Neo Geo Nostalgia...a series about how I spent too much money - Sam Sho II - 11/1

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
It is still possible to find these games floating around $50, definitely well under $100, just gotta be patient

SS1, SS2, FF2, FFS, AOF1, AOF2, KOF94, WH2, WH2J

And videogamesource on eBay still sells Riding Hero loose for around $70 if you want something besides a fighting game.

AES has never been so expensive, but the lowest end games are still low end, they’ve just gone up with inflation. $30 can’t buy today what it could 10 years ago.
Oh I know you can find them for good money if you keep you're eyes open.
Last VG convention I went to I was able to get KoF '94 and World Heros 2 for $65 combined. (MVS)
I kinda felt like I was stealing from the guy but he accepted my offer so it was on him.
I'm just making a general statement.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Last VG convention I went to I was able to get KoF '94 and World Heros 2 for $65 combined. (MVS)
I kinda felt like I was stealing from the guy but he accepted my offer so it was on him.

My list was mainly for AES games. If talking about MVS, then quite a few more games can be added to the budget list like Super Sidekicks 1 and 2, FF3, RBFF, SS3, SS4, WH1 and a bunch of others.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
When are the videos of you reading old magazines going to be posted? Follow the Classic Gaming Quarterly blueprint. Read us old ass magazines. Stop being so calm in the videos needs more fake ass enthusiasm. Have you done the videos on scanlines yet?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
When are the videos of you reading old magazines going to be posted? Follow the Classic Gaming Quarterly blueprint. Read us old ass magazines. Stop being so calm in the videos needs more fake ass enthusiasm. Have you done the videos on scanlines yet?
Am I really that calm? Lol I guess I better develop a persona. Start posting thumbnails with my face looking all shocked

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Madden 2023 is def connected. You can just tell
Metal Slug was developed by Nazca > Nazca was formed from former Irem staff > Irem produced the seminal scrolling beat 'em up "Kung Fu Master" > "Kung Fu Master" was created by Takashi Nishiyama > Takashi Nishiyama helped create "Street Fighter" for Capcom > Capcom struck a publishing deal with EA in 2001 (which included Street Fighter entries) > EA publish Madden.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember buying World Heroes 1 and 2 loose MVS for $8 apiece in 2005.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There are budget AES titles still available?
I remember when you could buy games like SS2 or Fatal Fury 3 for about $30.
Now you can't even do a Biden sniff on any AES game for that money.
Fukk, you almost can't touch loose MVS games for that now!
Everything was fine until bacon started making these videos, just saying...

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I remember buying World Heroes 1 and 2 loose MVS for $8 apiece in 2005.
Yeah but $8 in 2005 is like $8,000,000 today when you account for inflation.
I want RBS for my MVS, I paid less than $50 back when, I looked last night on ebay and finding a loose crappy condition MVS copy is $100 now.
Makes me sad panda.

Wyo said:
Everything was fine until bacon started making these videos, just saying...
That son of a bitch!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I don't know why there's so much complaint about prices when this is basically clueless people paying for your retirement if you already own some. Surely you're not some 2014 reg date noob and already own all the big tymer mvs/aes carts bought before 2001, right? :D

Seconding the glock video

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I don't know why there's so much complaint about prices when this is basically clueless people paying for your retirement if you already own some. Surely you're not some 2014 reg date noob and already own all the big tymer mvs/aes carts bought before 2001, right? :D

Seconding the glock video
Yeah I’m just short a Glock

I mean prices have been dummy high for forever. Even my highest priced carts weren’t cheap when I bought them. They were just “cheaper than now”

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Christ... I suppose this has a Metal Slug connection as well does it????

........ oh..... wait......

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Christ... I suppose this has a Metal Slug connection as well does it????

........ oh..... wait......
Yes but it’s mostly connected to the Escape from NY universe

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Awesome video! Guy was so pumped he even forgot basic typing skills..

1667307923873.png

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I feel like SSII is neo geo comfort food. I can pick this up and play any time.