God and YouTube have the same business model

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Besides using an adblock on a proper browser like Firefox or any of the others already mentioned here, this is widely available information out there for anyone who takes more than 2 minutes to search the internet for it.

Invidious is an open source alternative front-end to YouTube.
https://invidious.snopyta.org/feed/popular or use any of the other instances available https://docs.invidious.io/instances/

There is also Newpipe on Android.
a different browser means you are uneducated and have too much time on your hand.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
An example of someone with more time than money.

This ain’t 1998. All the browsers are the same and if they aren’t nobody gives a shit. I’m not going to bother keeping up with what browser does what day by day to defeat Google. I’m just going to pay the…[checks receipts…]…$12 a month. I’m going to gladly pay $12 a month to not have to think about it. I know, I’m acting like a Big Tymer, I know, to some of you another $12 a month would let you double your car payment but…what can I say? I eat name brand rice and go to Taco Bell without any coupons. I’m just flush. If you are too, just pay the $12 and stop wasting your life trying to steal it.
if you are such a big tymer, why do you put your gameboy in a dish washer to get the cheese out instead of just buying an ultimate gameboy from gohan?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
What? I use Firefox on my cellphone and it has a adblock+ filter that works just like the PC version.
Same thing when using Linux.
I'm glad signofzeta is around so no one noticed my mistake! :D
I pay for Youtube premium and I fully admit I'm 'tarded for it, I don't like FIrefox on mobile so I never thought to try it out. I legitimately thought there were play store publishing restrictions on adblocking stuff in browser apps, maybe that was true at some point, I don't know.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I pay for Youtube Premium solely so that I don't have to watch ads on my set-top boxes. I have everything ad-blocked to shit on my browsers and phone but there just isn't a good enough alternative app on Roku and, as much as I hate giving Google money just to stop annoying me, I do the same thing with other services (Hulu, NBA League Pass, etc.). Not seeing advertising has become a primary motivator at this stage of my life.

Reactions: wyo

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
He's also boasting that he pays for a Youtube subscription and is too stupid to install an adblock extension or a browser with one built in, which takes literally 15 seconds.

But how many times does it take 15 seconds? Every time the browser, extension, OS, or Youtube get upgraded? Fuck that. I'm paying $12 and it will just work until they go out of business or I get Miltoned.

BTW, I'm not actually boasting. When I said I pay for name brand rice...that was a joke, you realize that, right? This is what is called sarcasm. The point being, its not about money, its about convenience, and if anything is worth paying for its convenience.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I pay for Youtube Premium solely so that I don't have to watch ads on my set-top boxes. I have everything ad-blocked to shit on my browsers and phone but there just isn't a good enough alternative app on Roku and, as much as I hate giving Google money just to stop annoying me, I do the same thing with other services (Hulu, NBA League Pass, etc.). Not seeing advertising has become a primary motivator at this stage of my life.

Why didn't your lazy retard ass just spend the time it takes to hack every device you own...one at a time...every time they patch out the hack, huh? You're getting FUCKED out of a whole $12 here.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
But how many times does it take 15 seconds? Every time the browser, extension, OS, or Youtube get upgraded? Fuck that. I'm paying $12 and it will just work until they go out of business or I get Miltoned.

BTW, I'm not actually boasting. When I said I pay for name brand rice...that was a joke, you realize that, right? This is what is called sarcasm. The point being, its not about money, its about convenience, and if anything is worth paying for its convenience.
You install the adblock once and then it stays on until you turn it off yourself.

Or, on browsers with it built in like Vivaldi or Brave, you click the option in the settings to enable it once and it stays on until you turn it off.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
someone tell this numbskull that ad blocking isn't only for youtube videos and that you don't have to reinstall plugins when there are updates.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
No, you arrogant moron.

You install it and that's it. I've had it for 3+ years with no problems.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Why didn't your lazy retard ass just spend the time it takes to hack every device you own...one at a time...every time they patch out the hack, huh? You're getting FUCKED out of a whole $12 here.

Even your mock outrage misses the point.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Lol zeta has to be trolling everyone here. He can't be that dense/retarded/ignorant/retarded or retarded.

Gotta be. It's just funny now.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Ad blockers aren't going to work on the new version of Chrome. I'm sure there will be a workaround at some point, though.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I pay for it as I mostly watch YouTube on my ps4. It goes right into my monthly phone bill so I never really notice it tbf

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Lol zeta has to be trolling everyone here. He can't be that dense/retarded/ignorant/retarded or retarded.

Gotta be. It's just funny now.

I never fake ignorance. I’m not sure there is anything to “get” though. The internet isn’t free anymore but you guys still don’t want to pay even a tiny price so…you’re like uncle Vic who drives 35 miles to buy gas that is $0.02 cheaper per gallon saving nothing.

If it’s anything more than that, you guys just being cheap, nobody has explained it. If you are just cheap, then fuck ya. Cheapness sucks.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
would you rather

1: install an addon that blocks ads in general, not just youtube. the addon basically runs itself and you don't have to do shit.
or
2: pay google $12 a month, not use adblock and see ads everywhere on the internet (in billy joel zetas case probably mostly penis extension ads)

why is this even an argument? think google will go bankrupt because you block their ads? because paying is the "right thing to do"?
you have to be retarded.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You install the adblock once and then it stays on until you turn it off yourself.

Or, on browsers with it built in like Vivaldi or Brave, you click the option in the settings to enable it once and it stays on until you turn it off.

I know how to use an ad blocker…but what if I don’t live in one of those WALL-E hover chairs and I run YouTube on a half dozen different platforms, each requiring it’s own fix every time Google breaks the old one? When you pay the $12 you get no ads on anything no matter what.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
why is this even an argument? think google will go bankrupt because you block their ads? because paying is the "right thing to do"?
you have to be retarded.

Why is it an argument? You just invented it. It isn’t an argument. I have ad blockers on everything that will run ad blockers.

And no I’m not “sticking up” for Google. This isn’t a moral argument either so can keep that imaginary fight to yourself too.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i think your actual problem is that you're not only technically incompetent, but also really, really dumb in general.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Even your mock outrage misses the point.
My “outrage” as you call it was basically me agreeing with you completely. I do all the things you mentioned in your post for the same reasons other than I don’t like basketball. You missed the point.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
i think your actual problem is that you're not only technically incompetent, but also really, really dumb in general.

I think your problem is all your posts are like this one. You’re only here to fuck with people. You drop short snarky insults and run away without ever making a point.

Reactions: @M

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
well you're just here to be a contarian about everything and bitch about the most stupid things, we all got our burdens to carry.
better put me on ignore :lolz:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
well you're just here to be a contarian about everything and bitch about the most stupid things, we all got our burdens to carry.
better put me on ignore :lolz:
you are so edgy and kewl