Metro 2033 (the one that's going to get lost in the shuffle)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So much stuff coming out lately, FF XIII, God of War 3, and RE 5 Gold, of course, hell, even the second tier stuff like Resonance of Fate (3-16), Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (3-16) and Just Cause 2 (3-23) is going to be hard to keep up with...

Then there's this, which is going to have to move up a level to be under the radar but looks like it could be awesome.

Reserve it at Gamestop for $10 off, if you're into that.

I think I'm going to do so and just admit that these next two weeks are wallet murder.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Been waiting and watching this one. Will burn for sure.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Daaaaamn, thanks for tuning me in about this title.

Shooting future Nazis with an AK47?

I'm there.

Reactions: jro

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Daaaaamn, thanks for tuning me in about this title.

Shooting future Nazis with an AK47?

I'm there.

That was exactly my reaction! "what the hell is this, I've never heard of it, oh, wait, looks sweet, how in the heck did this come out of nowhere on me!?"

Yep, looks like a mix of Half-Life 2 and STALKER, roughly, maybe even a little Bioshock. Not the type of thing you see on consoles every day.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Metro 2033 looks like nothing more than an average FPS to me.

Pass.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Looks cool. I didn't think this was coming out for a long time though.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
I haven't been keeping up with Dragon Age, anyone want to fill me on this new thing? Is it a disc-only expansion, or is it also DLC like the Fallout 3 and Oblivion add-on discs?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think they really shot themselves in the foot with the title. Metro 2033? Really?

Reactions: jro

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I think they really shot themselves in the foot with the title. Metro 2033? Really?
its based on a novel of the same name. plus i actually like it. a lot is conveyed to me with a title like that. although jro is right, this is something i'll never get to play.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It just seems so ambiguous and doesn't grab my attention at all.

Like District B-13. Awesome movie, but based on the title alone I would've never gave it a chance had Merc not praised it.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
It just seems so ambiguous and doesn't grab my attention at all.

Like District B-13. Awesome movie, but based on the title alone I would've never gave it a chance had Merc not praised it.

I loved that movie! Did you watch it with the hilariously bad English dub?

Also, I like titles like that. It's better than having "Rise of the ______" in the title.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Started into this, cursory "will play a bit and then get back to FF XIII" version.

Actually impressed me quite a bit, atmosphere is really, really strong, shooting portions aren't nearly bad like Gamesradar's review, really liking it so far.

VERY immersive.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I was hoping this was going to be the adventures of a middle aged Mushiki.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
Bought it for PC, just waiting on Newegg to get it to me. Not sure how much I'll get to play it. Seems like a dozen games I'd pre-ordered arrived in March.

Actually, hell, let me list...
Metro 2033 PC
Napoleon Total War PC
Supreme Commander 2 PC
Command and Conquer 4 PC
Warhammer Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising PC
Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC and 360
Perfect Dark XBLA
Mega Man 10 PSN
Toy Soldiers XBLA
Scrap Metal XBLA (not worth buying, sorry I did)
Final Fantasy 13 PS3
God of War 3 PS3
Yakuza 3 PS3
Just Cause 2 PC
Sonic and Sega All Star Racing PC

Last month had a lot of great games too, with Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, White Knight Chronicles, etc.

Is February and March the new holiday season?

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
Seems like you really have to go for the pc version cause I think the graphics might be the games biggest selling point. Friend of mine was going crazy for it , cause hes the biggest graphics whore.

evil son

Bead Banger
Just got this game hopin for the best. games atmosphere looks amaizing.they said its a cross between half life and bioshock

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Anyone who plays this is in for a treat. If you're a stalker fan you should get it without question. If you dig half life and the like you'll probably dig it.

Best atmosphere I've seen in a long time...

I'm about 6 hours in and I'm loving it. There are a few technical problems here and there but over all this is definitely a game of the year candidate in my book.

Right now I'm playing with Russian Language, English subtitles, no cross hair and hardcore difficulty....it's tough but it feels so perfect.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I just got this on Steam (the saga bundle) it's supposed to have all the games, DLC and updates.
I started at the beginning of 2033.
So far I'm really liking the story and setting.
I can't wait to get to the last game that's supposed to be more open world.

I put the game on easy/easy setting and I doubt I'll like it enough to play through again to try and improve skills or get more favorable results.
I just want to play it. In the past I haven't been a fan of any of these type games, FPS, stealth, survival horror but this rolls them all together in a playable package so far.

The games have releases on just about every system ever made as well.
Pretty sure it's on a bunch of the services for free or if not getting a single episode of the games are hella cheap (under $10) for the first two games.
No excuse not to check them out.