Street Fighter VI

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I was going through which subscriptions I have set up. I still have Xbox Live, which I only use to play Third Strike Online. I haven't even played it in 6 months. I'll have to see if anyone is even playing anymore. :(
They are all playing 2i on FightCade.

:^(

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
For those of you who care, the director posted on social media that SF6 takes place after SF3. Hence Chun looking older and Ryu rocking Gouken's sash thingy.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm glad they finally got over that SF3 timeline hump.

Anyone else thinks it's odd that they're leaning so hard into Metro City and there wasn't a single Final Fight character on the leaked roster?

Its inevitable that there will be, but that's like having KOF take place in Southtown with no Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting characters on the initial roster.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
you know its pointless to buy this at launch because they will release a CE/super/whatver the fuck 6-8 months down the line.

100proof

10 Year Member
Doesn't really apply any more since those upgrades these days are just the game plus DLC and not a separate game.

I mean yeah, if you don't particularly care about playing the game, totally wait until they're done releasing characters and costumes and whatever and get everything for cheap.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Doesn't really apply any more since those upgrades these days are just the game plus DLC and not a separate game.

I mean yeah, if you don't particularly care about playing the game, totally wait until they're done releasing characters and costumes and whatever and get everything for cheap.
it's still going to cost money. Arcade Editon and CE for 5 weren't free either.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
For those of you who care, the director posted on social media that SF6 takes place after SF3. Hence Chun looking older and Ryu rocking Gouken's sash thingy.
QfzIZ35.gif

Spoiler:
I just wanted an excuse to use this gif

100proof

10 Year Member
it's still going to cost money. Arcade Editon and CE for 5 weren't free either.

They weren't but my point is that you don't have to buy them anymore. You can play the game, buy the season pass DLC to get the characters (and in SF5, you didn't even have to do that) and all of the other upgrades come free. It's a semantic difference, sure, but the only upside to our bullshit digital future is that you don't have to buy multiple copies of the same game anymore if you don't want to.

100proof

10 Year Member
Guile has a beard and a denim onesie. Guess that roster leak was on point.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'm going to be the person who buys the game, goes online, and only does this over and over...

100proof

10 Year Member
Next update dump arrived:

- Completely customizeable avatar for single-player mode that will have RPG-ish elements. Lots of footage of avatars using different characters moves both in world traversal and in one-on-one and one-on-several fights.

- Blanka, Honda, Dhalsim, Ken all shown (all directly from the leak) with some new moves/tweaks

- "Extreme" battle mode which is a lot like World Heroes Deathmatches (bombs bouncing back and forth/bulls running through stages/etc.)

- Looks like people can play classic games online together in the lobbies (Final Fight arcade was shown)... that's the kind of DLC I can get behind.

- Classic car mini-game shown with character beating up a big rig

- Closed beta next month with 8 characters (Ryu/Chun/Ken/Guile/Juri/Kimberly/Jamie/Luke)

Shown elsewhere:

- Additional Japanese commentators (including legendary sumo commentator/musician/weirdo H.E. Demon Kakka)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m sold. They had me at the Karate Champ Bull running through a stage.

And the Battle Hub candy land.

And the ScrapHeap. And D chin-checking a heffalump with a finger tip. Pre release, this looks so much more fleshed-out than V upon release.

Capcom really seems to be trying with this one…so I’ll give it a try.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I fully expect the single player mode to be a total mess at release. This is far more ambitious then anything they've ever done, it'll take some time to get it right. They're definitely trying but it still seems really gimmicky. I think eventually with some tweaking it could be pretty great though.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I still cant play through the Shadows Fall "Story" mode in SFV because its one round each. Unless thats changeable, but I havent looked. I liked how Mortal Kombat did it, but you still had two rounds each as well as 2 or 3 fights as the character in that part of the story.

100proof

10 Year Member
Yeah, they clearly learned from the SF5 mistakes as far as launch content for non-competitive grinders. We'll see how the single-player thing turns out but at least it's trying something unique and not just the usual arcade ladder/time attack/survival mode bullshit that every game has.

18 character launch lineup announced: The original 8 WWs/Dee Jay/Cammy/Luke/Jamie/Juri/Kimberly/Manon/Lily/Marisa/JP

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm trying so hard to be excited. V just left such a bad taste in my mouth. I was hoping they would go in a different direction visually but it literally looks the same as V. I would have been way more hyped if they went back to mega impressive 2-D.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I just want to know who the boss is and the main story tbh

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm trying so hard to be excited. V just left such a bad taste in my mouth. I was hoping they would go in a different direction visually but it literally looks the same as V. I would have been way more hyped if they went back to mega impressive 2-D.

Yeah, I wish they tried something new. I mean this style has essentially been in place since SF4.

Having said that, if I had a current gen system I'd probably be pretty excited for this. :D

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm still not sure how people are so into videogames yet give up at a certain point
Some of the most important games have come out in the last 20yrs and you'll never know because omg modern

pathetic

100proof

10 Year Member
Some people just don't have time because of other responsibilities. Some people just stop because they think that's what adults are supposed to do (but still waste hours a day watching television or doom-scrolling on their phones).

"Mega impressive 2D" is a colossal waste of time and money. People seriously need to stop with that shit. Stuff like the Guilty Gear/Dragonball Fighterz look is as close as you're going to get in a big-budget game.

Also, SF6 looks significantly different from 5, design wise.

1663621548957.png

1663621615158.png

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I hated 4, 5 looked 'alright' but I wasn't really interested. This looks okay but I'm more interested in story and boss after 3s