Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
FF6 for me. Both are great on their own way.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
FF6 > Chrono Trigger. Having said that, FF6 is a broken game. By the time you get to the world of ruin you can pretty much torch any boss in under 10 minutes. Easily one of my top 5 all time games regardless.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Pretty equal in my mind but I'd rate CT barely above FFVI.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I got about half way in VI before I lost interest. Dunno CT drew me in way more. Maybe it was the graphical polish or the time travel.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got about half way in VI before I lost interest. Dunno CT drew me in way more. Maybe it was the graphical polish or the time travel.
VI was the first true RPG I finished. I played through Final Fantasy II (IV), but I was using a game genie and it wiped my save, so I just gave it back to the owner and never finished it. But I borrowed FFVI from that same dude and beat it over the summer of 1995 and loved it. I remember reading about Chrono Trigger in EGM, or Gamepro but completely forgot about it until I found the cart at a flea market in 96.

Didnt have a SNES at the time so I rented one from the local Blockbuster lol. CT is my favorite Square game, but like I mentioned, VI (to me) is the pinnacle of Square JRPGs.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Chrono Trigger has replayability, and I went through it multiple times on a single save.
I never went through FF6 more than once.

What a painful choice to make tho.