20 Year Member
No
Not dedicated enough. Do not understand the M.O

you only have neogeo, even now
If you have any other retro - I can't even look at you properly

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It also includes a 3DO and five games, a CDI with five games, a Jag with five games, a clear purple Mk1 GBA with no games, and a mint complete 32x collection.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
No
Not dedicated enough. Do not understand the M.O

you only have neogeo, even now
If you have any other retro - I can't even look at you properly
That's always bugged me. Like, not gatekeeping or anything. More people should experience the Neo and its cool liberry, but when people on the Neo groups on FB or on Reddit post shit like that "Heres my (insert console) collection, check it out!"

And its a Saturn with the 3 free games it came with.
A NES with a flash cart
A Neo with Fatal Fury one beat to shit on a shelf.

C'maan

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Strictly speaking, if you're a collectard, a shelf-queen etc, do you need the actual hardware?

I mean, you aren't going to play the games... hell, you probably don't even know how to play the games... but, it looks pretty on your shelf, and gives you a sense of self-worth and betterment over other individuals who cannot afford to buy what you have, even though they would actually use those games for what their makers intended them to be for - games.

"Hi, I have a sprawling collections of retro games. No hardware. Suck my wallet."

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
My "retro" "collection" is an ngh
My modern console is a ps5

Best of old
Best of new
Emulate the rest you goobs

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
As much as Id love to have a complete MVS set, I honestly wouldn't have the time to play it so I don't buy them anymore. Ive got 4 carts right now, WH2, FFS and SS2, and then a Banana cart.

Even then, I don't get to play them all that much. No reason to collect, even if I just wanted to sit on my shelf. I ain't got the room.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Fuck sticks who do that are the reason games like Fatal Fury 3 are over $100 now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's always bugged me. Like, not gatekeeping or anything. More people should experience the Neo and its cool liberry, but when people on the Neo groups on FB or on Reddit post shit like that "Heres my (insert console) collection, check it out!"

And its a Saturn with the 3 free games it came with.
A NES with a flash cart
A Neo with Fatal Fury one beat to shit on a shelf.

C'maan
I hear you, but i still prefer that to the wall of games entombed in protectors never to be played again.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Even worse are the guys that have shit like an entire go Xbox or Wii full set. That shit is just baffling.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Fuck sticks who do that are the reason games like Fatal Fury 3 are over $100 now.

I thought it was people like me that used to kill them for conversions? Saying that, there are loads more SS2 & FF3 MVS carts out there now as well, as I'd always repurpose the chips if possible.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I hear you, but i still prefer that to the wall of games entombed in protectors never to be played again.
Valid point. I agree, I dont get why people have to do that. Even back in the 'heyday' of this site, people were complaining about insertion marks, and whatnot.

Even when I had an AES with games like Magician Lord and Windjammers, I couldn't have cared less about insertion marks. Does the game work? Cool - I get to play it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Or the guys that have like every single Pokemon themed console and handheld all proudly displayed.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have 27 systems hooked up to a 15" CRT at all times.
I keep them in an Ikea cabinet with neon LED backlighting.
I sit in an adult size beanbag chair when I play.
I have Mario themed wall decals.
All my friends are super jealous of my awesome game room.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
lol... I'd love to meet someone who has been mentally retarded enough to collect every single Wii title ever published.

Like 1% games, 99% shovelware.

I know a guy with a complete US PS2 collection. Now obviously that’s a much better ratio than Wii but still he had to track down literally HUNDREDS of shitty licensed movie games, toy based games, annual sports titles, Aklaim’s ripoffs of better popular games, etc. He has shelves and shelves full of utter crap. It was relatively cheap but it’s huge and mediocre as hell on average.

Completing any system is pretty stupid except maybe SNK stuff since the libraries are small and the quality ratio extremely high.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
What is Scart, is that like S-video?
Until HDMI rocked up it was (probably) the best AV connection to use to get the best picture out of any videogame console (that supported RGB scart) or AV device (VCR / DVD / LD).

For some odd reason Scart was never really supported in NA... don't know why.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I know a guy with a complete US PS2 collection. Now obviously that’s a much better ratio than Wii but still he had to track down literally HUNDREDS of shitty licensed movie games, toy based games, annual sports titles, Aklaim’s ripoffs of better popular games, etc. He has shelves and shelves full of utter crap. It was relatively cheap but it’s huge and mediocre as hell on average.
Do you often go round to his house laugh at his collection, then fuck go fuck his wife while laughing at him?

If not... you should.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
For some odd reason Scart was never really supported in NA... don't know why.
You do realize I was joking right?

I read years ago it was because TV manufacturers in the US couldn't agree on a standard connector type for consumer TVs. Honestly I don't know why they didn't just use the same RGB connection that the Japanese used. A lot of the TVs in the US from the late 90s and early 00s actually have RGB capabilities and can be easily modded. I just use component for the couple of retro consoles I have left, I can't be bothered to use a bunch of converters and a mess of specialized cables to get a slightly better picture.

Last edited: