Biggest Neo Geo related regrets back in the day :(

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Same as many I'm sure with the clarity of hindsight:

Not buying carts, especially AES, when they were much, much cheaper in the late 90s/early 00s.

Aside from that, I had an opportunity to get an MVS-2 mini cab in the 00s for $600 and I didn't do it because it was "too expensive". I regret the hell out of that since they're now worth two grand minimum and extremely rare to find for sale anymore even if you can afford it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I doubt anyone is lying awake at night thinking about the videogames that got away.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Maybe the one's you've sold! But not got away. ;)
Maybe if LoneSage's games hadn't gotten away from his mom, he wouldn't have started drinking.

• keke
Reactions: Syn

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe if LoneSage's games hadn't gotten away from his mom, he wouldn't have started drinking.
You make it sound like they ran away of their own accord and weren't used as a lure to capture the tv repair man.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Not buying up some of Jorge's collection and some cabs from him when I had the opportunity. When $1100 for a nice Metal Slug US was considered crazy and for ballers only, lol.

Even at the end of his sales... those prices :(

That thread turned my perfectly fine but a bit hungover day into a fucking nightmare. Thank you sir.

Reactions: NGT

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The money is only a regret if you squandered it. Any reasonable investment still outpaces videogames.

Everyone is over here regretting cheap prices, and I'm here regretting not playing more in the Arcades...

dreamstationx

Marked Wolf
20 Year Member
I bought £2k worth of Nam1975, Riding Hero, Baseball Stars and Magician Lords off Telegames many years ago... sold them all here for about £20 each brand new sealed :cry: Biggest regret; bought a genuine US English Metal Slug 1 from AI Trading Golden Shop in Hong Kong for about $750 and sold it on ebay for about £1k which I thought was mega.. Must have been around 2002 era... was one of my first posts here pointing people to the auction... I did an old fashioned bank transfer to buy it (pre PayPal days) and was so scared that I had spent so much that I used this sites NeoStore images to immediately advertise it while it was being shipped which looked like a scam but thats a 100% genuine story...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Not buying up some of Jorge's collection and some cabs from him when I had the opportunity. When $1100 for a nice Metal Slug US was considered crazy and for ballers only, lol.

Even at the end of his sales... those prices :(

So basically, whenever one thinks about buying an AES game today, look at this old sale thread from 2005 and take it as a wakeup call.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Unloading all of my NEO stuff. Still love the system. If I hadn’t, there wouldn’t have been a need to get involved with other projects - so who knows.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Passing up on Overtop CD when 16-bit had one for sale, I ended up getting something else from him, this was preastronomical pricing

A local store has SNK vs Capcom and Sengoku 3 AES for decent at the time prices, don’t really regret not getting these but I guess in the realm of pricing it was a good opportunity.

Passing up some Japanese Carts to focus more on getting US versions when they were cheaper and more plentiful but I was definitely in a different position financially.

None of these can really be regrets as I focused on what logically made sense at the time.

I more regret throwing out my NES boxes at the time, getting rid of my copy of Stinger my Grandfather got me before he died or the copy of 1942 my Mom got me after sitting through the pleasure of two days plus of root canal surgery after cracking off in half my front tooth in Elementary School playing basketball as they were tied to actual life events, but again I didn’t have the money I do now.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I more regret throwing out my NES boxes at the time, getting rid of my copy of Stinger my Grandfather got me before he died or the copy of 1942 my Mom got me after sitting through the pleasure of root canal surgery after cracking my front tooth in Elementary School playing basketball as they were tied to actual life events, but again I didn’t have the money I do now.
That's a sad story. A lot of my stuff of sentimental value is gone too. Keep in mind they are only things.

butthurt coconut

Zero's Secretary
That's a sad story. A lot of my stuff of sentimental value is gone too. Keep in mind they are only things.
One of my first girlfriends was fucking crazy & stole all my childhood N64 games when we broke up. I later found out she also stole all her roommate’s Wii games. At least I still have my Saturn games. It just sucks that I don’t have my old copy of Smash Bros 64 & Goldeneye & others I spent so many hours on BITD. Sad part about it was, she didn’t even steal for common reasons, like to feed a drug addiction, she was just an asshole!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I more regret throwing out my NES boxes at the time, getting rid of my copy of Stinger my Grandfather got me before he died or the copy of 1942 my Mom got me after sitting through the pleasure of two days plus of root canal surgery after cracking off in half my front tooth in Elementary School playing basketball as they were tied to actual life events, but again I didn’t have the money I do now.
You are a good son and a good grandson.

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Sold my AES collection in 2006 for beer money in college. Most notable mistake during that time was selling a JP Metal Slug 3 for $180.