I received today...

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Just got these in. Cadash is running on my plasma that I hadn't used in a few years. I forgot how awesome the colors and blacks are on this thing.

Cadash
1oOpMoy.jpg

Twinbee Yahho!
hROKT4h.jpg

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
It's a Panasonic TC-P55GT30. I got it around early 2012 for like $1400. I still haven't taken the plunge into OLED yet, but prices are starting to getting really tempting on them now.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks, man!

I love this one, Macross I, Macross +, and Zed Blade.

…wish I would’ve gotten more NMK under my belt, before price spiked.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
It's been so long since I las posted.
in the las few days I got the RetroTink 5X, and new PSUs for saturn and Dreamcast.
all of them work great.

IMG_20211114_194833.jpg

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Skate - FYI, Snow Phoenix can get Vewlixes, and she's back in Ohio. I'm thinking / hoping she can get a Diamond Blue (which I think is the sexiest of the VLX cabs) in the coming months. May be worth pinging her on Facebook or whatever

Nerdtendo - I think Game Saru / David Rocovits makes it up your way occasionally. And he's supposed to have some Diamond Blues and Oranges or Blacks coming in the next couple of months. I've heard better things about him than KC.

Also FYI I think Ringedge may not like native VLX 768p resolutions. Might honestly work better in a Sega cab. Or Game Saru had some chewp Namco Noir cabs (not sure how well Ringedge would do in those.)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you're not too fussy on original hardware there is a TTX3 multi floating around with all the Ringedge/2 and Namco ES3 titles. It's 1080p only though so you'd need a Diamond Black/Orange cab to suit. Pretty sure a later Namco Noir had a 1080p panel. That or swap out the bad original monitors.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
If you're not too fussy on original hardware there is a TTX3 multi floating around with all the Ringedge/2 and Namco ES3 titles. It's 1080p only though so you'd need a Diamond Black/Orange cab to suit. Pretty sure a later Namco Noir had a 1080p panel. That or swap out the bad original monitors.
Ahhhhh, that makes sense of why the RE2 stuff doesn't work on my TTX3 multi setup!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
1660781191684.jpeg
1660781216834.jpeg

Picked this Sly Spy up today, could have done a lot worse for $150. Still thinking of converting this over to a 1-slot…
Monitor is good, assuming it’s original. Could use some tweaking, gonna have to fly @Gremlin down!
Coin counter has 39,402 credits and there was $2.25 in quarters inside. Dude lost the keys several years ago so I drilled out the lock on the back and was able to undo the front 2.
He also threw in a couple sets of DE side decals and an extra marquee.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Picked this Sly Spy up today, could have done a lot worse for $150. Still thinking of converting this over to a 1-slot…
Monitor is good, assuming it’s original. Could use some tweaking, gonna have to fly @Gremlin down!
Coin counter has 39,402 credits and there was $2.25 in quarters inside. Dude lost the keys several years ago so I drilled out the lock on the back and was able to undo the front 2.
He also threw in a couple sets of DE side decals and an extra marquee.
Crazy good deal! Can never go wrong with a Dynamo HS-2 cab for cheap…

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
My second Vewlix arrived today. Now with a vert and hori, both running MiSTers, I'm all set.

The right speakers don't work, and the sound input jack is loose. That's just about the only things wrong with this cab, so very happy with the grab. I think this is the same monitor as my Diamond Black too. I actually thought Oranges still had the 768 monitor so I grabbed a vesa mount from Hadouken that I might not bother with.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The right speakers don't work, and the sound input jack is loose. That's just about the only things wrong with this cab, so very happy with the grab. I think this is the same monitor as my Diamond Black too. I actually thought Oranges still had the 768 monitor so I grabbed a vesa mount from Hadouken that I might not bother with.
The sound input jack is notorious for being easily broken off or damaged. The design is shit and the jack should have been mounted flush with the panel it is mounted on. Future project maybe? On my Orange there is a spare hole in the metal plate where the power,test and service switches are, wouldn't be too hard to relocate but I'll wait until I accidently break mine.

The only drawback to the monitor in the Orange is the lack of OSD settings compared to the older monitors. For example you can't set it to 4:3 if you have a Naomi or other older 31khz hardware which is a pity because the monitor is actually pretty nice for what it is.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
wouldn't be too hard to relocate but I'll wait until I accidently break mine
That's not a bad idea. I should have just done that. I've got a new jack arriving tomorrow. I swapped in my Diamond Black's audio pcb to confirm the jack is the only issue.

Btw min order on the jacks was 50. So if anyone needs a vewlix audio jack, I can send you a few.