues) it probably gets way less of a look. I think the problem is whether or not he was trying to run him, which he probably wasn't to be honest, he's the kind of player that doesn't have the presence of mind about endangering other players in the moment. He's reckless at worst and undisciplined at best. Once you have that rep in a league it's kinda hard not to get piled on especially if a goalie is on the ice. Even if it's not your fault. We have a saying in this house "Wilson to the box!" whenever a whistle blows in a caps game... reputations matter in the moment.

No excuse for the fans by any means whatsoever, no matter how much I hate dangerous / reckless hockey players, racism is obviously inexcusable.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Or because a lot of the midwest is hella racist, but either way. You don't really have to show me the screenshots, I grew up here. I've also played and watched hockey under at least 4-6 different rule books.

The video slow mo you showed makes it look less bad. Minus his rap sheet (in general, not just with the blues) it probably gets way less of a look. I think the problem is whether or not he was trying to run him, which he probably wasn't to be honest, he's the kind of player that doesn't have the presence of mind about endangering other players in the moment. He's reckless at worst and undisciplined at best. Once you have that rep in a league it's kinda hard not to get piled on especially if a goalie is on the ice. Even if it's not your fault. We have a saying in this house "Wilson to the box!" whenever a whistle blows in a caps game... you get the point.

No excuse for the fans by any means whatsoever, no matter how much I hate dangerous / reckless hockey players, racism is obviously inexcusable.
It wasn't a reckless play. It was literally the only play he could possibly make at the moment. He was trying to score a goal and if the Blues defenseman doesn't hit him, he doesn't touch the goalie at all.

That's the kind of play that happens half a dozen times in both directions every single game. This time it had a bad outcome for Binnington and that sucks, but it has literally nothing to do with Kadri's history or play style.

Condemn Kadri's history all you want, I was ready to run him off the team myself after last playoffs, but that's a normal hockey play.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Condemn Kadri's history all you want, I was ready to run him off the team myself after last playoffs, but that's a normal hockey play.
Even if I agree with you there, you are absolutely getting your ass whipped in the moment if you have his reputation, no matter who you are. Unless the goalie and D man both start yelling LEAVE HIM.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Edmonton is in the driver's seat in Battle of Alberta, taking a commanding 3-1 lead. Hurricanes lost to Rangers, so tied 2-2. I still think Carolina wins the series, but NYR has also been good this year. The Copp acquisition is paying off with his 3 point night, but I'm probably more amazed that NYR was in such control of that game when Kreider didn't have any points.