8/2/22 US Primaries

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
How are things in your area?

Only one other guy came in to vote while I was doing so; things were pretty dead. The old ladies doing the officiating were mostly discussing the free cookies and pizza they were supposed to get with each other (they also get paid money for their time, not just food). 🤣

Michigan's governor, my district's federal representative, some state and county offices, and a couple of local millage refunding choices were on the ballot. Straight partisan voting only, no split ticket, so, very little in the way of actual choice (other than putting roker as a write-in candidate), especially on the Democratic side, but, it is just a primary after all.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
In our area, a Democrat commission spent a ton of money for commercials of a Trump guy named John Gibbs. It's weird to me. Their thought process is that he will be easier for them to beat in the general than incumbent GOP rep Peter Meijer. Apparently they've done the same thing in numerous districts throughout the country. Seems like a gamble for them, but according to an interview I read with Claire McCaskill, it is a strategy that has been successful for the party in the past.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
In our area, a Democrat commission spent a ton of money for commercials of a Trump guy named John Gibbs. It's weird to me. Their thought process is that he will be easier for them to beat in the general than incumbent GOP rep Peter Meijer. Apparently they've done the same thing in numerous districts throughout the country. Seems like a gamble for them, but according to an interview I read with Claire McCaskill, it is a strategy that has been successful for the party in the past.
(Insert montage of tweets about Clinton campaign headquarters popping champagne after Trump's nomination.)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All of the ads (I have seen) that the democrats have run to boost the credentials of GOP primary nutsos are technically attack ads.

Here is the John Gibbs add.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Attack ads treat someone as the presumptive nominee and definitely help for primary voting.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Only one candidate hasn't mentioned a woman's right to choose in their ads.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We need to abolish the party based primary system in every jurisdiction in this country. I don't understand why the tax payers fund the election for what are functionally internal party elections.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Arizona's primaries are their typical clusterfuck with one candidate saying he'll call voter fraud when he loses (not if: he's far behind in all the polls)
:tickled:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Claire McCaskill is a terrible person.
I'm glad that MO did NOT nominate Eric Greitens.
Sad to see the potential loss of Eric Schmitt as our AG but between the two I think the better candidate got the nod.