Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wonder what's gonna happen with this supposed brace ban coming in August. I've been holding off buying a brace for my 10/22 charger because if I have to SBR it for the brace I might as well just chuck a stock on it.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but we’ll see. ATF’s changes to 80%s were already moronic.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
All that aft nonsense.
Just buy it.
Fukk their "rules" while they ignore our rights.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
We’ll see how hard the firearms as hobby bug bites me. But I am committed to getting very proficient and comfortable with what I own. I dont like guns, I dont like that I feel I should own one, I actually struggled with this purchase and decision to be a gun owner quite a bit.

The novelty will wear off and they'll seem less scary in time.
But definitely hold on to the discomfort you feel from them...they ARE devastatingly powerful devices.

Never fuck around with them...shoot into a hill or downward if you're practicing, always brass check etc etc.

Edit: it's interesting to see this threads still around!

Yeah I take it incredibly serious. Ive probably watched 20 hours of safety videos so far. Ive read all the owners manuals repeatedly as well as the army M14 field guide and watched many many hours of youtube instuctional vids and breakdown vids. Ive taken time at home to practice basic movement and operation. Ive been disassembling them, not totally but just to the cleaning point and familiarizing myself with the parts and how they operate.

I havent even touched bullet to magazine yet, I want to feel as though Ive given myself a good thorough education before I go hire an instructor at a range for the day to start the actual shooting part of this.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah I take it incredibly serious. Ive probably watched 20 hours of safety videos so far. Ive read all the owners manuals repeatedly as well as the army M14 field guide and watched many many hours of youtube instuctional vids and breakdown vids. Ive taken time at home to practice basic movement and operation. Ive been disassembling them, not totally but just to the cleaning point and familiarizing myself with the parts and how they operate.

I havent even touched bullet to magazine yet, I want to feel as though Ive given myself a good thorough education before I go hire an instructor at a range for the day to start the actual shooting part of this.
You're the right kind of owner then.

Shooting 22lr/9mm at a range is a fantastic way to acclimate yourself.....

My wakeup call came from shooting 223 Remington into a 6x6 block of wood.... I thought I was missing the target because it wasn't budging at all....

Wasn't until closer inspection that I realized the bullets were traveling through the wood like cotton candy....

Not considered a powerful round by any means but it was enough to instill some fear and respect in me.

HellioN

20 Year Member
You're the right kind of owner then.

Shooting 22lr/9mm at a range is a fantastic way to acclimate yourself.....

My wakeup call came from shooting 223 Remington into a 6x6 block of wood.... I thought I was missing the target because it wasn't budging at all....

Wasn't until closer inspection that I realized the bullets were traveling through the wood like cotton candy....

Not considered a powerful round by any means but it was enough to instill some fear and respect in me.
This made me think of when they want to say that 5.56 isn't powerful enough to hunt with but at the same time is a super deadly military sniper round that can slaughter and package up 87 bussloads of babies with 30 clipizines in .001 seconds.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Dual suppressed .22lr fun:

image1.jpeg

Cheap Keltec P17 is still more reliable than the much more expensive Ruger mk4 with Volquartsen mods but both are a lot of fun.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m still dreaming of the day they deregulate suppressors in the USA.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Do you think a ban on us citizens owning guns would have prevented the school shooting in Texas?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do you think a ban on us citizens owning guns would have prevented the school shooting in Texas?

If there were no guns there would be exponentially fewer shootings. The questions answers itself.

HellioN

20 Year Member
The question is what would have been used to kill kids if not a gun.
People intent on doing violence will find a way to do it.
I think its better to ask why so many of these shooters seem to be a known entity yet somehow still fall through the cracks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think its better to ask why so many of these shooters seem to be a known entity yet somehow still fall through the cracks.

Or perhaps what hate is it that is driving people to commit these acts?

Maybe I’m a bleeding heart in my old age.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What would you use to carry out a mass killing, if guns weren't available?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

I don't even want to insert myself into such a horrific scenario but people use pipe bombs, arson, a vehicle.....one guy here in Toronto was planning to use aerosolized carfentanyl but he put himself into a braindead coma from not handling it carefully enough.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
About 10 years ago my local community college campus had a crazed stabber running down the halls stabbing as he went. Amazing how many people you can kill with a knife. Sad.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I think it's better to ask why the mental health of our society is falling apart. My simple theory is the internet. People having access to too much information at once (especially as kids). What is our brain wired for? 150 people in our head as a tribe? With access to all those social connections and views of "success" I can see why kids are feeling overwhelmed and not living up to what they perceive as the social standard in their brains. Especially when you can get online and find other like-minded troubled individuals so easily. It just feeds the beast.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
If there were no guns there would be exponentially fewer shootings. The questions answers itself.

The question didn't ask if there would be fewer shootings, but yeah, I get what you're saying. I was thinking it would be like trying to find weed in the early 90's without having any hookups. They'd be available still, but you couldn't swing by the store on your birthday and pick up whatever you wanted.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The question didn't ask if there would be fewer shootings, but yeah, I get what you're saying. I was thinking it would be like trying to find weed in the early 90's without having any hookups. They'd be available still, but you couldn't swing by the store on your birthday and pick up whatever you wanted.

I said fewer, because undoubtedly there would still be some shootings, possibly even school shootings. It's impossible to say whether a ban on guns would have prevented this shooting. Perhaps the shooter would have spent the same amount of money on the AR-15 he bought (which was an expensive one, btw) on illegally buying some piece of shit handgun smuggled in from the from Mexico. It depends on a question we don't have the answer to: How premeditated was this act (did he plan for days, weeks, months, or did he just "snap") and would he have done it had he not had easy access to arms? Who knows, it's not improbable to say that had he not been able to buy a rifle at 18 he wouldn't have done this. That said the worst terrorist acts in America (Oklahoma City, 9/11) did not use firearms. America's most infamous terrorist, the Unabomber, did also not use firearms.

Was this even a terrorist act? Probably not, I doubt the guy had any serious political ideology or motivations (which is what is required to be an actual terrorist act.) I'm not sure they've identified a motive for this guy yet. Just another lost kid no one gave a shit about, undoubtedly. Just another fucking tragedy who turned whatever hate he had be filled with on innocents.