Breakers Collection Announced

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What's the point of making a separate SKU for PS4 and PS5? All PS4 games work on PS5. I mean, did they put the Ray Tracing in the PS5 version? lol I'm thoroughly confused.

I have a hard time getting behind these limited release games anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Same, I need LESS shit on my shelf - not more

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They definitely went all out, but I still question why they're even bothering with something so incredibly obscure.

Realistically, how many people are actually going to buy this?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
This collection is pointless and I wouldn't buy anything from those asshats at Strictly Limited... their deliverable dates make Water Melon look good.

geladobom

War Room Troll
After this, they should release the Chicago "Crystal Legacy" Version missing prototype and it's not released yet in the Steam Version.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
They definitely went all out, but I still question why they're even bothering with something so incredibly obscure.

Realistically, how many people are actually going to buy this?

I was just thinking that to myself. Like in terms of neogeo fighters that I have an interest in repeatedly playing in 2022, Breakers would be toward the bottom of the list under the dozens of fighters SNK put out on the platform.

That reminds me. A guy who looks and acts like comic book nerd on the simpsons became a third roommate to two existing friends of mine 10+ years ago and in addition to his bookshelf of marvel and DC comic book compilations he had a PS2 and practically every compilation disc of neogeo games that came out for that system in the US. Like not just semi-recent stuff like KOF games, but old stuff like the compilations of Art of Fighting 1, 2 and 3, and the Fatal Fury early games compilation. I got the idea he bought them more as a collectible piece rather than to extensively play the games. I could see him being the kind of typical buyer for these Breakers LE releases.

So I downloaded the ps4 version today. Didn't really get chance to play properly as i had to ggo to work but the games seem to have been ported well but again didn't get chance to try online or team player mode.

I did look under extras though and there was a printed interview with what sounds like the main guy at visco games and he talks about crystal legacy prototype.

With crystal legacy he said it was 80% completed but the gameplay was very broken so they decided to start from scratch again. In his eyes crystal legacy was a completely different game.
He also said that the prototype doesn't exist anywhere.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Who fucking cares. Haven't you got better things to do with your life like catch serial killers?

Fucking Visco re-releases... seen more platforms that goddamn Pac Man at this rate.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Breakers games are nice, the engine is very "open-minded", combos are easy to pull off, graphics are good and there are some catchy tracks to listen to. The keyword here is accessibility, the games can be enjoyed by both n00bs and experts alike, the learning curve is low for the basics and most characters have a quite simple moveset. It's also the closest you will get to Street Fighter II on the Neo, at least visually.

I can see why the two games have a certain following and it's okay to honour Breakers Revenge with a port as it never got one back in the day, only the first game got released on JPN homecart and CD but that's still in the family, so to speak, not a real port. Actually I kinda like the idea of off-broadway Neo fighters like that getting a bit of attention, there are more good ones in the library that seem to be always overlooked, like Ninja Master's, Kabuki Klash, Karnov's Revenge, World Heroes 3, Waku Waku 7, Ragnagard, etc. Doesn't have to be KoF, Samsho or FF all the time, eh.

Whether or not one needs the collector's edition with all that junk is another question. I think it's a bit too much.

Dude I am trying to catch serial killers!
Why the fuck do you think im here?

Do you think people who spend over $100 on 1 video game are mentally balanced!
Get your cock out of those eye sockets tarma!

Yeah breakers best neo-geo fighter not made by snk.
Considering the other visco sequels, and with sho appearing in pocket bravery I'm wondering if they'll try making another breakers or try to get a character in kof xv. Not that I think either idea would be a good one.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Eye sockets? Who the fuck said anything about eye sockets?

I create new cavities in my victims - places where they didn't even know another person can find pleasure.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
There's nothing wrong with Tia, but I maintain that gentlemen prefer Rila.

It's cool that they included a gallery of fan art. I tried to finagle @Bratwurst into drawing and submitting something but all of his ideas were too obscene.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Did they fix it so Pierre/Pielle's VA doesn't sound like he's deep-throating the microphone?