Have you ever had long hair

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've just read gutsdozer's post about his long viking hair. I've never had long hair, never dared, maybe I would have liked it.

I feel it's too late for me now, but maybe I could be inspired by your tales/pictures of luscious locks and ponytails, today or of old.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I have long hair. In 1989, I decided that spending money for a haircut is dumb so I stopped doing it.

I like my hair, it's still growing and my headbanging is still pretty convincing. :buttrock:
Nice.

How long is long?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I had long blond hair as a child in the 70s and early 80s. Always kept it short since then. I don't think it would suit me. I'm just glad I still have my hair. My youngest brother went slaphead bald in his 20s like our dad. My other brother grew his hair out during the pandemic and it's now halfway down his back. Kind of jealous tbh

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I had long beautiful silky smooth hair back in high school and college. I looked like the kid from Terminator 2. My parting went down below my mouth.

Now my head is as hairless as a newborn baby’s ass.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I had hair down to my shoulders as a teen. My hair is also naturally curly though and gets more and more difficult to tame the longer it grows which gets old fast. Women usually give me shit when I buzz it all off, especially the old ladies at the nursing home (one was particularly fond of telling me that I'm never going to get a girlfriend if I keep shaving my head 🤣), but, I can't tolerate it getting very long anymore.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I had a big jew fro when I was 14/15 (that's fourteen or fifteen, not fourteen fifteenths you fucking morons). At 30 I now have it short as possible like a heroin addict out of trainspotting, the hit motion picture from 199X.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got close to having a Kurt Russel hairstyle, but not quite that long.
I prefer short.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
From about 19-22.

I probably wouldn't have had it quite as long as I did except a) my parents hated it and b) I had an ex who was really in to it and she would braid my hair in weird ways for her amusement. I went in to work with Pippi Longstocking tight pigtails on many occasions (in hindsight, of course, I looked like a tool but I got a lot of positive female attention being the 6'3" guy wearing business attire and having that haircut). But yeah, french braids, pigtails, manbun, you name it... I probably sat in bars and college classes with every dumb hairstyle you can imagine.

Eventually I got bored with it and that relationship had ended so I just cut it. Never been past my neck since. Plus washing it was a pain in the ass.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Never had really long hair however after both my mom and oldest sister passed away (the ONLY people in the world I trusted to cut my hair) it started to get longer than normal. These days I go to the bathroom, look in the mirror, grab the cutters and whack half of it off (damn the uneven factor!). Can't keep it long due to my line of work (technical manager in a restaurant).

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
haircut.jpg
That was from about 10 years ago (really, time waits for no-one).
It is long again but getting pretty thin, I should probably just get it cut short.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I get about 2.5 haircuts a year. It starts out short, goes to peak Shigero Miyamoto…then eventually full Captain Caveman and I go back to the barber.

I shave only about twice as often so it’s quite common for me to not be recognized.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I used to have long hair back about 20 or so years ago. One day I went to one of those get your hair cut off to donate it events. I've since lost a lot of hair and usually just shave my head.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
But it got quite a bit thinner up north. One day when its gone up there I'm gonna cut it off, don't wanna look like a monk with a ponytail.
You made it much further the me my friend. Mine started to thin in my late 20s which is when I discontinued going to the barber and bought myself a pair of clippers. Ever since it’s been a weekly clip with a 1/8” blade guard. On the plus side it’s low maintenance and my hair always looks pretty much the same.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In my teens I got it down to my chin but even at that point I found it annoying. Number 1 back and sides, keepin' it simple.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Currently Do.