I just got a Mac

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
It’s pretty different from Windows: I have the 5K Studio monitor, is it normal that I have to enlarge the Scaling to 1600x900? I can’t even read the text when it’s on native scaling/resolution?

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
My first Mac was a G4 ibook back in 03 or 04.
Now I just use Windows now because my dad and brother were about Macs. And why I stick to Microsoft.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Now I just use Windows now because my dad and brother were about Macs. And why I stick to Microsoft.

“My uncle drives a Mercedes and he molested me so I drive a Kia.”

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The older I get the more I understand why MacBooks / iMacs are so popular. My windows machine has to reboot all. The. Time. I reboot my macs a handful of times a year. Using windows feels.... ghetto? I hate using that word but seriously it does.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The older I get the more I understand why MacBooks / iMacs are so popular. My windows machine has to reboot all. The. Time. I reboot my macs a handful of times a year. Using windows feels.... ghetto? I hate using that word but seriously it does.
Yeah, but Steve Jobs was an asshole and they throttled my old iPhone so that it could handle new firmware, so... [sarcasm]

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I went for several years without a PC. When I wanted a computer again I went with the M1 Mini. Just seemed like an extraordinary value for the money.

I like Apple’s products though I tend to buy their budget offerings (SE Phones, base model watch, and iPad.)

I just don’t care to tinker on my primary device.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I use a Thinkpad all day at work. I have the USB dock and dual monitors, decent wireless KB and mouse, etc, a relatively maxed setup from a Lenovo perspective but…it does in fact feel ghetto. It feels like I’m working out of a gas station bathroom with Amazon’s Choice PC. When I get home to my five year old iMac it’s like having that one hand behind your back untied…like changing out of wet clothes.

The Apple trackpad on MacBooks is SO ahead of anyone else’s I’ve used. Also their screens are as good as the best shit out there and obviously their cases are world class as well. The OS is the main thing obviously and very much my preference. Their KBs and mouse are over-engineered bullshit, honestly.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Dang…now I feel bad because I like to think of myself as more of a Star Trek than a King Missile fan but maybe I was wrong?

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
It’s pretty different from Windows: I have the 5K Studio monitor, is it normal that I have to enlarge the Scaling to 1600x900? I can’t even read the text when it’s on native scaling/resolution?
Good luck on using your Mac. You will get used to it once you figure it out. At least you are not using Linux. Most Windows user cannot figure that out...

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
You know that it’s a company, not a lifestyle choice right?

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
Most humans you mean…
😅 Most user cannot comprehend MS-DOS back in the day as well.
I survive that era and have been using Mac and Linux for awhile now.
I understand most users will not need command lines, but it is essential if the operating system is acting up. Especially Windows...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I thought I saw you declare in chat that you were done with this site and hated everyone here? That was less than 48 hours ago, what happen? Did you get kicked out of the deviantart schoolgirl tentacle rape group?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
My 2011 iMac is still completely capable hardware wise, quad core, 32GB RAM, SSD... I only had to upgrade to a newer one because the GPU couldn't handle the newest OSes and High Sierra was the end of the road.

I don't like the UI of iPhones but my wife's 8+ is still going strong. I just prefer androids UI.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
some software does not scale for high density monitors. so yeah, you need to switch resolution.
i have to deal with old software that looks like it's written for ants when im on a 4k+ monitor.

If your native mac experience is fucked, then you need someone in the apple cult to comment.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I have a 4k iMac and everything seems fine. I don’t think my settings are anything special. I remember the problem you’re having from the 90s and CRTs but these you should be able to run everything at native res.