Ninja action platformer Cyber Shadow

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Bought and downloaded it at work so I can play as soon as I get home.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It looks and sounds awesome but $20 is pretty steep for a DL.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks awesome!

I held off from getting the Messenger because of all the comments about the Metroidvania style levels - I definitely prefer more straight forward level design - so this looks more up my alley.

Will probably get the Messenger at some point as well though...

I am a little fatigued by Metroidvania's as well. You really need to continuously play or you forget about all the spots you need to revisit once you get X or Y powerup. Sometimes I only play a game once a week, and that doesn't go well with sprawling levels with tons of backtracking.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Blew through the whole game yesterday with 100% item completion. Took about 6.5 hours. The game is fantastic. It's challenging, but not frustrating.

If you want all the items, you need to do some backtracking using abilities acquired later in the game. The levels are fairly long, so getting back to some spots can take a bit of time. I never had to look anything up, so the secrets aren't too hard to find. You can probably get by just fine without these extra upgrades to your HP and SP meters if you don't want to bother.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I am a little fatigued by Metroidvania's as well. You really need to continuously play or you forget about all the spots you need to revisit once you get X or Y powerup. Sometimes I only play a game once a week, and that doesn't go well with sprawling levels with tons of backtracking.

I end up always having to start from the beginning if it's been a few months since I last played. I feel dirty picking up a game after a few months. That go's for any of these metroidvania games. With any game there is always muscle memory involved but with metroidvania games you have have to know what you did and what you have to do. I guess that's why I lean more towards action platformers, beat-em ups, and fighting games. My muscle memory might be off for a little but I know all I have to do is keep moving forward.

This game is right up my alley but I need to stop and enjoy what I own and haven't played yet.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I just learned this game supports the various Shovel Knight amiibos.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
What systems is this game on?
I played through on Steam, but I believe it's also on Switch and PS4. Hands down my GOTY for 2021 so far. The game is amazing fun, and the mobility options are insane once you get the air dash ability. There are various achievements for how long you can go without touching the ground. It's a platform game fan's dream.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Cool, I figure the Switch is going the way of other Nintendo handhelds with support for years so maybe I’ll pick up a switch when they reveal the next iteration allegedly later this year.