TMNT: Shredder's Revenge. IMO the first perfect game of 2022

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

its like a green colored nostalgia shot straight to the brain. Makes me feel like a kid in the 90s again because TMNT was life back then

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I don't think it gets KONAMI quality but not even Konami can do it nowadays. Good enough

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm not really seeing enough push back from the foot soldiers and stage bosses.I would have also like to see citizens being rescued as well but it does looks good.
Thanks for that.
BB

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Really my only complaints are the voice acting (holy shit did they just get a few guys from off the street and not even put an EQ or compressor on them?) and the "don't get hit at all ever" challenges.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Fantastic game indeed, though I’m still shocked at how busted taunting is even on a fresh out of the box playthrough. It reminded me of how OP the charge attack was in Sengoku 2 back in the day lol

Minor nitpick:
There’s a ton of combat options and mechanics at play, but no enemy in the game ever requires the player to learn even half of this included depth. I’m sure this is 100% by design as a pick up and play title, but I was let down by the higher difficulty tier when I expected more enemy routine complexity, attack variation, etc.

I still absolutely love this game though.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
According to the tastemakers of today, the original two arcade games (including Turtles in Time) are good but "sloppy" by today's standards. I know my rose-tinted nostalgia goggles are on, but saying Turtles in Time is less than perfect is to shit all over my childhood. They NAILED the look and feel back then!

Good thing we've got the masters at Tribute Games to show those hacks at early 90's Konami how it's done!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
According to the tastemakers of today, the original two arcade games (including Turtles in Time) are good but "sloppy" by today's standards. I know my rose-tinted nostalgia goggles are on, but saying Turtles in Time is less than perfect is to shit all over my childhood. They NAILED the look and feel back then!

Good thing we've got the masters at Tribute Games to show those hacks at early 90's Konami how it's done!
I remember downloading the original Konami game when it came to Xbox Live and being shocked at how difficult it was. But then again, I suck at beat 'em ups.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Got my physical copy in today… What a treat! I’ve been playing for a couple of hours with my four year old son. He loves it. He also love’s recognising all the toys daddy has. The sprite work is great the humor in it as well.
Love my included pizza keychain. It’s easy but fun enough .
86A81C24-67A1-4FDC-9EC7-CCF1037BB595.jpeg
2FFD542E-E9F5-473E-85AE-38F19624F1D9.jpeg
Thumbs up from the boys here.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I played a 6-player local game a month ago. The game takes on a very different character with that many players, after playing in 1-player mode before that. 1-player has some strategy and planning, but 6-player was mostly just all out casual button-mashing. For example, the blocking characters require no special approach with 6 players.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

I love 1989 turtles and turtles in time snes for playing for that 1cc, but turtles in time arcade is horrible Art style and music wise turtles in time rules. RNG damage and throws (technically not rng but might as well) forcing you attack in certain ways to avoid throws are not cowabunga. Don't forget suicide bombs after a certain amount of time (which you can avoid via a+b).

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Vampire Survivors is the 2022 perfect game. But this turtles game is fun.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I love 1989 turtles and turtles in time snes for playing for that 1cc, but turtles in time arcade is horrible Art style and music wise turtles in time rules. RNG damage and throws (technically not rng but might as well) forcing you attack in certain ways to avoid throws are not cowabunga. Don't forget suicide bombs after a certain amount of time (which you can avoid via a+b).
The console ports play a bit sluggish. Obviously, they don't have 4-player. Infinite looping in the arcade never gets old.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I played a 6-player local game a month ago. The game takes on a very different character with that many players, after playing in 1-player mode before that. 1-player has some strategy and planning, but 6-player was mostly just all out casual button-mashing. For example, the blocking characters require no special approach with 6 players.

I'd say multiplayer is the only weakness for this game. The endless taunting to charge power moves was getting old.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I'd say multiplayer is the only weakness for this game. The endless taunting to charge power moves was getting old.
Yes that was a bad design choice but I rarely play online games that aren't fighting games so it wasn't an issue I encountered. Should be patched out though!

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Managed to get a local 5-player going of this last week. We ordered pizza and beer for a nice couch co-op session. I was hoping they patched something with the taunt ability as I was the only one that had really played it. I made sure not to tell anyone about the taunt button, but after the first level one of the guys announced to everyone he remembered there was taunt button from the reviews, and he made sure everyone knew it was R button.......The rest of the game was taunt's and super moves.

What a missed opportunity...

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Managed to get a local 5-player going of this last week. We ordered pizza and beer for a nice couch co-op session. I was hoping they patched something with the taunt ability as I was the only one that had really played it. I made sure not to tell anyone about the taunt button, but after the first level one of the guys announced to everyone he remembered there was taunt button from the reviews, and he made sure everyone knew it was R button.......The rest of the game was taunt's and super moves.

I mean how do you NOT order pizza when playing TMNT

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I enjoy,tmnt shredders revenge for what it was a traditional style arcade beat'em up with flair.Still it can be too easy to abuse the supers,since you get a refill for any characters meter just by taunting.Still the only person i seen on yt that wasn't impressed was eu since he thought the game was overrated.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I enjoy,tmnt shredders revenge for what it was a traditional style arcade beat'em up with flair.Still it can be too easy to abuse the supers,since you get a refill for any characters meter just by taunting.Still the only person i seen on yt that wasn't impressed was eu since he thought the game was overrated.
Yeah that is the only "bad" review I've seen.
I'm really enjoying it so far but I think I let the hype train got my expectations a bit too high.
Just to note I didn't touch the game till my physical copy showed up so the anticipation build was up there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

A boys night out. Damn that sounds fun.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Latest patch (on the switch at least) came out and fixed some bugs.
Biggest change I think was now taunts only fill the super meter to level one.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
So after a page of you all weighing in, it sounds like a phoned in cash grab just like we all knew it was gonna be, but if you restrain yourself and squint your eyes and turn 15 degrees away from the lcd screen, it *almost* feels nostalgic.
Wow im sold, let me get my AARP card out and bring this baby home!

HellioN

20 Year Member
Not at all.
I think most of us are nitpicking Shredder's Revenge.
I'd say the game is quite fun and worth a go.
The cowabunga collection on the other hand is a total nostalgia cash grab IMO.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The cowabunga collection released for free to the community for DC on the other hand looks bad ass.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's definitely not a cash grab. We are indeed nitpicking things that would have made this a 10/10 game.
I think this is a better game than Streets of Rage 4.