Post Your Recent Purchases!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
View attachment 58546

I got this in a very smooth trade with @BanishingFlatsAC . It has the Fenrir ODE installed. I'm generally not a fan of flash carts and backups, but then I had the epiphany that I could use this to easily play games that were never officially translated on original hardware. This morning I put Policenauts, the Shining Force III trilogy, Sakura Wars, Dragon Force II, etc. on it, and they work like a charm in English!
Lunar Silver Star Story got a recently completed English patch too - ported over the voice and text from the Working Designs PS1 port, but kept the original Game Arts game balance in tact. Working Designs made sweeping, nonsensical changes to balance and mechanics in the PS1 port in the US (as with all of their RPG releases). Worth a look for sure!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Lunar Silver Star Story got a recently completed English patch too - ported over the voice and text from the Working Designs PS1 port, but kept the original Game Arts game balance in tact. Working Designs made sweeping, nonsensical changes to balance and mechanics in the PS1 port in the US (as with all of their RPG releases). Worth a look for sure!
Yeah, that was a nice surprise when I had @max 330 mega build my Saturn with a MODE, plus all the games, etc. If I recall correctly, there was also a version of Lunar Saturn sans English voice acting but, fully translated otherwise.

The other big surprise was the Grandia translation, with JP voice acting. I really need to finish the first game as Grandia 2 for Dreamcast is amazing.

Jon

Last edited:

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
magically found a ps vita system only nice shape at a yard sale down the road from me, was just laying there by some cellphones...got it down from $60 to $45 (no memory card but i had a 8gb and further ordered the sd2psvita adapter)

had it modded and liquored up within a hour or so having it.

Attachments

• 20220709_142640.jpg
    20220709_142640.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
magically found a ps vita system only nice shape at a yard sale down the road from me, was just laying there buy some cellphones...got it down from $60 to $45 (no memory card but i had a 8gb and further ordered the sd2psvita adapter)

had it modded and liquored up within a hour or so having it.
Nice.
My father had a friend owe him some money.
Dude gave my dad a PSP as collateral.
Few years went by with no cash paid back.
Dad didn't want the PSP.
I got a free PSP.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Never a problem if you intend to mod it. ;)
LoLz.
I mean a problem in why am I buying stuff like this.
My son has a wii so it might see some use there.
The systems I actually need sticks for are my PS5 and Series X.
Thinking about just getting a Myflash F300 for that.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
LoLz.
I mean a problem in why am I buying stuff like this.
My son has a wii so it might see some use there.
The systems I actually need sticks for are my PS5 and Series X.
Thinking about just getting a Myflash F300 for that.
Get a mayflash F500 you can use magic boots for multiple systems. The pop up on eBay sometimes for a good price if you look. Plus they are easy to mod.

As far as the Wii stick, maybe some Tatsu vs Capcom?

HellioN

20 Year Member
Get a mayflash F500 you can use magic boots for multiple systems. The pop up on eBay sometimes for a good price if you look. Plus they are easy to mod.

As far as the Wii stick, maybe some Tatsu vs Capcom?
Iv'e looked at the 500 as well.
I'd probably like the F500 more as I tend to prefer larger sticks to rest my wrists on.
I think I keep stalling in hope a $20 adapter come out that will let me use this neo ASP I just bought at least on my series X.
Ive also considered getting one of those brook mod boards and redoing up one of my older sticks.
It would be amazing to show up with one of my old pelican sticks jammed full of Happ/IL parts.

arcade sticks.JPG

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Iv'e looked at the 500 as well.
I'd probably like the F500 more as I tend to prefer larger sticks to rest my wrists on.
I think I keep stalling in hope a $20 adapter come out that will let me use this neo ASP I just bought at least on my series X.
Ive also considered getting one of those brook mod boards and redoing up one of my older sticks.
It would be amazing to show up with one of my old pelican sticks jammed full of Happ/IL parts.

View attachment 58601
Ahah! I just spotted a HK Treamcast Stick! ;)

Had one too some moons ago. They dont pop very often too.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
This is about 6-8 months of pick-ups... I've lost track.

The boxed Master System II cost $120 CAD (~$92 USD) from Kijiji. The console looks like new but it might not work.
When connected to my CRT it displays nothing and no sound. And there are no LEDs on the SMS II to show if it has power.
Looks like this was originally sold in Germany. Which I think is PAL territory and maybe that's why it won't work on my NTSC TV.

NHL '94 for the Sega CD cost $40 CAD (~$30 USD) with shipping from Kijiji. NHL '94 is the only Hockey game I played on the Genesis so I thought 'why not' have it for the Sega CD.

Battleship Gonora (aka Bio-Ship Paladin ) for the Japanese Mega Drive from a fellow retro gamer for $100 USD.

I spent $300 USD for Super Mario Bros, Zelda Link to the Past, Axelay and NES Ninja Gaiden III. None had their cartridge; just box and manuals.
Picked up a loose Players Choice Link to the Past cart for $40 CAD (~$30 USD) and I traded No Escape CIB (Genesis) for a loose cart for Axelay.
Looking for a loose Link to the Past Players Choice and Ninja Gaiden III to complete them.

Wild Guns from Strictly Limited Games for €56.48 all in.

I forget what Super Empire cost me. I think it was something like $60 CAD (~$46 USD).

If I ever find a CIB Super Ghoul's n Ghosts I'll be very happy with my little SNES collection.

SMS and SNES 2.png

Attachments

• SMS and SNES.png
    SMS and SNES.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 6

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The all-black Sega Master System II was only ever sold in PAL territories, you'd need a PAL TV or an NTSC conversion applied to your SMS II.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
The all-black Sega Master System II was only ever sold in PAL territories, you'd need a PAL TV or an NTSC conversion applied to your SMS II.
This is good to know. Thanks HMG. It's in really nice shape and I'd like to leave it stock. Maybe I'll stumble onto a small PAL CRT someday.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
This is about 6-8 months of pick-ups... I've lost track.

The boxed Master System II cost $120 CAD (~$92 USD) from Kijiji. The console looks like new but it might not work.
When connected to my CRT it displays nothing and no sound. And there are no LEDs on the SMS II to show if it has power.
Looks like this was originally sold in Germany. Which I think is PAL territory and maybe that's why it won't work on my NTSC TV.

NHL '94 for the Sega CD cost $40 CAD (~$30 USD) with shipping from Kijiji. NHL '94 is the only Hockey game I played on the Genesis so I thought 'why not' have it for the Sega CD.

Battleship Gonora (aka Bio-Ship Paladin ) for the Japanese Mega Drive from a fellow retro gamer for $100 USD.

I spent $300 USD for Super Mario Bros, Zelda Link to the Past, Axelay and NES Ninja Gaiden III. None had their cartridge; just box and manuals.
Picked up a loose Players Choice Link to the Past cart for $40 CAD (~$30 USD) and I traded No Escape CIB (Genesis) for a loose cart for Axelay.
Looking for a loose Link to the Past Players Choice and Ninja Gaiden III to complete them.

Wild Guns from Strictly Limited Games for €56.48 all in.

I forget what Super Empire cost me. I think it was something like $60 CAD (~$46 USD).

If I ever find a CIB Super Ghoul's n Ghosts I'll be very happy with my little SNES collection.

View attachment 58609
You spent $300 on cardboard boxes?

HellioN

20 Year Member
Even with the converter won't the games still play slower because the machine can only do 50hz?

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Ahah! I just spotted a HK Treamcast Stick! ;)

Had one too some moons ago. They dont pop very often too.
They are kinda crappy yeah? 😛
I bought this one over a decade ago.
I was fascinated because it looked like a six button version of the NEO•GEO AES sticks.
I never used it much.
Would yours randomly drop out on occasion for a few seconds?

HellioN

20 Year Member
You spent $300 on cardboard boxes?
If he has the games in great condition with no box/manual it makes sense.
I've personally spent money on manuals to complete a game before.
Never that much mind you but sometimes the boost in overall value makes it worth it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This is good to know. Thanks HMG. It's in really nice shape and I'd like to leave it stock. Maybe I'll stumble onto a small PAL CRT someday.

I think you’d honestly have way better odds just converting yours to NTSC 60Hz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MasterSystem/comments/kcaxua
Even with the converter won't the games still play slower because the machine can only do 50hz?

Both an NTSC and 60Hz conversion is possible to do on an SMS Model 2. Or if one wants both, I’ve even seen switchless region mods for it using the reset button (and I assume a multi-color LED).

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Where about in Canada are you? I've got a PAL CRT, not for sale, but you're welcome to test your master system if you're close enough.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
They are kinda crappy yeah? 😛
I bought this one over a decade ago.
I was fascinated because it looked like a six button version of the NEO•GEO AES sticks.
I never used it much.
Would yours randomly drop out on occasion for a few seconds?
Nope.

Actually, I just didn't like the buttons. Other than that, it was ok. No longer have it tho.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
July 14.jpeg

The boxed Japanese gun shipped from Japan was cheaper than loose US ones, I suspect because of the political pussification of America and its fear of black plastic.

BTW, if you would like to see Star Ocean: Second Evolution available on the US Switch, I've virtually guaranteed it by getting the PSP version. You're welcome.

Finally, God bless the weak Yen that let me get the two Toaplan Arcade Garage releases relatively cheap.