Cancellation on MD/GEN: A VISUAL COMPENDIUM by Bitmap Books

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
If anybody would jerk off to some hedgehog pic guess where could he be from...

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
giphy.gif

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just don't know what I'd do with it even if it was made. Flick through it and go "oh yeah, games" and then file it away.

Yes. That is exactly the point of these books.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Well, the thing is that the SNES book by Bitmap became a reality even though the SNES mini was selling, and we all know how Nintendo is related to its IPR. Maybe they saw it as an oportunity to market the mini even better but SEGA thinks otherwise.
I think the NES one was close to getting cancelled because of IP, so they had to add "unofficial" to its title, I think it was the same with the SNES book.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I think the NES one was close to getting cancelled because of IP, so they had to add "unofficial" to its title, I think it was the same with the SNES book.
Yeah, they mention that specifically in their statement, that even though they added the "unofficial" term to the title, SEGA didn't allowed them to proceed.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I just don't know what I'd do with it even if it was made. Flick through it and go "oh yeah, games" and then file it away.
Dunno, sometimes I like skimming through coffee table books like that, can be inspiring every now and then and it's something tangible, real, not some digital stuff that sits on a HD with millions of other files like that.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They should just release it anyway. Sega is probably bluffing and fuck IP rights.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I know when I come home after a hard days work, y'know with a hard earned thirst, that the first thing I'd be doing is picking up my Sega Genesis Mega Drive coffee table book and just flick through it. Ahh the serenity.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member