MV2F Graphic Issue

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I have a MV2F board that has some graphic issues.

It sat in a cab for several months. I powered it on today and started to see these lines on some of the graphics.
  • I have cleaned contacts on games
  • I have cleaned contacts on board
  • I tried several games
  • Same thing happens on both game slots
Cleaning the contacts or game would generally fix this issue. I noticed that all the games I tested had the same issue,

I did not see the issue on the test menu.

Any one had this issue? Maybe one of the chips is bad?

Pictures:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks like a zmc2 issue,perhaps a broken trace/track.
The original battery has been removed previously I hope.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If not the zmc2 it could be a broken track/trace between a 257 and the cartridge slot. Do you get the same results from both cartridge slots?
BB

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Yes. Same exact behavior on both slots. I am a little surprised as to what happened as the board was not moved at all. It sat inside the cab for several months and was working fine the last time I powered the cab. I turned it on yesterday and that's when it started.

I am leaning more towards a bad chip.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yes. Same exact behavior on both slots. I am a little surprised as to what happened as the board was not moved at all. It sat inside the cab for several months and was working fine the last time I powered the cab. I turned it on yesterday and that's when it started.

I am leaning more towards a bad chip.
No.it appears to be a bad track coming from the zmc2.
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, those holes look very suspect. You should test the traces off the ZMC2 for continuity with a multimeter and patch any broken traces.