Time to Fall Back: Version 2022

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The only clock I own that doesn't automatically adjust is the one in the dash of my car anyway

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
This is probably the first weekend I haven't been scheduled at work where DST has affected me in anyway.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The only clock I own that doesn't automatically adjust is the one in the dash of my car anyway

Same except I own an old digital alarm clock also.

Cars have such cryptic ways to change the clock. Mine is usually wrong 6 months of the year.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Same except I own an old digital alarm clock also.

Cars have such cryptic ways to change the clock. Mine is usually wrong 6 months of the year.
Congress must act to fix our car clocks.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Hopefully they make it permanent. Making DST permanent is a good step forward ST should be the standard if they finalize it.

While its comfy exploring the world bloodbourne style in the early days, the first 20-30 minutes of when you wake up are very important. That exposure to sunlight activates melatonin thus activating a whole set of other processes affecting your mood and health for that day (including eyesight).

It works best only if you do it right after you wake up. If you can't see sunlight use artificial uv light. Try it sometime and you'll be amazed.

Unfortunately I can't do that since im a vampire.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Hopefully they make it permanent. Making DST permanent is a good step forward ST should be the standard if they finalize it.

While its comfy exploring the world bloodbourne style in the early days, the first 20-30 minutes of when you wake up are very important. That exposure to sunlight activates melatonin thus activating a whole set of other processes affecting your mood and health for that day (including eyesight).

It works best only if you do it right after you wake up. If you can't see sunlight use artificial uv light. Try it sometime and you'll be amazed.

Unfortunately I can't do that since im a vampire.
I'm not disagreeing about all that healthy melatonin stuff, but that ideal is not the world most people live in. It depends on the person, and when they wake up. Most people these days stare at their phones or computer screens most of the day. It's not healthy, but it's the reality we live in. If there's any consensus, the majority agrees that while on Standard Time, daylight is not distributed evenly enough throughout the day: The sun is up before many are even awake, and some people need to sleep later because they work later shifts. Then it gets dark way too early before people are even home, which correlates with an increase in crime.

And with all due respect, I believe all this BS that is suddenly coming about about health is the reason we can't get this stupid law that the Senate already passed across the finish line.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I think we can all agree adopting one or the other is best so atleast we get used to it. Switching between them twice a year is more detrimental than not adopting one imo.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I think we can all agree adopting one or the other is best so atleast we get used to it. Switching between them twice a year is more detrimental than not adopting one imo.
Yeah. I'd take year-round Standard Time over switching. It's the original, and I'm a sucker for the classics.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Updated for 2023

For the United States, it's time to turn back the clocks on Sunday, November 5 at 2 a.m. Those living in Arizona (excluding Navajo Nation) and Hawaii can keep their hands of the hands of time :tickled:

This has been a Public Neo-Geo Announcement.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Go to hell. I hate Standard Time. To fix the sun going down early, they make it go down an extra hour earlier yet for good measure. Plus the sun is bothering you an extra hour early in the morning. These are dark times.