Yu Suzuki's Air Twister

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yu has a brand new game and it is right up my ally, a spiritual succecor to Space Harrier with Queen like music!
Sadly it is only on Apple Arcade sniff. Luckily I got an IPhone and can play a month for free. Hopefully it will eventually be released on other platforms:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
LMFAO is that a goose?

I forgot Apple Arcade was a subscription model - really fucking dumb compared to Microsoft Gamepass. At least with gamepass if I unsubscribe I can still buy any games on the service because...they're actually real games you can buy.

But you can't play games on Apple Arcade unless you subscribe...as there is no way to otherwise purchase them?

D
U
M
B

This model leads me to believe the games are of dubious quality.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Why do new games have all this rap/hip hop ost bullshit music now? Besides that the game looks interesting to play if it gets released to other platforms.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why do new games have all this rap/hip hop ost bullshit music now? Besides that the game looks interesting to play if it gets released to other platforms.
You were just asking for rap recommendations a couple days ago... you would have loved it if it was some weeb rap about underage little girls with pink hair and magic powers.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Looks nice, but I don't have apple arcade. It would be nice if it was cross platform.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
LMFAO is that a goose?

I forgot Apple Arcade was a subscription model - really fucking dumb compared to Microsoft Gamepass. At least with gamepass if I unsubscribe I can still buy any games on the service because...they're actually real games you can buy.

But you can't play games on Apple Arcade unless you subscribe...as there is no way to otherwise purchase them?

D
U
M
B

This model leads me to believe the games are of dubious quality.
Yeah it is dumb as shit. I hope this is only exclusive for a certain time or somebody finds a way to download said game as a binary.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You’d think at least one person would be less bothered by the Apple exclusive and more…perplexed, I guess, that games from Japan seem to still be from 2005.

I’m sure it’s fun and all, but also I’m sorta baffled that it looks like a GameCube title. The BGs seem nice but the main character looks like she’s from the NiGHTS era of Sega CG.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm less concerned about the graphics than I am with gameplay. Is it a fun game to play? I'll have to re-up my Apple Arcade sub.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I played it some 15 minutes and I like it. But the fact that my big fat thumb is continuously over half of the screen is a big bummer for me. Enjoying the music and the visuals should be a big part of the experience. Not happening on a 5 inch screen with half of it covered by my thumb.

Your right about the grafix. I guess yu Suzuki never upgraded his core duo pc.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Shenmue 3 looked really dated and that had an actual budget so this looking like a GC or Wii title isn't very surprising.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It looks more like SGI Onyx. So like…1994, Toy Story 1, Donkey Kong Country. Like the cutscenes in NiGHTS, pretty much. From before good tools were invented. :)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think it's great Yu is still making video games.

Space Harrier always put a smile on my face. Welcome to the Fantasy Zone.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I think it's great Yu is still making video games.
The problem is his patented method of not actually playing or paying attention to other games doesn't work anymore. That was fine back in the day and allowed him to innovate because the industry was still relatively young and the emphasis was on arcade titles. These days it's totally unacceptable and makes it apparent that he has been passed by. Shenmue III is borderline unplayable and a huge step back from the previous games.

The dude deserves all the props in the world for his past accomplishments and innovations but he's a dinosaur now. It actually makes total sense that this game would be relegated to iPhones it's the kind of cheap gimmicky stuff that would have been revolutionary 30 years ago but now comes off as sloppy indie shovel ware.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Many of his games, are the same game.
Space Harrier is AfterBurner is PowerDrift is OutRun is…
I mean-give him his props. His time has come and gone tho.

His games that aren’t SuperScalers or Virtua Fighters, SUCK.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You’d think at least one person would be less bothered by the Apple exclusive and more…perplexed, I guess, that games from Japan seem to still be from 2005.

I’m sure it’s fun and all, but also I’m sorta baffled that it looks like a GameCube title. The BGs seem nice but the main character looks like she’s from the NiGHTS era of Sega CG.

I'm sure it looks fine on iPhone as mentioned above unless you have a custom controller setup your fingers are blocking the screen anyway.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
His games that aren’t SuperScalers or Virtua Fighters, SUCK.
Bingo.

Shenmue 1&2 were amazing accomplishments and extremely ambitious but aside from certain sections they are not fun to play. People love them but always seem to overlook all the things that even at the time were beyond tedious and often flat out infuriating.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bingo.

Shenmue 1&2 were amazing accomplishments and extremely ambitious but aside from certain sections they are not fun to play. People love them but always seem to overlook all the things that even at the time were beyond tedious and often flat out infuriating.

I remember I had to get my friend to give me a ride to Wal-Mart so I could buy Shenmue back in the day as I didn't have my license yet or a car yet despite having been 16 for a few months. I loved the game at the time.

I did attempt to play Shenmue 2 years later when it released on the Xbox, and while I was enamored with Shenmue 1 on release, I definitely had found Shenmue 2 to me no longer the novel experience and basically not worth playing.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I remember I had to get my friend to give me a ride to Wal-Mart so I could buy Shenmue back in the day as I didn't have my license yet or a car yet despite having been 16 for a few months. I loved the game at the time.

I did attempt to play Shenmue 2 years later when it released on the Xbox, and while I was enamored with Shenmue 1 on release, I definitely had found Shenmue 2 to me no longer the novel experience and basically not worth playing.
I think you have to be unemployed at Christmas time 20 years ago to be able to enjoy Shenmue 2 to the max, which luckily I was, and I did. Its not for everyone but I loved that game. I regard Shenmue 1 as an unfortunate prerequisite to Shenmue 2.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mobile is where the money is now. Fucking sucks.