The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My son's friend had an Allstars tournament for baseball and his whole team got covid. Now they have to pay for and host a week long tournament, but won't be able to play in it.
Such a contrast with the UK now, where having covid is no longer a permitted reason to be off school, unless the child is genuinely too unwell to go in.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
According to NBC news this morning, Monkey Pox proliferation is growing worse and largely amongst homosexual men (go easy on them eggplant emojis, amigos).

1658678292169.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So Biden has Covid?

What are the doctors saying these days - the old timer is vaccinated and boosted. Sounds like we're going to have to accept annual flu/covid shots and if you are positive with covid you'll just have to stay home from work/school for a week due to the contagious nature of it?

StevenK

10 Year Member
So Biden has Covid?

What are the doctors saying these days - the old timer is vaccinated and boosted. Sounds like we're going to have to accept annual flu/covid shots and if you are positive with covid you'll just have to stay home from work/school for a week due to the contagious nature of it?
Not the case here. Just get on with it, positive or not. There isn't even a testing program here anymore.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Whatever they're saying, no one cares.

Joe Biden got tiredness and a dry cough. It was a close call for a probably quintuple-vaxxed 79 year old. Barely pulled through.

Meanwhile, 35 year old Novak Djokovic can't play tennis (singles, not even doubles) because he doesn't want to get the vaccine.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m curious to see how schools and employers will handle people coming down with Covid after summer. It’s clear this is here to stay.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Whatever they're saying, no one cares.

Joe Biden got tiredness and a dry cough. It was a close call for a probably quintuple-vaxxed 79 year old. Barely pulled through.
Just goes to show the prescience of not getting getting infected within the first year of the pandemic.

early adopters got burned.

@M

20 Year Member
Got my second Covid booster (and my flu shot), at the hospital, during my annual physical this morning (my doctor didn't even ask to look at my genitals, I feel cheated! 🤣). My hospital didn't have Moderna, just Pfizer (all my other ones have been Moderna), but, I was fine with that because, a doctor that was on the Today show, a couple of weeks or so ago, recommended that you switch vaccine brands up this time, as that would provide better protection. The standard medical advice has been to stick with the same vaccine brand until now, but, he felt otherwise, and M always listens to doctors on TV he's never seen or met before. 👍

@M

20 Year Member
Anybody get this on their Android phone alerts today? Just popped up on mine. Seemed sketchy to me, since it's a Colorado organization and I'm in Michigan, so, I didn't install the app. I would think something like this would just promote more Covid paranoia/hysteria than anything, and most people don't give a shit about Covid precautions anymore anyway (including myself, only like 2 or 3 of my coworkers wear masks at my job, and very few of the public).

Screenshot_20220924-233258.png

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I just got it a few weeks ago it was only bad for a few days. The residuals lasted well over a week. I just felt plugged up but I could breath. It was nothing like the first time a few years ago. Ofcourse I didn’t take care of myself the first time as I didnt even know it was covid. The tv was just announcing it was in the US. No tests ect and I remember it was horrible, had breathing issues, got pneumonia bad. All I have is natural immunity never got the jab. I was super surprised on how it went this round. Let’s hope it just gets weaker and weaker with time.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Just get on with it, positive or not. There isn't even a testing program here anymore.
That's just the kind of lateral thinking I'm a fan of. The UK is first in the world to reduce positives to zero. Their Great Alexander reborn's gordian knot method of achieving this? No more tests. Brilliant in its simplicity.

StevenK

10 Year Member
That's just the kind of lateral thinking I'm a fan of. The UK is first in the world to reduce positives to zero. Their Great Alexander reborn's gordian knot method of achieving this? No more tests. Brilliant in its simplicity.
We're working on cancer next

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I'm a teacher. Kids at our school are getting covid. Kids have given it to other kids. I am 1 of 3 teachers that wear a mask in class. A month and a half into school and not 1 teacher has gotten covid. Feeling like I'm killing myself with these masks for nothing. Still haven't had covid, had 3 jabs, and pretty much all of the teachers have had covid 1-3 times from small gatherings. Not sure if i want the 4th jab. I'm just tired of masks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm a teacher.
Me too.

At my school, everyone has to take a covid test three times a week. Every morning when faculty go to school, we have to scan a QR code that shows when was the last time we had a covid test and if we have left Beijing.

In class everyone has to wear a face mask. Sometimes, there are watchers in the hallway who will open the door and tell a student to put on a mask if they have it lowered.

There was a three day holiday two weeks ago. Anyone who left Beijing could not come to school for a week.

There is a weeklong holiday on October 1st. No word on whether travel is allowed.

Not only do I welcome covid, I welcome the sweet release.

Keep in mind there have been like zero cases since June.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
My Friday flu & Covid shots went okay. Felt somewhat icky Saturday morning, fine later in the day, and feeling normal today too. Kind of odd that the Covid jab right arm was sore/stiff afterwards, but not my left flu jab arm.

I didn't get tested, but, I think I might have had Covid a couple of months ago after I started my new job (felt bad, headache, runny nose, sore throat, and lost my sense of taste for a couple of days, but, no breathing difficulties). At the time, I had decided that I wasn't going to wear masks anymore, and the unmasked guy that trained me was coughing the entire day, and I became ill myself a few days later, so, back to the masks for me, and I haven't caught anything since.

Friday, while we were discussing Covid, my doctor told me that he caught Covid in July and it knocked him on his ass for a week.

StevenK

10 Year Member
My Friday flu & Covid shots went okay. Felt somewhat icky Saturday morning, fine later in the day, and feeling normal today too. Kind of odd that the Covid jab right arm was sore/stiff afterwards, but not my left flu jab arm.

I didn't get tested, but, I think I might have had Covid a couple of months ago after I started my new job (felt bad, headache, runny nose, sore throat, and lost my sense of taste for a couple of days, but, no breathing difficulties). At the time, I had decided that I wasn't going to wear masks anymore, and the unmasked guy that trained me was coughing the entire day, and I became ill myself a few days later, so, back to the masks for me, and I haven't caught anything since.

Friday, while we were discussing Covid, my doctor told me that he caught Covid in July and it knocked him on his ass for a week.
My understanding was the point of the masks was to lower your chance of transmitting viruses, rather than stop you catching them

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My understanding was the point of the masks was to lower your chance of transmitting viruses, rather than stop you catching them
Pretty much but the only masks that actually do both are the ones that fit like a facehugger and are suffocating to wear but literally no one is wearing those except hospital staff.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Me too.

At my school, everyone has to take a covid test three times a week. Every morning when faculty go to school, we have to scan a QR code that shows when was the last time we had a covid test and if we have left Beijing.

In class everyone has to wear a face mask. Sometimes, there are watchers in the hallway who will open the door and tell a student to put on a mask if they have it lowered.

There was a three day holiday two weeks ago. Anyone who left Beijing could not come to school for a week.

There is a weeklong holiday on October 1st. No word on whether travel is allowed.

Not only do I welcome covid, I welcome the sweet release.

Keep in mind there have been like zero cases since June.

Here masks are optional. They actually just loosened guidelines around here on Friday. Around 25% of my students wear masks. There are usually multiple kids in each class out with covid. No teachers though. We don't have testing anymore, although each student was sent home with a pack of 4 tests on Friday.

I wear a KN95 and I have to go out in the sun and dry it off on my breaks. If i don't, moisture builds up and my chest hurts by the end of the day. I hate them, but imo, the tight fitting cotton masks with a bunch of filters are worse.

@M

20 Year Member
I've got a N95, but, only wore it a few times. Not terribly comfortable compared to the surgical masks I normally use.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We've got a stockpile of KN95 masks, so I'm used to them.

I'm a teacher. Kids at our school are getting covid. Kids have given it to other kids. I am 1 of 3 teachers that wear a mask in class. A month and a half into school and not 1 teacher has gotten covid. Feeling like I'm killing myself with these masks for nothing. Still haven't had covid, had 3 jabs, and pretty much all of the teachers have had covid 1-3 times from small gatherings. Not sure if i want the 4th jab. I'm just tired of masks.
The 4th jab will be the new version. Can't hurt.