offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
After a memorable Hell in a Cell victory against Seth Rollins at the Hell in a Cell PLE on Sunday night, Cody Rhodes is reportedly set for surgery later this week.

Fightful Select is reporting that Rhodes will undergo surgery to repair his torn pectoral on Thursday. John Cena missed three months of time due to the same injury. Triple H missed five months.

Rhodes wrestled a full match against Seth Rollins and won with the torn pec at Hell in a Cell. Rhodes was impressive in the match, not only using the injured area in certain moments, but allowing Rollins to focus on the injury and use it as a part of the match narrative. This was Cody’s first time wrestling inside the Hell in a Cell structure.

Previous reports indicate that Cody Rhodes suffered the injury while weight training. Over the weekend, he did not wrestle his scheduled house show matches, but instead participated with run-in angles involving Seth Rollins.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Does Tony Khan think the way to beat WWE is to have more belts on screen?
World Championship
TNT Championship
All Atlantic Championship
FTW Championship
Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship
TBS Championship
ROH World Championship
ROH Pure Championship
ROH World Television Championship
ROH World Tag Team Championship
ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship
ROH Women's World Championship

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Does Tony Khan think the way to beat WWE is to have more belts on screen?
World Championship
TNT Championship
All Atlantic Championship
FTW Championship
Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship
TBS Championship
ROH World Championship
ROH Pure Championship
ROH World Television Championship
ROH World Tag Team Championship
ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship
ROH Women's World Championship

I am a casual fan. Mostly hear about wrasslin stuff from my friend. But aew is doing something right. I don’t know if it’s the belts or what. But everytime I turn it on wwe it’s so stale. The only pop they can get is from their old stars coming back to do one off matches.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The only pop they can get is from their old stars coming back to do one off matches.
Current members of the AEW roster:
Sting (63)
Billy Gunn (58)
Dustin Rhodes (53)
Luther (53)
Christopher Daniels (52)
Chris Jericho (51)
Paul Wight (50)
Christian Cage (48)
Matt Hardy (47)
Michael Nakazawa (46)
Bobby Fish (45)
Lance Archer (45)
Jeff Hardy (44)
Frankie Kazarian (44)
The Butcher (44)
CM Punk (43)
Samoa Joe (43)
Colt Cabana (42)
The Blade (42)
Bryan Danielson (41)
Shawn Spears (41)
Eddie Kingston (40)
Jake Hager (40)

AEW and WWE are exactly the same shit.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Current members of the AEW roster:
Sting (63)
Billy Gunn (58)
Dustin Rhodes (53)
Luther (53)
Christopher Daniels (52)
Chris Jericho (51)
Paul Wight (50)
Christian Cage (48)
Matt Hardy (47)
Michael Nakazawa (46)
Bobby Fish (45)
Lance Archer (45)
Jeff Hardy (44)
Frankie Kazarian (44)
The Butcher (44)
CM Punk (43)
Samoa Joe (43)
Colt Cabana (42)
The Blade (42)
Bryan Danielson (41)
Shawn Spears (41)
Eddie Kingston (40)
Jake Hager (40)

AEW and WWE are exactly the same shit.
Touche

famicommander

15 Year Member
Could be worse. You could be one of the people trying to convince themselves NWA is good.

Their current title holders:
Trevor Murdoch - 41
Tyrus - 49
Homicide - 45
Jax Dane - 41
Doug Williams - 49 and Harry Smith - 36

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ric Flair challenge for the NWA title if he survives his next "retirement" match

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Could be worse. You could be one of the people trying to convince themselves NWA is good.

Their current title holders:
Trevor Murdoch - 41
Tyrus - 49
Homicide - 45
Jax Dane - 41
Doug Williams - 49 and Harry Smith - 36

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ric Flair challenge for the NWA title if he survives his next "retirement" match

NWA is still around? I thought it folded years ago!

famicommander

15 Year Member
Billy Corgan bought it.

When he's not talking about having seen shapeshifting lizard people and how jetstreams from commercial airliners are actually the government dumping mind control poison on the unsuspecting public he likes to book horrible wrestling shows.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Billy Corgan bought it.

When he's not talking about having seen shapeshifting lizard people and how jetstreams from commercial airliners are actually the government dumping mind control poison on the unsuspecting public he likes to book horrible wrestling shows.

Haha that’s hilarious.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Haha that’s hilarious.
He tried to buy Impact Wrestling prior to that but he got outsmarted by Dixie Carter.

She took loans from Corgan to keep the company afloat after her oil billionaire parents cut the purse strings. She promised she'd sell the whole thing to Corgan but Corgan never got it in writing. So while Corgan's money helped her make payroll for a few more weeks she sold the company out from under him to a Canadian billion dollar media company (Anthem).

Corgan was super pissed and bought NWA to make himself feel better.

Probably worked out for the best, though. I think Corgan himself would be bankrupt by now if he'd tried to actually run an organization as big as Impact. He pays those NWA guys less than McDonald's workers. When Thunder Rosa was the NWA women's champion she had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so she had enough money to fix her car and drive to her next indie booking.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
He tried to buy Impact Wrestling prior to that but he got outsmarted by Dixie Carter.

She took loans from Corgan to keep the company afloat after her oil billionaire parents cut the purse strings. She promised she'd sell the whole thing to Corgan but Corgan never got it in writing. So while Corgan's money helped her make payroll for a few more weeks she sold the company out from under him to a Canadian billion dollar media company (Anthem).

Corgan was super pissed and bought NWA to make himself feel better.

Probably worked out for the best, though. I think Corgan himself would be bankrupt by now if he'd tried to actually run an organization as big as Impact. He pays those NWA guys less than McDonald's workers. When Thunder Rosa was the NWA women's champion she had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so she had enough money to fix her car and drive to her next indie booking.

Interesting! I love the behind the scenes of wrestling. It’s so interesting. I’m sure you’ve seen dark side of the ring? Great show. Ya when I see Tyrus with the title I always figured he retired and just was wearing a belt from a folded company.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Interesting! I love the behind the scenes of wrestling. It’s so interesting. I’m sure you’ve seen dark side of the ring? Great show. Ya when I see Tyrus with the title I always figured he retired and just was wearing a belt from a folded company.
Tyrus had an acting career going until he got metoo'd himself for sending unwanted dick pics to coworkers. In 2017-2020 he was in 3 movies and 6 TV shows including GLOW, Preacher, MacGyver, and The Purge. Now Corgan and Fox News are the only ones who will book him (yes, for some reason Fox News brings him on as a business analyst of some kind).

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Tyrus had an acting career going until he got metoo'd himself for sending unwanted dick pics to coworkers. In 2017-2020 he was in 3 movies and 6 TV shows including GLOW, Preacher, MacGyver, and The Purge. Now Corgan and Fox News are the only ones who will book him (yes, for some reason Fox News brings him on as a business analyst of some kind).

Ya my mom watches some show on at night and he’s always a guest. He always has the belt over his shoulder when I see him on it

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
On Friday June 9, New Japan Pro-Wrestling was in receipt of a video from Juice Robinson, in which he stated that he would not be present for his IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship three way match at Dominion.

In fact, Robinson had initially agreed to the championship match Sunday in Osaka Jo Hall. Having now reneged on this agreement and refusing to attend in Osaka, NJPW is hereby stripping Robinson of his champion status and is demanding the return of the championship belt currently in his possession.

As a result of the championship vacancy, the previously scheduled IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship three way is now a singles match that will determine a new champion.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Speaking of NJPW, here are the fast results from their Dominion Show in Osaka, Japan:

• Aaron Henare defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan
  • El Phantasmo & Ace Austin & Taiji Ishimori defeated Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito & Bushi
  • Toru Yano defeated Doc Gallows
  • Evil & Sho & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr. & El Desperado for the Never Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship
  • Jeff Cobb & Great O Khan defeated Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owen for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Hirooki Goto in an Interim AEW World Championship Eliminator
  • Shingo Takagi defeated Taichi for the KOPW Championship
  • Karl Anderson defeated Tama Tonga for the Never Openweight Championship
  • Will Ospreay defeated Sanada for the vacant IWGP United States Championship
  • Jay White defeated Kazuchika Okada
Check with your favorite wrestling site for detailed results.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Speaking of the NWA, they did have a PPV last night. Makes me wonder how many knew or bought it?

NWA Alwayz Ready PPV Results: 6-11-22

(1) ARON STEVENS vs TREVOR MURDOCH

Murdoch won with the top rope bulldog in 4:38.

(Solid and short opener. After the match the crowd started to chant Thank You Stevens and he said thank you. Maybe he really will retire.)

(2) NWA WORLD WOMEN’S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: THE HEX (ALLYSIN KAY & MARTI BELLE) (c) vs PRETTY EMPOWERED (KENZIE PAGE & ELLA ENVY)

Pretty Empowered won the NWA Women’s World Tag Team Championship when Envy pinned Belle after the Rocker Dropper in 8:36.

(This match was a rematch from the Crockett Cup and was an improvement.. Pretty Empowered showed growth from the previous match but still needed to cheat to win. The commentators mentioning the hometown support for Pretty Empowered telegraphed the victory.)

(3) NWA JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: HOMICDIE (c) vs PJ HAWX

Homicide retained the NWA Jr Heavyweight Championship with the Cop Killer in 11:00.

( This was a good match showcasing mutual respect between a veteran and someone of less experience.)

After the match, the Fixers attacked Homicide and PJ Hawx. Luke Hawx attempted to make the save but was unsuccessful. The Mortons came down and ran off the Fixers. Colby Corino used this opportunity to cash in his championship opportunity he won in the 2021 Championship Series.

(4) NWA JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: HOMICDIE (c) vs COLBY CORINO

Homicide retained the NWA Jr Heavyweight Championship with the Cop Killer in 9:07.

(This was also a good match though it made Corino look bad because he couldn’t beat Homicide with an advantage. Corino did kick out of the Cop Killer. This will probably lead Corino to be even more unhinged than before.)

May Valentine interviews Jennacide. Jennacide she came here to fight but she didn’t have a match on the pay per view. Jennacide said Natalia Markova got a match after attacking people and that she will be looking for Markova. Jennacide said when she was done with Markova, she would set her sights on the NWA Women’s Championship.

(5) TAYA VALKYRIE vs NATALIA MARKOVA with TARYN TERRELL

Markova won with a spinning heel kick in 8:42.

(Match was sloppy at points. Terrell was Markova’s saving grace but tension remained between the two. It was surprising that Valkyrie lost even though she had the visual pin. I assume she won’t be around in the NWA long.)

(6) NWA NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: JAX DANE (c) vs CHRIS ADONIS

Dane retained the NWA National Heavyweight Championship with the Pop the Trunk lariat in 10:09.

(The match contained dueling Master Lock challenges that were interesting. Adonis injured his hand earlier in the match that led to the finish.)

Aron Stevens gave a heartfelt interview that his goal was to become a world champion but he fell short. He said he got a lot out of the business but said it was time to move on. He said he was looking forward to going to Brazil with May Valentine who said she was proud of him.

(7) CYON with AUSTIN IDOL vs THOM LATIMER

Latimer won with a powerbomb in 12:29.

(This match was almost a glorified squash until Latimer took control in the last minute and won. This is the first time I have seen Latimer wrestle as a babyface in the NWA.)

(8) NWA WORLD TELEVISION TITLE: TYRUS with BLK JEEZ (c) vs MIMS

Tyrus won in 8:34 with a heart punch.

(The crowd was really into Mims and this seemed like the perfect time for a title change. Unfortunately this was not the case. Mims reinjured his shoulder leading to the finish.)

(9) NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: LA REBELLION (BESTIA 666 & MECHA WOLF) (c) vs COMMENWEALTH CONNECTION (HARRY SMITH & DOUG WILLIAMS)

The Commonwealth Connection won the NWA Tag Team Championship when Williams pinned Bestia 666 after a Smith headbutt in 13:53.

(This match was better than the match they had at the Crockett Cup. Williams bleeding from the nose added to the drama and he kicked out of Total Rebellion. This led to the crowd chanting for Williams.)

May Valentine interviewed KiLynn King. King said she has been working hard to get this moment to wrestles for the NWA Women’s title. King said Kamille is not as focused on this match as she is but King believes she is the biggest threat Kamile has ever faced.

(10) NWA WOMEN’s CHAMPIONSHIP: KAMILLE (c) vs KILYNN KING

Kamille retained the NWA Women’s Championship in 17:07 with the Spear.

(Bully Ray was the guest commentator on this match. My favorite match of the show and the best Kamile match I have ever seen. Both wresters were intense and put in great performances. After the match was over, Max the Impaler ran to the ring and had to be held back by security.)

(11) NWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: NICK ALDIS vs TREVOR MURDOCH vs THOM LATIMER vs SAM SHAW

Trevor Murdoch win the NWA World Championship after hitting Aldis with the top rope bulldog in 18:10.

(Maitland’s Thoughts: The match from an in ring perspective was pretty good. I see the choice of Murdoch as World Champion as an uninspiring one.)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yoooo! Kojima just won GHC!!

He’s the fourth ever, to hold GHC/Triple Crown/IWGP titles in his career.

Only Muta has surpassed this feat, holding the three above belts, and the NWA World’s title.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yoooo! Kojima just won GHC!!

He’s the fourth ever, to hold GHC/Triple Crown/IWGP titles in his career.

Only Muta has surpassed this feat, holding the three above belts, and the NWA World’s title.
Kojima won the NWA and MLW world titles too.

I mean, nobody cared at the time but he did it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Kojima won the NWA and MLW world titles too.

I mean, nobody cared at the time but he did it.
Woah, I didn’t know that! I stand corrected. Kojima is king of the straps! ^_^

Not defending my foux paux…but perhaps the NWA belt meant more when Muta held it?

When did Kojima get his run w/ MLW & NWA?

I was a lapsed fan for alooooong time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Woah, I didn’t know that! I stand corrected. Kojima is king of the straps! ^_^

Not defending my foux paux…but perhaps the NWA belt meant more when Muta held it?

When did Kojima get his run w/ MLW & NWA?

I was a lapsed fan for alooooong time.
MLW was back in the original MLW era, 2003ish. NWA was like 2010ish when NWA belts were basically just house show belts for NJPW.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jeff Hardy arrested again for:
-DUI (3rd in the state in less than 10 years)
-Driving while license revoked
-Violating restrictions placed on license

Two misdemeanors and one felony.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So
Danielson, who has a history of concussions, is out with a concussion because they booked him in an "anarchy" match
Hardy, who has a history of DUIs, got another DUI because he's Jeff Hardy
CM Punk, who is 43 and reigning champion, had to have foot surgery because he's taking stage dives into the crowd

Sloppy shop shit, AEW.

Of course, WWE didn't punish Uso at all for his fourth DUI last year either.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It’s sad; Jeff is someone’s dad. He needs to get his shit together for the kids.