Firearm enthusiast thread

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Anhydrous ammonia, chlorine gas, arson, IEDs.

Or just use a gun you stole from the cop you killed.
I guess the point I was going to make is whether you would expect the 700 mass shooting events from last year to be replaced by 700 chlorine gas attacks or pipe bomb attacks, like a bad day in Basra.

But then spoon and you both mentioned arson, and car attacks and I thought actually, that's not a bad shout, I'll ditch my point.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I guess the point I was going to make is whether you would expect the 700 mass shooting events from last year to be replaced by 700 chlorine gas attacks or pipe bomb attacks, like a bad day in Basra.

I would expect a similar number of attacks related to gang violence and other homicides.

I would not expect as many lone gunman copy-cat mass shootings at schools or concerts or whatever.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I am glad we dont have acid attacks like in the UK. I think it's because the gang members in the US are too dumb to understand chemistry...outside of street drugs.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Or perhaps what hate is it that is driving people to commit these acts?
Unfortunately, I think a lot of the mass shootings come down at least partially to self-hate, which is difficult to circumnavigate.

The question is what would have been used to kill kids if not a gun.
People intent on doing violence will find a way to do it.
A related question would be how much less lethal violence would be possible in the same amout of allotted time. Certainly the kid in Texas would have been able to kill students with a machette, for example. But as many? Fighting back or running away is more viable against a machette than a gun. A locked classroom door actually means something against a machette. And at the very minimum, the cops likely wouldn't have waited outside in fear for 45 minutes if the kid had only a machette.

I think its better to ask why so many of these shooters seem to be a known entity yet somehow still fall through the cracks.
Already asked and answered. The states like Texas most against any kind of gun control reform are also the states that have slashed mental health services and access to the mental health services that remain to essentially zero.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I am glad we dont have acid attacks like in the UK. I think it's because the gang members in the US are too dumb to understand chemistry...outside of street drugs.
Agreed on this, absolutely horrifying, I hate that this exists.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love how the rest of the world is like, America is crazy, what is wrong with you guys?

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is like, here, hold my granade. And, booosh, check out Two-Face's origin story.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ok guys the time has come, give up ALL your firearms and join with California.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Supreme Court rejects NY’s CCW licensing scheme as unconstitutional.

I will have to read the ruling but it appears “special need/special cause” to carry is out, or rather “self defense” is a legitimate reason to carry.

Ruling Possibly set up a standard by which other gun control laws are to be scrutinized with?

I think probably every state with shall issue ccw is about to get sued.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
California is a shit hole that wipes its ass with the Bill of Rights if said laws allow the law abiding to defend themselves. You can plead the 2nd all you want here but all you will get in response is the middle, as in the middle finger from the state. Congratulations to all New Yorkers for the win.

I remember the night I pulled my weapon on a meth head trying to stab me in a 7/11 parking lot, the meth head ran. My gun saved my life but the ONLY reason I could have it and did have it outside the house was due to me returning from the range PURELY out of coincidence that night.

But I will never forget what the cops told me in the aftermath which was I should have turned my back to him and tried to flee instead, I SHOULDN'T have pulled my weapon from my car trunk but instead should have taken a chance at trying to run away.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The case will be a win for all lawful gun owners and those interested in the free exercise of their rights.

Gov. Newsom has already indicated changes to CA’s law given the NY ruling as it’s inconsistent with the ruling.

More litigation is certainly to come.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The case will be a win for all lawful gun owners and those interested in the free exercise of their rights.

Gov. Newsom has already indicated changes to CA’s law given the NY ruling as it’s inconsistent with the ruling.

More litigation is certainly to come.
They have been litigating for years on the unconstitutional LIMITED gun roster in California and the government hasn't given a inch for example, hell in fact the state tried to negotiate the removal of TWO firearms for every ONE added. California recently made mail ordering ammo illegal and purchasing ammo face to face now requires special considerations.

For those of you not in the know, in California we can only purchase state approved firearms. Needless to say this approved list is extremely small.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You talk like I don’t live in CA.

This will take decades but with SCOTUS as it is now we’ll see more changes. Even if Thomas or one of the other conservative justices retires or dies. The court will be pro-gun for decades.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The case appears to have set out a metric by which other arms control laws are to be measured. I think we’ll see gun control laws go down rapidly in the next decade.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You talk like I don’t live in CA.

This will take decades but with SCOTUS as it is now we’ll see more changes. Even if Thomas or one of the other conservative justices retires or dies. The court will be pro-gun for decades.
I know you are in CA

I don't have decades. I almost was murdered in a parking lot by a meth head and the only reason I wasn't was because of my firearm and the pure luck of having it near me.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
But I will never forget what the cops told me in the aftermath which was I should have turned my back to him and tried to flee instead, I SHOULDN'T have pulled my weapon from my car trunk but instead should have taken a chance at trying to run away.
Yeah. They don’t want you to take their jobs , when its a life and dead situation it’s better to be judge by 12 the carry by 6 . Canada has a joke system And pm . Banning gun does not keep it out of criminals hands. it just punish legal gun owners .

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
California historically has only instigated arms control to subjugate blacks, Asians (Chinese especially), and Latinos.

GG California.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Yeah. They don’t want you to take their jobs , when its a life and dead situation it’s better to be judge by 12 the carry by 6 . Canada has a joke system And pm . Banning gun does not keep it out of criminals hands. it just punish legal gun owners .
This right here

California historically has only instigated arms control to subjugate blacks, Asians (Chinese especially), and Latinos.

GG California.

The Mulford Act of 1967

The NRA token Negro Colin Noir swears it was not drafted to suppress minorities rights and the NRA had nothing to do with.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Colon Noir is not a firearm channel I watch, though I have seen him (which is why I don’t watch him.) He’s just a shill.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There was a time it was acceptable to be a member of the NRA, and I’ve been a member, but no longer. They’ve won some astounding guns right cases for us but their internal political machinations and getting in bed with other right wingers and their agendas, and the absolute GRIFT from them at the top level is terrible.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
but their internal political machinations and getting in bed with other right wingers and their agendas, and the absolute GRIFT from them at the top level is terrible.
Welcome to fifty years ago.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Listen, in the 90s you could call someone retarded. It was a mean thing to say but you could do it.

Likewise you could be a member of the NRA.

You can’t be a member of the NRA anymore just as much as you can’t call a retard a retard.

Them’s the breaks, kid.