Weekly Roundup

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tiger Road - 80s arcade Capcom game with Chinese motif. I remember hating it when I was younger but I enjoy it now. The stage select is a rare and welcome touch.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This week wasn't much.

Raiden Fighters Jet

DS
Pokemon SoulSilver - got to a good spot to save. Got the red Gyarados and the exp share, so I'm in Olivine City for now.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
GB:
- Skate or Die: Bad N Rad. Love the alternating sideview and overhead stages. I want to have a talk with that young lady who thinks it's cool to be fishing from the bridge over the aqueduct with a grappling hook...there are better ways to get a date, offering to let them bathe in milk in your bathtub for example.

MD:
- Sonic Spinball. Little clunky, but, I still enjoy this pinball game that also breaks the mold and incorporates a little platforming from time-to-time, something I don't think any game developer has ever tried before or since. I should try NES Pinball Quest again too...

Mobile:
- Plants vs Zombies
- Scatter Slots

1654428644770.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
SNES:
- Super Chase HQ. Never tried this version until now. The first person perspective, Mode 7 scaling, and overall presentation is pretty slick--I wish I'd bought this back in the day. Definitely a port that earns the "super" title.
- Samurai Shodown. Haven't visited this port in years and the deficiencies that never really bothered me much, particularly the slowdown and tiny sprites, annoy me now. Still impressive that they squeezed so much onto a SNES cart though. I remember one of the old gaming mags at the time, Gamepro I think, wrote that this had the zooming working, in an early preview, but, that got cut for the final release (I'd speculate that Earthquake's size was too much for the SNES.) AOF on SNES does have zooming, so, it is possible.

Genesis:
- Chase HQ 2. Kind of rough, even for a Genesis game, but, still fun.
- E-SWAT. Reflexes/memory aren't what they used to be, I had trouble with the first helicopter boss and then I got lost in the second prison level.

Mobile:
- Scatter Slots.
- Also, after many weeks, finally had enough of Plants vs Zombies. 🤣

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Sonic Mania - played through some of this one for a while. Enjoyable, but i was never the biggest sonic fan so some of the ADD-level design gets lost to me. The later levels i have to take in doses due to their size and restarting from the beginning upon game over.

Gunbird for the SOTM

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
- E-SWAT. Reflexes/memory aren't what they used to be, I had trouble with the first helicopter boss and then I got lost in the second prison level
Maybe your brain is dying.

ESWAT is incredible.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
6/12/22

Super Famicom
Ghost Sweeper Mikami - I’ve been playing this ever so often, I believe I’m at the last level.

Switch
Tetris 99
Super Tennis
Gunbird

PS4
Slipstream

@M

20 Year Member
Ghost Sweeper on SFC was pretty cool, I'll have to give that a spin again. Thanks for reminding me that it exists!

Sublimewls

New Challenger
For me a lot of COD Warzone on Xbox x and super sidekicks and baseball stars professional

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Ps5
Salt and sacrifice

Switch
Astral Chain

NES
Trojan
Guardian Legend

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Put a couple more hours into Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth on PS4, trying to take my time with it. Still enjoying it quite a bit, definitely one of the better blatant SOTN clones.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Put a couple more hours into Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth on PS4, trying to take my time with it. Still enjoying it quite a bit, defiantly one of the better blatant SOTN clones.
Glad it’s decent, it’s on my list to pick up. Jonny Maximum said you’ve been playing it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Glad it’s decent, it’s on my list to pick up. Jonny Maximum said you’ve been playing it.
It's not amazing but you can tell they put a lot of work into it and I think the Record of Lodoss War characters and setting work well with the SOTN style gameplay and level design. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

There's a polarity mechanic like Ikaruga that takes a bit of getting used to but it's implemented pretty well. The levels are fairly easy so far but the bosses have a good balance of old school memorization without being infuriating. It's an interesting mix of gameplay elements from SOTN, Ikaruga and Bust a Move that actually come together in a surprisingly cohesive package.

@M

20 Year Member
GBA:
- WarioWare, Inc. Mega MicroGames$!: One of the best video games ever made in my opinion. I haven't played it in so long, it's like a new experience again. I particularly love the atmosphere of the ninja level, with her running down the halls, through neverending sliding doors, while a woman sings in Japanese. The batshit craziness of the storyline and mini game subject matter is awesome and the replay value is through the roof.

- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. I've played and beaten the cartridge several times, but, like Wario, it's been so long, it's almost like a new experience again. I got good and lost for quite awhile too, even with the map. I know there are really 2 castles interposed on top of each other, but, that still kind of messes with you, navigation-wise with all the sealed doors. I'd say I'm currently about halfway through, just beat the Peeping Big boss after Death revealed the truth about the 2 castles and them being Maxim's doing. I also completely forgot all about this wonderful Golem boss until I ran into him. Having made a mini action figure of him, he's like a (abandoned) son to me. 🤣
golem_by_kramwartap_d1gbc7u-pre.jpg

Genesis:
- Castlevania Bloodlines (Revamped Hack): All good until the invisible cutting wheels bug in level 4 ruined Eric's day. I hate that giant bat boss at the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa with a passion.

SNES:
- Ghost Sweeper Mikami: Currently stuck on level 3, which is okay, because I love being shrunk and riding on the back of that cat across the rooftops over and over again anyway. I liked the dolls boss of level 2; that fight has a very Splatterhouse feel to it, even though there's no gore.

Mobile:
- Scatter Slots: I've been playing this off-and-on for almost 3 years now and am on level 1,800-something with about 30 billion dollars.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Switch
Gunbird - some runs for the SOTM

Sonic Mania - beat this one this week, fun game. Never been a big sonic fan but i enjoyed it.

Xenoblade Chronicles - started and on chapter 4 in the ether mines. Really liking it so far, combat is fun and the enemy designs are interesting.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

A little more Wonder Labyrinth, I said it was easy earlier but I'm getting my ass kicked now. Probably need to use the in game shop more.

Shantae Seven Sirens- Like all the other games in the series there's a lot of charm that mostly makes up for it's shortcomings.

Deathsmiles 1&2- Fuck me is 2 ugly,

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The latest season pass content dropped for Wonderlands and it's as disappointing as the previous drops. New maps for the Chaos Chamber I guess but not much more.

Wonderlands is a very good game but it's also not very deep. You can grind a character up but there's no payoff. It affects nothing.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
TMNT Shredders Revenge,mostly single player runs until i can renew a ps plus sub.

RetroFreak
Bucky O Hare (famicom)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
6/26/22

PS4
64th Street a Detective Story - Ran through this co op with @Jon, Jonny Maximum, while he was visiting

Freedom Finger

Analogue Pocket
Tiny Toons Babs Big Break - Picked this up at the local game store on Jonny Maximum’s suggestion for a couple bucks that we went to. Beat it last night on the third try, i got to Montana Max the second playthrough but lost to him, I enjoyed it.

Switch
Tetris 99

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Series X
Lego DC Super Villains <- This game is just silly fun & so much to do
DC Universe Online <- Kills time

Switch
Streets of Rage 4 <- About as good as 3, I like it... Its way too long. SOR2 is still the best.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
6/26/22

PS4
64th Street a Detective Story - Ran through this co op with @Jon, Jonny Maximum, while he was visiting

Freedom Finger

Analogue Pocket
Tiny Toons Babs Big Break - Picked this up at the local game store on Jonny Maximum’s suggestion for a couple bucks that we went to. Beat it last night on the third try, i got to Montana Max the second playthrough but lost to him, I enjoyed it.

Switch
Tetris 99
Sorry I missed you guys & TMG. Swim meet + graduation parties last weekend.

Had a test run for a meet tho! *my kids had some friends over to play the cabs.
Would you believe Virtua Tennis 3 on the NetCity got the most play? The Pong archetype is the PB&J of arcade games. Never gets old.
AFCBF930-C5BF-4DA4-9517-D27D8BD820AA.jpeg

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Sorry I missed you guys & TMG. Swim meet + graduation parties last weekend.

Had a test run for a meet tho! *my kids had some friends over to play the cabs.
Would you believe Virtua Tennis 3 on the NetCity got the most play? The Pong archetype is the PB&J of arcade games. Never gets old.
View attachment 58276
Looks good man! I didn’t make it to TMG either, I had work going on. Jonny Maximum made it though, I believe he picked up some gameboy games.