Cell Phone order delays

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Anyone have to deal with this lately? I ordered an S22 Ultra from BB and it was suppoed to be here Friday. I got the "delayed" email on Friday around 6pm. No contact since. Anyone have to deal with this stuff lately? I ordered the black 512gb Verizon phone. I could pick up a 256gb phone today unlocked, but it's half the storage and $150 more. Plus I'd need to pay it now instead of $26 per month. I really want my phone, but $150 more for half the storage sucks! Any idea how long these delays usually take? BB is no help.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I didn't know Big Bear did cell phones

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yesterday was Juneteenth, a federal holiday, which may account for some of the delay. USPS was closed, but, I did see a FedEx truck making the rounds. They might just be shorthanded too; I got a postcard from USPS that they were looking for employees to help deliver mail, in their own vehicles, a few weeks ago.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Look at this, poor american, no immediate pickup of fun fun flashy tech gadget. No red, white and blue for you! ha ha ha!

giphy.gif

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yesterday was Juneteenth, a federal holiday, which may account for some of the delay. USPS was closed, but, I did see a FedEx truck making the rounds. They might just be shorthanded too; I got a postcard from USPS that they were looking for employees to help deliver mail, in their own vehicles, a few weeks ago.
Of course USPS is looking for employees. Most new hires are quitting because they don't want to work 12 hour days for six days in a row and then have to work another 6 hours on Sunday. It's not sustainable.

@M

20 Year Member
I believe this was part-time work, not like the hours you're describing. Said postcard claimed the need was due to rural customers, but, delivery in my area has always been of that nature without it causing problems, so, I think they just don't want to admit to a staffing shortage. Prior to getting that postcard, a gentleman delivered a USPS package to my door in a normal, unmarked vehicle, and, at the time, I'd just assumed that the post office's company van had broken down and was in the shop, but, now I know what was really up.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Of course USPS is looking for employees. Most new hires are quitting because they don't want to work 12 hour days for six days in a row and then have to work another 6 hours on Sunday. It's not sustainable.
Nearly every American on here claims to work/have worked these hours

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I believe this was part-time work, not like the hours you're describing. Said postcard claimed the need was due to rural customers, but, delivery in my area has always been of that nature without it causing problems, so, I think they just don't want to admit to a staffing shortage. Prior to getting that postcard, a gentleman delivered a USPS package to my door in a normal, unmarked vehicle, and, at the time, I'd just assumed that the post office's company van had broken down and was in the shop, but, now I know what was really up.
Sounds like an RCA (rural carrier assistant). Those guys are usually treated even worse and have less benefits than CCAs (city carrier assistant).

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
My parents live on a state route. I spoke with our mailman a few times when I was living with them. He drove a jeep that had right-side drive. His route was 60 miles, one way. Can you imagine how long that took, especially if he had to get out at multiple locations to get a signature on packages? 12 hours, to be honest, may not be enough to complete that.

Jon

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
My parents live on a state route. I spoke with our mailman a few times when I was living with them. He drove a jeep that had right-side drive. His route was 60 miles, one way. Can you imagine how long that took, especially if he had to get out at multiple locations to get a signature on packages? 12 hours, to be honest, may not be enough to complete that.

Jon
Spot on. And then the management expects you to take on extra routes even if your normal route takes that much time. Depending on the station, they usually have a few open routes as well. The parcels I can make sense of having to do, but I think it's come to the point where delivering advertisements (Valpaks, Redplum advos, etc.) to literally every single house is an outdated model and a waste of time. Most people throw that stuff straight into the garbage or complain to carriers that so and so doesn't live there anymore.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thread title makes it sound like the phone is back ordered, but the main text sounds like it's shipped and the delivery is delayed.

Seems like retailers promise exact delivery dates now, and when they're missed people feel more than mildly inconvenienced.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Nearly every American on here claims to work/have worked these hours
In my late teens, early 20s, sometimes. I'm not dealing with that as an established worker in my field, and haven't for some time.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
complaining about a few days of delays..... this is some next level complaining in this day and age.

@M

20 Year Member
A seller recently mistakenly(?) sent one of my shipments to South Korea, and, the best part is that the tracking states that it was mailed on May 31st, but, I didn't even place the order until June 3rd. 🤣 Psychics shouldn't mail packages when they're drunk.