Voultar MIA?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Got confirmation that my N64 was received in January, it's June and there's no update on the actual mod itself. It's also clear based on the tweets that I'm not the only one in his massive backlog.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Seems to be the case. Still no update on my order, but I'm tasked out with work so i haven't thought of it. Glad to see someone is getting their stuff, wonder when they shipped their N64 to him.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
While the guy might be crazy busy, Voultar famously (I mean, as famous as a console modder can be) hates the N64 outside of his day-to-day work. He trolls the Madmans of the world frequently talking about what a garbage console it is.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
While the guy might be crazy busy, Voultar famously (I mean, as famous as a console modder can be) hates the N64 outside of his day-to-day work. He trolls the Madmans of the world frequently talking about what a garbage console it is.

I mean, not to defend him, but outside of a few games, the console didn't age well.

Any updates on this asshole?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean, not to defend him, but outside of a few games, the console didn't age well.

Any updates on this asshole?

Oh I 100% agree with him. The N64 was and is trash. I was just providing context.

Hopefully gallegos got his shit.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I agree with him %100. The thing SUCKED. I traded all my SNES/SFC stuff for mine back in the day and…it was easily the biggest downturn in the history of consoles. They essentially traded their market for another dumber one. To go from tons of 2D fighters and JRPGs to NONE in a single system…when those genres were in a huge boom time…was a huge shitty change. After a year or so I traded it all for a Saturn and haven’t regretted it for a second.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I agree with him %100. The thing SUCKED. I traded all my SNES/SFC stuff for mine back in the day and…it was easily the biggest downturn in the history of consoles. They essentially traded their market for another dumber one. To go from tons of 2D fighters and JRPGs to NONE in a single system…when those genres were in a huge boom time…was a huge shitty change. After a year or so I traded it all for a Saturn and haven’t regretted it for a second.
I remember so many people trading in N64's to my friends game store that he had to start absolutely refusing. People were taking anything, no matter how low, he offered. At one point I think we were using one as a door stop 🙃

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Oh I 100% agree with him. The N64 was and is trash. I was just providing context.

Hopefully gallegos got his shit.
I liked the N64. For the 3 or so games I played and beat on it then sold it away right after.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I liked the N64. For the 3 or so games I played and beat on it then sold it away right after.

Anyone who can’t find three good N64 games isn’t looking. Wave Race, Mario 64, Bangaioh, easy. Finding like…10 good N64 games however requires much more barrel scraping and probably isn’t even possible. I’ve forgotten more good SFC games than there are good N64 games.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
So i completely forgot about this until yesterday when my wife asked about it. She was unpacking all of our stuff and wondered where her N64 was.

I requested that the console and kit be returned since it's been nearly 7 months with zero answer to anything. I'm hoping it doesn't take another 7 months to get that thing back.

Anyone know someone who can do an N64Digital HDMI mod within the next year or so? I'll obviously pay for the time spent on the mod and shipping.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Sin and Punishment.

Now you have 7.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Star Fox 64 was pretty well received back in the day... don't know how it holds up now?

Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps - do they still hold up?

Pilot Wings 64. Resident Evil 2?

I think you can easily name 10 good games for the N64... you just might have to think harder than for its contemporaries.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Need your help all.

I posted in his pinned COVID tweet that i requested a refund. No response, nothing.

Can I get those that have Twitter to put pressure on this guy? He's active into witter after the fact, and It looks like negative Twitter press makes him jump.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Need your help all.

I posted in his pinned COVID tweet that i requested a refund. No response, nothing.

Can I get those that have Twitter to put pressure on this guy? He's active into witter after the fact, and It looks like negative Twitter press makes him jump.
I don't mind blasting someone on Twitter, but how recent is the 'Vid tweet? Active or not, I might wanna give him a second personally. I know, I know, I'm too nice.