New Star Wars stuff announced

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The only way anyone could like Boba Fett or Obi-Wan more than Andor is if they're too dumb to follow the plot.

Freaking Star Wars is going over your head. I didn't think that was even possible. It's not very complex.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I have a problem watching Clone Wars and Rebels because they look like they made them on the PlayStation2.
At least Bad Batch looks like Xbox360 quality.
I'll try again one day... also some of the character seem whiny and childish.

Yeah visuals is so much more important over story.

I just cant get into a New Hope because you can tell the light sabers look so fake.
I dont like Empire because you can totally tell that Cloud city is a model and you can see through the snow speeder's cockpits.
Not a fan of Jedi because the rancor looks all stop motiony.

Such fucking garbage.

Now, give me GOOD movie with awesome visuals like, Oh - I dunno, Last Jedi.

:thevt:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The only way anyone could like Boba Fett or Obi-Wan more than Andor is if they're too dumb to follow the plot.

Freaking Star Wars is going over your head. I didn't think that was even possible. It's not very complex.

I'm waiting for Mando season 3 before I watch Andor.

I'll catch up on all the other marvel shit I haven't seen either.

I'm fatigued by both franchises at this point.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm waiting for Mando season 3 before I watch Andor.

I'll catch up on all the other marvel shit I haven't seen either.

I'm fatigued by both franchises at this point.
Andor is a very different show from Mando, or any other Star Wars show. It's a tense, bleak show with excellent writing and complex characters. Mando is a great show but for entirely different reasons.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m glad they’ve done something good. Hopefully we don’t continue to get inundated with shit shows.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I’m glad they’ve done something good. Hopefully we don’t continue to get inundated with shit shows.
Of the announced new shows
Ahsoka - should be great, every episode but one is written by Filoni
Skeleton Crew - might suck, it's from the MCU Spiderman guys
The Acolyte - could be good, set 100 years before Phantom Menace
Lando - still far off, too early to say

At least we know Mando and Bad Batch will be great when they return. Hopefully Obi Wan and Boba are one-and-dones.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
To compare to X-Files

Andor is Mythology
Mandalorian is Monster of the Week

Both are great for different reasons and it is probably recency bias, but Andor is better. I'd absolutely recommend watching it now Lagduf, it's all out so you can take a weekend and finish it.

The Andor midseason was slightly more satisfying for me than the finale, because the finale went a little heavy on setups for next season rather than total resolution on this season, but there is a lot of good stuff available for future content.

I've shit on Disney Star Wars enough and I still don't think Rogue One is good, but when they actually do something good, they can get credit for it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I will subscribe when Mando season 3 comes out. I’m not going to Sub to watch Andor, cancel, and resub when Mando is out.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I will subscribe when Mando season 3 comes out. I’m not going to Sub to watch Andor, cancel, and resub when Mando is out.
Visions season 2 and Bad Batch season 2 will be out before Mando, and you still haven't watched Clone Wars, Rebels, or Tales of the Jedi.

All of those shows are way, way better than Obi Wan or Boba Fett and you watched that trash.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Visions season 2 and Bad Batch season 2 will be out before Mando, and you still haven't watched Clone Wars, Rebels, or Tales of the Jedi.

All of those shows are way, way better than Obi Wan or Boba Fett and you watched that trash.

And now I’ve learned my lesson and Disney is only getting my money once per year for D+

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
And now I’ve learned my lesson and Disney is only getting my money once per year for D+

Just download em.

Also, Visions is absolutely not required watching in any way shape or form. Its got like 2 decent episodes. Its all anime inspired stuff that has no real bearing on the SW story. Easily and inconsequentially skippable.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t care enough to pirate anything these days, let alone a Disney show.

I like Mando enough to sub, but that’s about it. I can wait.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just download em.

Also, Visions is absolutely not required watching in any way shape or form. Its got like 2 decent episodes. Its all anime inspired stuff that has no real bearing on the SW story. Easily and inconsequentially skippable.
Visions is merely okay, but it's way better than Obi-Wan or Boba Fett and everybody here sat through that trash.

The other animated shows are actually great, though.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Mando season 3 drops March 1, Bad Batch season 2 January 4.

No confirmation on Visions season 2 but it is still listed for early 2023. I'd guess February.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finally started watching Mandolaorian, it's alright. Still has a lot of pandering fan service and goofy annoying little things that seems very Lucasesque. I think I'm having more fun picking out all the guest stars than anything that's actually happening plot wise. I will say the show is wildly inconsistent in terms of writing and production quality. Some episodes feel properly epic and some feel like a random episode of Stargate. Overall it's enjoyable but I think the only reason it gets the insane praise that it does is because the bar is so low.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally started watching Mandolaorian, it's alright. Still has a lot of pandering fan service and goofy annoying little things that seems very Lucasesque. I think I'm having more fun picking out all the guest stars than anything that's actually happening plot wise. I will say the show is wildly inconsistent in terms of writing and production quality. Some episodes feel properly epic and some feel like a random episode of Stargate. Overall it's enjoyable but I think the only reason it gets the insane praise that it does is because the bar is so low.

I’m very displeased to tell you that The Book of Boba Fett has about two episodes featuring the Mandalorian that are absolutely necessary to the story of the Mandalorian after Mando season 2.

Some of the guest stars in Mando are indeed wild.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Fallen Order 2 trailer came out. Looks like they stuck with the ginge. No worries, PC mods will course correct.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone who can’t play a game with a red headed character is a retard.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I was just referencing the whole thing about the redhead. To be fair tho, I actually don't like Cameron Monaghan as an actor.

I think it's his crooked chin that bugs me. But not his pubes.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The character is based on a real person? I had no idea.

I’ll play Jedi Survivor if it comes to gamepass.