WTB - Big Ticket Items for AES

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The time for rebuying games you regret selling sailed 10+ years ago, sadly. Doubly so for AES games.

Have to wonder if this is less about getting them back and more to do with bragging/investing.

In case anyone was curious, last I checked, my friend wanted $60k for MS1, which is overpriced, IMHO, by $40k. Before you think that is ridiculous, Shawn was fully prepared to do a consignment deal in the Neo Store for him.

Jon
Wait, your buddy wants $60k for a Japanese MS1!? There's one that's been literally sitting on YAJ for weeks for $15k and it won't sell. So, your estimate is on point of it being at least $40k overpriced. If this was a Euro print, that would be another story.

I've been working on getting back what I lost (and then some) over the last 4-5 years - I've picked up some big tymer games this year due to having some financial flexibility from a new job for a (very) brief period of big spending before I up my retirement contributions in January. So, I get where Wasabi is coming from.

Although, I cut myself off from any retro game buying until February/March because, well...I'll add a post to the recent purchases thread soon. :devilish:

@basic I think he found his Pulstar when I chatted with him last

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait, your buddy wants $60k for a Japanese MS1!? There's one that's been literally sitting on YAJ for weeks for $15k and it won't sell. So, your estimate is on point of it being at least $40k overpriced. If this was a Euro print, that would be another story.

I've been working on getting back what I lost (and then some) over the last 4-5 years - I've picked up some big tymer games this year due to having some financial flexibility from a new job for a (very) brief period of big spending before I up my retirement contributions in January. So, I get where Wasabi is coming from.

Although, I cut myself off from any retro game buying until February/March because, well...I'll add a post to the recent purchases thread soon. :devilish:

@basic I think he found his Pulstar when I chatted with him last
Game was originally bought from a forum member off eBay for $7800. He had it for around a year and was asked by another collector if he was interested in selling. He asked ME what I thought it was worth, lol. (Like I would know) Told him $10k. Responds he turned down a $30k offer! Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

And, yes, Japanese MS1 AES we are talking about here.

Jon

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Game was originally bought from a forum member off eBay for $7800. He had it for around a year and was asked by another collector if he was interested in selling. He asked ME what I thought it was worth, lol. (Like I would know) Told him $10k. Responds he turned down a $30k offer! Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Jon
If i bought that JP copy for $7800 id keep it for life.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Jon
I guess everyone is free to smoke whatever they want, but if he was actually looking to sell, he screwed the pooch not accepting $30k. MS1 JP mint without sunfade is $20k. Even assuming a desperate buyer, not sure how he ends up at $60k. He sounds perfect for ebay.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Bump. Wasabi is offering $10000 for Metal Slug, $10000 for Big Tournament Golf, and $6500 for Twinkle Star Sprites.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
What isn't weird about wanting to spend nearly $30k on some video games... which you could play for $30... if that's all you wanted to do, play them.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
What isn't weird about wanting to spend nearly $30k on some video games... which you could play for $30... if that's all you wanted to do, play them.
Uh yeah noone is gagging to play pulstar or ms1 now innit

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Suruga had a Slug 1 (jpn) for 17k while back. Very unlikely you will find one under that imo.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Suruga had a Slug 1 (jpn) for 17k while back. Very unlikely you will find one under that imo.
I was talking to Charlie the other day. He's been trying to work with Suru to buy it, but they won't sell it to him. Something to do with shipping insurance. I asked why he doesn't work through a proxy - don't think he's tried that yet.

$10k for Slug 1 or Big tournament - those days are gone. There was a copy of BTG that sold recently on Yahoo for $14k.