No Shampoo

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is made from testosterone by an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase. It can also be made from DHEA, a hormone more common in women. DHT is found in skin, hair follicles, and the prostate. The actions of DHT and the sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT is what causes hair loss.Jan 10, 2019

I dunno sounds like a link to me.
DHT is not the same thing as testosterone.
"Fake news!" - wyo, probably
🤓

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There is no link between testosterone levels and baldness.
Whilst I know what you're getting at here, this isn't strictly true.

Male pattern baldness is driven primarily by your hair follicles resilience to DHT, a testosterone derivative produced naturally in the body. If you have more testosterone, you will create more DHT. If you have a very rare set of genes that gives you 100% DHT resilience then this won't be an issue (more than 90% of men have hair loss by their 80s, it's almost unheard of to not have some kind of thinning), however average joe is going to lose his hair faster with high testosterone than with low. Look at bodybuilders piling testosterone in by the arm full - nearly all bald. Meanwhile there is no hair loss in eunuchs.

Your DHT resilience is the most important factor for how bald you're going to go, but even if you have low DHT resilience you won't lose your hair if you have no testosterone as there will be no DHT. Likewise someone who might have gone a bit thin on top by their 60s could be bald as a cueball in their 30s if they do steroids for a decade.

Hair loss pills work by dramatically lowering DHT in your system, which for most men has little or no side effects. You could achieve the same effect by dramatically lowering testosterone, but this has horrible side effects.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
There seems to be a fashionable thing to call anything that people do a lot, a lie. Here's why you shouldn't shampoo. Here's why drinking water is actually bad for you. Spices are a lie and are just a revenue stream for big business. Fuckin nauseatin.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There seems to be a fashionable thing to call anything that people do a lot, a lie. Here's why you shouldn't shampoo. Here's why drinking water is actually bad for you. Spices are a lie and are just a revenue stream for big business. Fuckin nauseatin.
Undermining common sense is the new way of deflecting from not having any common sense

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who woulda thought that in 2022 the easiest way to troll on NG.com is to say that you don't shampoo your hair all that often?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"You've been doing everything wrong!" gets a lot more clicks than the status quo.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Whilst I know what you're getting at here, this isn't strictly true.
I don't know what he's getting at.
If I cared enough I suppose I could ask you to explain it.

#1 If somebody had low/zero testosterone would they go bald?
Nope and that's a link. DHT needs it to make you go bald.
-Don't come back and try to explain it away, nobody cares and it makes you look silly

#2 I started with some sort of caveat like they used to say.
Quick google search shows DHT was discovered in 1935, studied in the 70's and only furthered looked at in the last 10-20 years in regards to balding..
-I have no idea why I'm continuing to play stupid games, nobody to blame but myself.
Guess one day I hope to get my prize.

Now go give StevenK a thank-you PM for being kind and patient with you.
Thanks for making me research this matter more though {(not really)}

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I pray the Fish meant enjoying a shower beer on a hot summer day instead of, uhhhh, pouring it on himself.

Of course that's what he meant.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There is all kinds of wacky hair cleaning stuff. I’ve even read about using raw eggs.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Last weekend I was in a couple of hotels, one in Stirling, another in Pitlochry. Both hotels were completely independent of each other, but had the same ‘sea kelp’ shampoo in little bottles for use.

Sea kelp.

3E5916A7-9232-464E-8E51-3851AE3DAB40.jpeg

Who wants this stuff in their hair?

1ABE0AF6-8E9C-492B-9832-B1D40DBE8FF9.jpeg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Shampoos in general are full of all kinds of marketing voodoo, I did a scientific experiment once and used the then gf's expensive hair salon shampoo for a week, I didn't notice any difference compare to the supermarket body & hair one I normally use.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Shampoos in general are full of all kinds of marketing voodoo, I did a scientific experiment once and used the then gf's expensive, hair salon shampoo for a week, I didn't notice any difference compare to the supermarket body & hair one I normally use.
Yeah most personal hygiene products are no different than the cosmetics industry. They have to make new bullshit up constantly, you see a new mascara, lipstick, skin cream every week that claims it has some new revolutionary natural chemical in it that magically does _______ ten times better than the one from the previous week. It's big business.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Both hotels were completely independent of each other, but had the same ‘sea kelp’ shampoo in little bottles for use

There are only a handful of companies that bottle the little ones for the hotel industry.
Even the big manufacturers can't economically scale down thier bottling lines so they contract out any small bottled stuff.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So anyways, my pops was an autotech for 45 years. He washed his hair with Dawn dish detergent.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Last weekend I was in a couple of hotels, one in Stirling, another in Pitlochry. Both hotels were completely independent of each other, but had the same ‘sea kelp’ shampoo in little bottles for use.

Sea kelp.

View attachment 59319

Who wants this stuff in their hair?

View attachment 59320
It's probably okay if you grind it up. One man's trash is another man's smoothie.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
We’re in a time where “_______, here’s why” is an actual news headline format. This tells a lot about the average person’s critical reasoning skills.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It's probably okay if you grind it up. One man's trash is another man's smoothie.

Yeah it’s just I’m surprised something that looks so disgusting has been spun into being a super ingredient for Shampoo.

Power of marketing in action.