Fucking Amazon

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Like-they are all in concert acting nefariously together…like Marvel’s H.Y.D.R.A.?

Surely, you’re pulling my leg here.
Hydra isn't an acronym, the name just alludes to their "Cut off one head, two more grow to take its' place." motto, like the mythical Greek creature that they're named after.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I ordered a couple of switch games for one of my kids for Christmas on Amazon, one wasn’t in the shrink wrap. It still looked othewise new so I didn’t send it back but it was obviously a return.

The only thing i buy semi regularly on Amazon is records but i have noticed they are no longer always the cheapest and I recently had a warning because i return too many because a lot of records are defective.
How are they defective?
Brand new or used?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Here in Europe, things are still alright at Amazon. I mostly buy Indie PS4 games there when they are discounted. These are impossible to find at regular stores here. I also buy the occasional TPB comic if I fancy reading one. But I must admit that eBay is mostly the better choice for English language books.
I tried Amazon Prime music but it sucks everytime I click on something it says I need to go unlimited. I haven't heard a single song.
Amazon Prime video is ok and much cheaper then netflix but they have much less quality.

Honestly, I prefer going to actual stores.But it is getting pretty hard. The only useful store is FNAC but still they don't have it all.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How are they defective?
Brand new or used?
Brand new but they might have a scratch or be warped for example from the factory. New vinyl is a bit of a crapshoot.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Another Amazon tip if you don't already have Prime:

If you can find a $25+ item that you want that has a coupon discount at checkout, you can "trick" Amazon into giving you the $25+ free shipping anyway, even if your discounted total is less than that amount. For example, if you found an item that costs $28, with a 50% off coupon at checkout, you'd only pay $14.00 + sales tax, but, Amazon would still treat the normal $28 price as $25+ and give you the free shipping anyway, even though you only really spent about ~$15. And you'll still get the bonus 24 hours of free shipping, for additional items of any price, that I mentioned before, on top of that, afterwards too.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How you guys going with Amazon these days? The fuckers no longer refund once a return is scanned. I haven’t used it in a while but it now seems they need to receive the item back then they issue a refund 10 days later. The whole process can take a month!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah last time I returned something they offered instant credit or my money back in 10
working days. I took the money but the bloody cheek of the cunts.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
How you guys going with Amazon these days? The fuckers no longer refund once a return is scanned. I haven’t used it in a while but it now seems they need to receive the item back then they issue a refund 10 days later. The whole process can take a month!
giphy.gif

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member

I returned a $100+ item this week and they refunded to the original payment method same day. Skill issue?

Geoff Basils!

• keke
Reactions: wyo

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I ordered a bulk of harddrives.
Said I was going to get them the next day.
Next day said in a week, week later said in two weeks.
Two weeks later said I needed reauthorize order to get it in another two weeks.

Whole thing is it kept saying in the ad they had the items in stock with next day shipping.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I returned a $100+ item this week and they refunded to the original payment method same day. Skill issue?

Geoff Basils!
No I've had the same thing happen before several times.
Worse I've marked items for return took them to Kohls a few days later and they've been deleted, no records of them whatsoever and it wouldn't let me return them.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I have prime credit card. I noticed they started offering 6% back for no rush shipping instead of the standard 5% for one of my big orders on Black Friday. I use Amazon enough to justify the cost. But I could care less about the extras. Prime video prime music, prime twitch.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Geoff Basils!
I think some of it depends on how you return it and who the original seller was. If the seller was Amazon direct and I return something to the UPS store I get credit the same day. If it's a third party seller it might not be credited until it gets back to the warehouse.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
They are definitely recycling returned items and selling them as new.
I know this is an old thread but they definitely do this. My wife has received clearly returned and stained clothes, horribly repackaged returns, one time even broken glass.

She started writing "broken" and "return" in sharpie all over shit before she sends it back so they can't fuck someone else with it.