Modern "arcade" solutions?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
6GvnhtQl.png

With a little bit of hacking I was able to get CPS1 and CPS2 horizontal games working with a tate monitor. Now if I could just figure out Neo Geo I'd probably never need to rotate this monitor which would be awesome. Sure hori games are a tad small, but I don't mind (except maybe hori shooters).

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I was just looking for a way to do this on Mister yesterday, but didn't specifically try CPS1 or 2. Any tips on how you did it?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I hope to learn just enough fpga/mister dev to add the rotation option to cores.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I successfully altered a horizontal core to display upright on a tate HDMI monitor

GHYP0zhl.png

The aspect ratio is wrong. But for someone who knows zilch about fpga programming, I'll f'ing take it!

I think adding rotation to horizontal cores miiiiight be doable. If you are interested, I will post further progress over on the mister forum: https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=57857

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I wish I could do this for Type2X multi. I have a tate vewlix, I don’t want to rotate

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Why would you do something so controversial yet so brave?
Because like wataru, I have a tate vewlix, I don't want to rotate.

Got Joust and Moon Patrol converted. Getting better at this.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I guess I could just rotate hori mame games, god damn this is why you need two cabs.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I guess I could just rotate hori mame games, god damn this is why you need two cabs.
I'll get another one eventually. But in the mean time this is interesting and challenging. I'm also learning verilog and fpga programming, so I can help make cores better. For example I think, I *think*, the cave core uses the frame buffer even if it doesn't need to. If that is true, removing that would remove one frame of lag from that core.