2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I don't like seeing anyone boarded like that, and the major was deserved to say the least. Pretty astonished a 10/match wasn't tacked on.

At least it happened to someone who has dished it out before. That might sound cold, but still. I felt bad seeing someone get boarded like that, and I do wish the guy a full recovery, even if I personally dislike him and wish he wasn't in the league anymore.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Kadri left the arena in a cast.

Oilers intentionally took him out because they simply aren't good enough and now the Avs are likely going to roll into the Cup Finals without their #2 C.

Kane already should've been suspended earlier in this series but the NHL is a bunch of cowards. They allowed this goonery to happen and this is the result.

If Kadri had put that hit on McDavid the NHL would've taken him out with a sniper rifle right there on the ice.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Oilers intentionally took him out
Seems that way. Also sounds strangley similar to something that happened in a previous playoffs 🤔 (I know you don't agree with the hit I'm referencing, not digging you personally).

And yea NHL player "safety" is clown shoes. I don't like Kane either. On the subject of officiating being a joke, this makes me recall one time I asked my goalie if he had watched last night's $NHL game; he told me he doesn't watch any NHL officiated hockey anymore, and he wasn't the only dude getting ready to play that AM who felt that way. It said a lot to me when a room of guys who literally play ice hockey had a solid percentage of NHL boycotters.

Also I would think not just McDavid, but IMO any top player who isn't a goon, would have gotten way more reaction.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Both the Oilers and the Blues are completely classless organizations. Both intentionally tried to hurt players once it became clear they were outmatched. Perron is every bit as bad as Kane still is or Kadri ever was, and he's not the only one on that Blues roster.

Draisaitl is a huge punk ass bitch, too.

The Predators went down with a little bit of class, at least.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Even without Kadri and Kuemper, I believe Colorado still has the depth to take down NYR or Tampa.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Even without Kadri and Kuemper, I believe Colorado still has the depth to take down NYR or Tampa.
As long as they get either Burakovsky or Aube-Kubel back they'll be fine. Without those two the last forward on the roster is Kurtis MacDermid, who is mostly an enforcer type. So it'd either be him or a green AHL call up.

They miss Girard more than Kuemper.

Avs this postseason by goalie
Francouz: 5-0
Healthy Kuemper: 2-0
One-eyed Kuemper: 4-2

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just a one game suspension for Kane.

I'd be upset, but the series is only going to last one more game anyway.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broken right thumb for Kadri. He's a left handed shot so that's a small mercy, but with this kind of injury he could be out 2 months or 2 weeks. Depends on if he needs surgery and to what degree.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
One game is weak sauce. Should have been 5 at least. Major board, pretty clear intent to injure... player "safety" per usual.

There are only so many ways to break your thumb in hockey gloves but I've managed to do it. Someone elses stick hit the tip of my thumb guided by my stick and slid just under the thumb guard on my glove. I finished the game, and the next mornings game (tournament) and then got it x-rayed. Turned out it had broke the joint at the base, and it was 8 weeks until I could play (with pain) and 10 until it was reasonably comfortable. But I'm a right shot and it was my right hand, so slappers fuckin sucked for a minute.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
One game is weak sauce. Should have been 5 at least. Major board, pretty clear intent to injure... player "safety" per usual.
NHL is 100% banking on the Avs sweeping the Oilers with this ruling

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs should move Rantanen from wing to 2C for game 4.

It's tempting to just move Compher from 3C to 2C but he's such a huge mismatch on the 3rd line that I really don't want to see him moved off of it.

Something like
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Nichushkin
Newhook-Rantanen-Lehkonen
Sturm-Compher-Burakovsky (or Aube-Kubel)
O'Connor-Helm-Cogliano

If they don't have either Burakovsky or Aube-Kubel available then bump O'Connor to the third line and MacDermid to the 4th. But ideally they leave the 4th line alone because it's been killer all postseason long.

famicommander

15 Year Member
HELL YES AVS

Good comeback win.

I'd start Kuemper in the Finals.

Cogliano took a puck off the hand and didn't return. Hopefully he's ready to go for the Finals.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs 7-0 on the road this postseason
6-0 with their backup goalie
8-0 with any healthy goalie
12-2 overall

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
When I first saw a score it was 3-1 Oilers after 2. Said to myself "Avs won't get the sweep after all."

Imagine my surprise on Sportscenter Avs win in OT 6-5. Excellent win :)

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cup Finals will start either the 15th or the 18th.

Avs need as much rest as possible. Those three days could be the difference between Kadri and Cogliano playing or not playing in game 1.

Landeskog, Burakovsky, Aube-Kubel, and Toews have all been playing with injuries, too. Landeskog had knee surgery and missed the last several weeks of the regular season and hasn't been practicing on off days in the playoffs; Toews has something wrong with his ankle. He fell down trying to turn or push off his right ankle all series long against Edmonton, despite playing big minutes. And everyone saw Aube-Kubel and Burakovsky block shots and then miss games; likely only returned when they did because Kadri went down.

The only guy they're definitely not getting back is Girard, the #3 defenseman. Kadri is described as unlikely to return by reporters but he seems confident himself and at least one former NHL surgeon has said he could see a return in 10 days depending on what kind of surgery they did. No news on Cogliano yet but his hand looked swollen as fuck in the handshake line after the game. He has two game winning goals off the fourth line this postseason so he's been a big piece for them.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Why all the hate for the AVS?
I had updates for thursday game on my phone at work.
Missed the last one.

I'm going to try and watch the cup.

claybay1

n00b
tampa have got this. the way they dominated to make it 2-2 is what we all expected going in but they had to work off that rust.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Rangers have won 8 home playoff games in a row. I don't think you can count them out yet since they have home ice.

Tampa is clearly the better team but the better team doesn't always win. The Rangers have some of the worst 5 on 5 stats of any team in the entire playoffs but they keep winning because they keep converting on the power play. Tampa has to stay out of the box to win on the road.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Without Chytil and Strome, Rangers lost a bit of their depth. But if Kreider, Zibanejad, and Copp have more of an impact, then Shesterkin can take care of them the rest of the way. Like Fami was saying, Rangers are on another level when they're at MSG.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member