Bitmap Bureau bringing Battle Axe to MVS/AES

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, but then... Some actual Neo Geo games from back in the day weren't Neo Geo games either - esthetically and technically. Yet, they are there, and have been there for 20 years now.
I don't think "Neo Geo games" as you mean them are ever going to be done again, if only because, with the tools publicly available today, I can't see any developper submitting to early system rom limitations that make no sense today... So if we go that way, there shouldn't ever be any more games released on the system. Which is a position I always find a bit odd. :)
I respect you and your reply, thank you. Merry Christmas.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
This one looks like it might be nice. Definitely will keep an eye on it.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
My problem is just like with Xenocrisis they'll do nothing to make the neo version different. Battle axe could be excellent with some tweaks. Like allowing you to save your progress, an arranged ost, and some serious difficultly tweaks but none of this will happen.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I love an impossible port on older ‘past it’ hardware. As Tak said this is actually more like a port of times gone past - physically recreating the game as best you can on hardware which is very different to the original spec.

There’s no way it will be as fluid as the PS5 version but I’m genuinely curious how close they get on the Neo Geo.

It’s actually a mad amount of effort to sell what, 1000 copies maybe?

Fingers crossed this turns out good. Are they planning on releasing on other formats of similar 2D power? PSX or DC maybe?

XenoCrisis I found a bit boring but I’m willing to give BattleAxe a shot based on the trailers and reviews.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Everyone excited for this now, I just want to know how excited you were in April, 2021 when Battle Axe was first released.
Didnt even know about this game until this thread, glad it's out and looks like a purchase for me for sure

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Everyone excited for this now, I just want to know how excited you were in April, 2021 when Battle Axe was first released.
When I saw the game announced, the first thing I did was recommend they make a Neo version. I don’t have any current consoles, nor do I have any desire to buy another console. But I’ll support the occasional new game coming out for a retro console.