Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Just put in my order for the, presumably downgraded, 256GB model. Load times were never going to be a concern for me, considering the type of games I play, but a bit of a dirty trick for the people who do care about that sort of thing.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
What is everyone playing on steamdeck this week - for me it's Cold Fear and last week I just completed Castle Crashers.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
What is everyone playing on steamdeck this week - for me it's Cold Fear and last week I just completed Castle Crashers.

What are your thoughts on Castle Crashers on the deck? I never got into it back in the xbox360 days.

KOFXIII is always in my weekly rotation on this thing. Aside from that, I completed Shredder’s Revenge, Final Vendetta, and the Cuphead DLC (fantastic and well worth the wait) this past week.

I’m currently on the last section of Aeon Drive and will probably replay Vanquish and Killer is Dead on it soon.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
What are your thoughts on Castle Crashers on the deck? I never got into it back in the xbox360 days.

KOFXIII is always in my weekly rotation on this thing. Aside from that, I completed Shredder’s Revenge, Final Vendetta, and the Cuphead DLC (fantastic and well worth the wait) this past week.

I’m currently on the last section of Aeon Drive and will probably replay Vanquish and Killer is Dead on it soon.
Castle crashers works really well in handheld form, it is a really good game I give it like a 9/10 it's usually on sale dirt cheap. And the cuphead dlc I have only sunk about 10 minutes in so far but that was due to having my brain wired to playing castle crashers.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think my biggest disappointment with castle crashers is that it didn't jump start a new golden age of beat'em ups. the game is great, just no devs dared release anything else like it at the time.

The Scott Pilgrim beat'em up which came YEARS ater was absolutely excellent...except for the fact that at launch, and then for like...two entire years, it didn't have online multiplayer. Yeah, it had couch co-op, as all beat'em ups should, but not having online multi in the era it came out really made the game DOA for me. I beat the game once and that was it.

Is the new turtles game on steam?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I think my biggest disappointment with castle crashers is that it didn't jump start a new golden age of beat'em ups. the game is great, just no devs dared release anything else like it at the time.

The Scott Pilgrim beat'em up which came YEARS ater was absolutely excellent...except for the fact that at launch, and then for like...two entire years, it didn't have online multiplayer. Yeah, it had couch co-op, as all beat'em ups should, but not having online multi in the era it came out really made the game DOA for me. I beat the game once and that was it.

Is the new turtles game on steam?

Yeah releasing Scott Pilgrim back then with no online co-op was definitely odd. I do remember having a great time beating that game with a bunch of friends when it released though.

Shredder’s Revenge is on steam and plays perfect on the deck. :buttrock:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
My invite for my reservation just came in, so I bought the 512gb model.

I'm debating on whether I should keep it and use it, or join the dark side by flipping it and stashing that money away for the Steam Deck 2, whenever that comes out.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
About how long did it take for yours to arrive after you paid for it? Didn't get any kind of shipping info.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
About how long did it take for yours to arrive after you paid for it? Didn't get any kind of shipping info.
I believe mine took 5 days. 2 days of not really any information and 3 days of tracking.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Same for me, but it was over 4th of July weekend. Never really got shipping notification in my email, had to look it up through my Steam account's order history.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yep, as soon as you get the email and pay you should be getting it inside of a week. I have a feeling I'm at the end of Q3.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
My invite for my reservation just came in, so I bought the 512gb model.

I'm debating on whether I should keep it and use it, or join the dark side by flipping it and stashing that money away for the Steam Deck 2, whenever that comes out.
Did your model arrive yet?

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
How is everyone still finding the steamdeck I'm still playing it daily and loving it found a few hidden gems along away. And am finally really getting it organised on what games I should sit down and play next I am currently playing Evil Within

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
How is everyone still finding the steamdeck I'm still playing it daily and loving it found a few hidden gems along away. And am finally really getting it organised on what games I should sit down and play next I am currently playing Evil Within
It’s been my daily go-to for sure. Having a handheld gaming pc that can play 50+ years of arcade, console, and pc gaming history at any time has been tough to put down :lolz: