MiSTer arcade core manager

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
This weekend I started working on a MiSTer file manager with a focus on the arcade cores. So far the only thing it lets you do is create favorites, but I already find that pretty useful so I figured I'd share.

CenbSmul.jpg

e3oKuKUl.jpg

If anyone wants to try it out:

1. Copy this file into your MiSter's Scripts folder

2. Head to Scripts and launch the filemanager_web.sh

3. Wait a bit, and it will give you a url

HjY4GxF.png

4. Head to the url on a PC and wait about 7 seconds (MiSTer is not the fastest machine in the world...)

5. Click the star next to games to make them favorites, click again to unfavorite them. Click the checkbox at the top to just see what is favorited.

favorites_screenshot.png

6. Click "exit" in the upper right, or press down on the MiSTer when done.

7. Head to Arcade -> favorites on your MiSTer

caveats

Your MiSTer needs to be on the internet

Only works correctly if you have your mra files on the main SD card

I juuuust started making this, so expect bugs

It will get better. Here are the goals.

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
It's coming along nicely

dNkcD8ml.png

It downloads arcade updates and grabs the roms from archive.org. I'm working on rom auditing where it shows missing and corrupt roms and fixes them for you.

I'm also adding manual core addition. New and beta cores don't get into the update dbs for a while, and adding them manually is pretty tedious. So you just point it at a github repo, give it a zip file, or give it the core and mra(s) and it will add the game for you. It will remember it's a manually added game and delete it when it's been officially added. By the time a core gets added to the official update db it's usually had small fixes added.

From there adding console and computer core support will be easy.

I don't recommend anyone using it just yet unless you like buggy stuff. This is more complex than I realized, but nothing I can't handle.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
solid idea. A favorites folder is def needed

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Neat project! Web interface is a nice touch for managing remotely when the MiSTer is installed in a cab.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I haven't forgotten about this. I'm taking a new approach where you download all the cores/roms onto your PC, arrange them, then export them to the mister.

I hope to have the first alpha version soon.

dAvA6E2l.png

7mHo00Bl.png

It9Dqtml.png

Xx26fBjl.png