Sports Thread

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Normally I wouldn't root for the Argos, but I'll make an exception for the Grey Cup since Hamilton didn't make it.
woooooooooo! argos win by 1. crazy finish. this was an actual good cfl game that i finally watched. fuck you @famicommander! lololol. eat shit with your "historic three peat" season. now be mired in the misery that is broncos country.

let's ride!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
What a crazy game, tons of running the ball, Bethel-Thompson appears to get a hand injury and then Chad Kelly stepped in and led the Argos to the go ahead TD. Great defense by Toronto, too.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just got home from work.

After the game I went and dug up like 10 posts I made on the Bombers forum throughout the season saying the Bombers needed to trade for a kicker at the trade deadline like they did last year. Everyone kept telling me I was nuts and we needed to let this guy "develop" but it's fucking stupid to bet a threepeat on a god damn head case kicker. Dude has missed 1 or more kicks in 13 out of 23 games in which he's attempted a kick. The guy they brought in at the deadline last year was perfect in the Grey Cup and it's the reason they won it.

This one hurt.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
"Cale Makar made NHL history and reacted with a shrug.

The generational Avalanche defenseman penned another incredible chapter of his meteoric hockey rise in Monday night’s 3-2 shootout victory at the Dallas Stars. Makar opened the game with a power-play goal to become the fastest blueliner in league history to amass 200 career points. It took him only 195 games."

famicommander

15 Year Member
Injury bug has ravaged the Avs this year.

Their normal gameday 20, with an x next to everyone hurt
Landeskog (x) - MacKinnon - Nichushkin (x)
Lehkonen - Rodrigues (x) - Rantanen
Newhook - Compher - O'Connor
MacDermid (x) - Helm (x) - Cogliano

Toews - Makar
Byram (x) - Manson
Girard - Johnson

Georgiev
Francouz

Girard came back last game and they immediately lost Rodrigues for 2-4 weeks.

MacDermid is also the 7th defenseman so they're down to #8 there and were down to #9 when Girard was out.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Injury bug has ravaged the Avs this year.

Landeskog (x) - MacKinnon - Nichushkin (x)
Lehkonen - Rodrigues (x) - Rantanen

Toews - Makar
Byram (x) - Manson
Girard - Johnson

Georgiev
Francouz

Girard came back last game and they immediately lost Rodrigues for 2-4 weeks.

MacDermid is also the 7th defenseman so they're down to #8 there and were down to #9 when Girard was out.
Still plenty of the season left to get things together. The Devils are a huge surprise to me this year, makes me wish Sabres rehired Lindy Ruff when they had the chance.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Update:
Landeskog (x) - MacKinnon (x) - Nichushkin (x)
Lehkonen (x) - Rodrigues (x) - Rantanen

Toews - Makar
Byram (x) - Manson (x)
Girard - Johnson

Georgiev
Francouz

MacKinnon out four weeks, Lehkonen day to day, but right now the only top 6 skater left is Mikko Rantanen. Manson now down too, leaving us down a whole defensive pairing.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I finally noticed NLL season started up on ESPN+. I'll have to catch more Saskatchewan and Buffalo games.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Resurrected to talk about why so many of the one seeds are losing in the first round of the NHL Playoffs (looking at Colorado and Boston!!!) :thevt:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Resurrected to talk about why so many of the one seeds are losing in the first round of the NHL Playoffs (looking at Colorado and Boston!!!) :thevt:
NHL has been pretty wild. Leafs have completely turned it around in Game 2, but I still expect Lightning to win this series.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I haven’t watched AFL in years; we miss Setanta Sports in the USA. I’m not subbing to Fox Soccer Channel, so I’m assed out.

Caught an Indy Car race for the first time in a long time last weekend-it was epic! Long Beach GP is a great course.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I haven’t watched AFL in years; we miss Setanta Sports in the USA. I’m not subbing to Fox Soccer Channel, so I’m assed out.

Caught an Indy Car race for the first time in a long time last weekend-it was epic! Long Beach GP is a great course.
I just get Sling TV, and they put on a game nearly every week on FS1. Geelong is playing Sydney this week on 22 Apr Sat @ 5 AM EST.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs finally decided to start playing hockey in the 2nd period of game 2. Dunno why it took them 5 periods to figure out the playoffs started but they utterly dominated the end of the game tonight.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Leafs might finally make the second round for the first time in nearly two decades.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Makar got a fucking bogus one game suspension today. It was a 2 minute minor interference penalty.

Rumors are that Val Nichushkin is having substance abuse issues and that's why he's away from the team. Awful if true. He played the Stanley Cup last year on a broken foot and has spent most of this season dealing with lingering related issues. Probably got hooked on painkillers and/or booze as pain management.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Oilers and Stars win tonight to move 3-2 in their respectful series. Islanders beat Hurricanes to avoid elimination, down 3-2.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
It's win or go home time for Tampa tomorrow night. Letting in three goals in a span of 6 minutes is just crazy. Then to lose two straight games in OT in your own building. Yikes.