Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Normally i don't buy masterpiece transformers but for it's price the element-01 optimus prime is cheaper then the mp44.
iC7L2NM.png

This siege three voyager three pack reissue i bought months ago mostly for troop building for the wfc line.
TMelwOQ.png

Reactions: @M

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Normally i don't buy masterpiece transformers but for it's price the element-01 optimus prime is cheaper then the mp44.
iC7L2NM.png

This siege three voyager three pack reissue i bought months ago mostly for troop building for the wfc line.

How big is that KO? Looks really nice, and at $200 its not bad, but if it's teeny... not so much.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
How big is that KO? Looks really nice, and at $200 its not bad, but if it's teeny... not so much.
Hight 23cm/90.5,i bought it from showzstore.com it cost me 79.99 of course they mostly sell third parties and ko.Still i don't care i'm not gonna pay for what takara charges on masterpieces tf it being over priced bs.Element-TE01 doesn't have a trailer but i've heard you can use it with the mp-10 using a adapter.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sectaurs are supposedly making a comeback this year, but, the two figures are only digital renders at this point.

I had Spidrax when I was a kid, and picked up the beetle glove creature at a thrift store for cheap some time ago.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
TFM TM-01 Menasor is nice if you aren't a car legs being backward purist. MENASOR.jpg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I saw that Lego Convoy at Target. I had the same reaction as I did for the Lego Voltron…”Why would I want a more expensive, more fragile, uglier version of a die cast toy I love?”

At least it’s not made by Hasbro/Takara who honestly don’t even deserve to own the Transformers name anymore. The quality is low, the prices high…I actively prefer bootlegs to the real thing now, which is pretty uncommon for me.

@M

20 Year Member
Nice TF haul, Zaneiken!

@SignOfZeta Alternative brick brands had been making unofficial building block Optimus Prime sets, particularly the Michael Bay incarnation, for years (I own several) before LEGO threw their hat in the ring. And, of course, there's already a cheaper (~$47-50) Chinese bootleg of LEGO's version available on AliExpress, as well as lighting kits for it. 😁

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Nice TF haul, Zaneiken!

@SignOfZeta Alternative brick brands had been making unofficial building block Optimus Prime sets, particularly the Michael Bay incarnation, for years (I own several) before LEGO threw their hat in the ring. And, of course, there's already a cheaper (~$47-50) Chinese bootleg of LEGO's version available on AliExpress, as well as lighting kits for it. 😁
Cost isn’t the issue. It’s a blocky robot I can’t pick up without his arms falling off or something. It’s 1000 pieces instead of 40. It’s fucking dumb.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Cost isn’t the issue. It’s a blocky robot I can’t pick up without his arms falling off or something. It’s 1000 pieces instead of 40. It’s fucking dumb.
No one is forcing you to buy it and it existing isn't somehow hurting all the already existing TF toys. That's one less little toy robot for you and more money for records you'll only listen to once.

Lego and Hasbro/Takara are companies and their goal is to make money. These will sell well. End of story.

You're just a pissy little bitch.

@M

20 Year Member
@SignOfZeta: I don't own LEGO's Optimus, but, many fellow LEGO collectors I know do, and I haven't read of any of them being less than impressed with him so far. LEGO model designs are usually pretty sturdy, so, it's unlikely that the arms would come off too easily unless you purposely yanked on them hard. Smaller projecting bits, like the smokestacks and gun's barrel, could probably be dislodged more easily. And, other than a mini figure interpretation, 40 pieces wouldn't be adequate to do an Optimus model justice; even the smaller ones I have are around 300-500 pieces each. I do have a ~100 piece Optimus kit, but, that's a simplified SD chibi one.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
SignofZeta is a faded whale, but I'm with him on this one. I'd want something that looks like the actual character / robot vs something that looks like a Lego version of that thing. Even putting a model kit of that thing together would be better than building a Lego version, because at that point you can at least see the inner workings.

The only Lego kit that I've been even remotely interested in is the Seinfeld set.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I wouldn’t mind getting the LEGO Simpson’s sets, but those things are ridiculously expensive.

The resale prices on Legos are insane.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Note - I deliberately used the word “prices” instead of “value” :D

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
@SignOfZeta: I don't own LEGO's Optimus, but, many fellow LEGO collectors I know do, and I haven't read of any of them being less than impressed with him so far. LEGO model designs are usually pretty sturdy, so, it's unlikely that the arms would come off too easily unless you purposely yanked on them hard. Smaller projecting bits, like the smokestacks and gun's barrel, could probably be dislodged more easily. And, other than a mini figure interpretation, 40 pieces wouldn't be adequate to do an Optimus model justice; even the smaller ones I have are around 300-500 pieces each. I do have a ~100 piece Optimus kit, but, that's a simplified SD chibi one.
My word…

By 40 pieces I meant a Transformer, not a Lego model of a Transformer. I’m saying for this level of sophistication and investment you can have something better.

Similarly, I’m not saying this particular model is fragile, I’m saying it’s Lego. The opinion of the Lego community is not very surprising since they collect tons of expensive fragile ugly versions of things that are 100 times as many parts as they need to be and still look like shit. I’m sure they love the fuck out of it, and the Lego 2600, and the Lego Voltron, and the Lego Friends living room set.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Haha I just picked up Motormaster this evening. I didn't realize I had also gotten Dragstrip last week. Evidently the others haven't been released yet.
Deadend is coming to the u.s but not until next year i need to get around to buying the stunticons still and i better before there gone.

@M

20 Year Member
1661126513577.jpg
And afterward Slithe and Monkian went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord Mumm-Ra of Third Earth, Let my Vultureman go, that he may build us a bunch of gizmos and shit to help us get into Cheetara's panties.