*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
hmmm, did rou2022 just pull a tonk? announce a big impending revelation then backs out? @SuperGun looks like all your groveling just got you played, son.

Hello.

短い 間 でし た が 、 私 は この この 場 撤退 し ます
お 騒がせ も まし まし た 、 いろいろ ありがとうございまし た

さ さ さ よう なら なら

translation:
It was only for a short time, but I will withdraw at this point.

Sorry for the trouble, thank you very much

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Billy shits aka @SuperGun:
I am not just a game player and collector. I am also a game historian and preservationist

No you’re an elitist cock sucker and a hoarder.

And I've been helping prototype owners protect their rom data for over 2 decades. Being in this position is both good and bad. On the one hand, I get to see and play many rare games that most people do not. But at the same time, the arrangement is such that I am only allowed to do so under the strictest of limitations. And my agreements with these individuals cannot be broken. When it comes down to it, trust is everything, and my loyalty must always be to them.

Do the right thing and release everything and stop being a douche. It’s the only way to redeem yourself.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You know I never spent much time thinking about it, but Billy Pitt really is the bitch boy of actual prototype owners. Props himself up as a proto expert hoping someone will request his services: to dump their games in exchange for letting him post a few screenshots on his website... He keeps a copy to himself and doesn't share not because he's some elitist prick, but because he's too afraid that no other protos will ever come by him if he shares a bit too much of the games. He doesn't really own them.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
You know I never spent much time thinking about it, but Billy Pitt really is the bitch boy of actual prototype owners. Props himself up as a proto expert hoping someone will request his services: to dump their games in exchange for letting him post a few screenshots on his website... He keeps a copy to himself and doesn't share not because he's some elitist prick, but because he's too afraid that no other protos will ever come by him if he shares a bit too much of the games. He doesn't really own them.
Well if he truly was given those games on the condition that he not share them, then I have no problem with it. Going against the wishes of the actual prototype owner would be a dick move. Then again I don't know how he came across any of his protos so I really can't say anything.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Well if he truly was given those games on the condition that he not share them, then I have no problem with it. Going against the wishes of the actual prototype owner would be a dick move. Then again I don't know how he came across any of his protos so I really can't say anything.
think about how many dicks he's sucked to get that proto. hawt.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Well if he truly was given those games on the condition that he not share them, then I have no problem with it. Going against the wishes of the actual prototype owner would be a dick move.

This whole weird subculture of protos is mind-boggling. So do these guys want to release this stuff when they die or is it one of those things where they’ve decided they are never going to release it ever … but just in case you lose your games in the tsunami you have the ROM backups to re-create the carts?

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Proto-ego-turds aside.

Last Odyssey "looks" good... nice graphics and audio. I like the catchy game play music. BUT! The actual pinball game looks like crap. The table itself looks unfinished...and how about the game's "physics"? Dear lord! Maybe, that's the reason this game was never been released. Must be a pain in the ass to write a decent pseudo 3D pinball game in 68000 asm... is that even possible?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
This is gonna end up being like the davinci code. We need more information than that!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
annd all I see is discussion about neogeo really, and a paywalled FTP server with different 'tiers' of service

joy.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I see very little discussion about neogeo protos on there either

NewDump

n00b