Watches

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I can't tell you how many times I've been to lunch with someone, and had to stop and ask if they needed to go somewhere. Because they just kept looking at their damn smart watch. Turns out they are just reading notifications that keep coming in on their smart watch. It's an appalling habit because they do it in the middle of dinner or a conversation as well. My mind instinctively thinks because they keep checking their watch, they need to be somewhere....
I turned most of that stuff off immediately when I got my Apple Watch. I don't need work bothering me even more than they already do, I don't need a timer to wash my hands, and I don't need to remember to breathe for a minute every hour. The one thing notification thing I do like is that I can use it for 2-factor when I log into work portals.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hadn't seen that Casio. I was a big fan of the Citizen Digi Ana's. Almost snagged one of their re-releases, but was trying to downsize at the time.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I can feel you on the downsizing.
Instead of selling I decided that from now on I'm only going to be serious about solar powered or mechanical.
A few of this watches in my picture are quartz with dead batteries and I'm too lazy to change them so...

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Here's my Luch one hand Racing.
20210512_091921.jpg

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Finally replaced my automatic winder. Didn't realize I was out of room.

Top Row
  • Seagull Clone - Power Reserve meter. Decent heartbeat window. looks nice, but chunky.
  • Stauer - I think my dad bought this 20 yrs ago. Wasn't my style at first, but it's growing on me. Much nicer than I thought too.
  • Milgauss - doesn't get the recognition it deserves
  • SeaMaster - bought this when I was feeling stalled at work.
  • Timex - 1979 Marlin automatic. My birthyear. Cleaned and repaired. It has original stretchy band. Love it.
  • Caravelle - 1979 -666ft "Devil" Diver. This is a cheaper option than the Accutron Devil Diver but also made by Bulova. "Made in West Germany"
Bottom Row
  • Citizen Promaster JU0010 - I call this my BladeRunner watch. the black patch fades to reveal the digital info at the press of a button. with Indiglo.
  • Brooklyn Watch - Ordered from David Sokosh directly. He handmakes them from antique Swiss pocketwatches. Great craftsman, but never registered the name, so now there are 1000's of Chinese "Brooklyn Watch" brands that bury his work.
  • Raketa - 80's Day/Date. I have a pair. One is CCCP the other is USSR. The one pictured is USSR, meaning made for English export.
  • Vostok - CCCP era. Submarine. These were not military issue as many think. They were sold on military bases, but as commerce item.
  • Seiko - Quartz Chrono. Was a gift when i gradated High School. It has very cute chimes for the Alarm.
  • Boctok - Date, CCCP era. This has a custom engraving on the back celebrating the end of WWII. Doesnt Run well.
  • Seiko - 1984 Talking Watch. Speaking in English or Spanish. I love it because it looks like Star Trek TOS.
Not Pictured:
  • Casio's and other fashion watches.
  • Fossil Hybrid HR - stays on electric stand.
  • Citizen Eco Drive - Stays on windowsill. Solar charging
Want List
  • A well serviced Accutron. Non space model, but something mid century modern. The hum of the tuning forks is fun.
  • Grand Seiko
  • Sony WENA 3 watchband.
thumbnail_IMG_4289.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
E545A11F-32A0-4CC3-940D-152E2B6EA372.jpeg

Hamilton Jazzmaster

I didn’t think I’d buy an open-heart watch, but here I am with this beauty.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I like dive watches

Attachments

• PXL_20220916_154036949.jpg
    PXL_20220916_154036949.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Rolex price has come back down … even the black sub was around 17k usd on the second hand market but not it settle back down to the 11-12k range … crypto currency is the devil

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Rolex price has come back down … even the black sub was around 17k usd on the second hand market but not it settle back down to the 11-12k range … crypto currency is the devil

Did a bunch of crypto, “thousand-aires” cause the shortage?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Did a bunch of crypto, “thousand-aires” cause the shortage?
Nope but it did create some easy money for folks , what better then buying a higher end watch .

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
i did trade most of my Rollies during covid. People were speculating like crazy, which is exactly when you sell.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
F0B6D570-38B8-43C2-AB01-24F5B69B7BE7.jpeg
Longines Spirit Zulu Time (not mine)

Saw this posted elsewhere and I have to say I like how clean it looks with the Arabic numerals for a dive watch. I feel most brands just use numberless indicators.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I love it. Makes me feel nostalgic for when Longines did the timing for F10B51459E-8908-4A01-AC1C-5E64B5D8CA90.jpeg

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Took out the old Devil Diver this weekend. Still keeps great time, but I know to be very careful with the crowns in these old watches.
West Germany is best Germany.

thumbnail_IMG_4353.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Very pruney, did you just come from a bathhouse or perhaps water aerobics?