NBA Season 22/23

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
yawn, 3point line and handicap defense made this possible.

Kareem had the 3 pt. line through a large portion of his career. He wasn't going to shoot any regardless. He already had an unstoppable, higher percentage shot.

Breaking the points record is almost entirely a matter of longevity... the real "cheats" that LeBron had were not spending four years in college and 40 years of medical advancements that helped keep him on the court.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Trade per woj

Westbrook, Toscano-Anderson, Jones, Lakers 2027 first to Jazz
Russell, Beasley, Vanderbilt to Lakers
Conley, Alexander-Walker and 3 second round picks to Timberwolves

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So with this trade, the Jazz now have a total of 15 first round draft picks between 2023-29 :make_fac:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Good trade for both teams. Durant is getting older and knees are not holding up. They could win a title this year, but the nets aren't going to and they come out with an elite defender (Bridges), a high ceiling player (Johnson), and 4 1st rounders.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Long term seems like a win for the Nets. Thats a pretty good return and most of the drama is out of town now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nuggets sent SG/SF Davon Reed and 3 2nd round picks to the Lakers for C Thomas Bryant.

Good deal for the Nuggets. That means we won't have to see washed DeAndre Jordan, undersized and washed Jeff Green, or undersized Zeke Nnaji playing the 5 when Jokic sits.

Reed is a good 3 point shooter and last season he looked really good on defense, but he's looked rough a lot of this season. May not figure into the Lakers rotation at all.

Still an hour left to flip Bones Hyland for another wing or guard. Hope they can get it done.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bones Hyland traded to the Clippers for 2 2nd rounders. Ouch. Guy really torpedoed his trade value with his antics this year. He was supposed to be a 6MOTY candidate but he kept bitching about playing time (does he really think he deserves Jamal Murray's minutes) and his already poor defense regressed significantly this year. Kid can shoot lights out, though. Sad to see it came to this but they needed him out of the locker room.

So, essentially, the Nuggets traded Bones, Davon Reed, and a 2nd for Thomas Bryant and an open roster spot. Sent out two more 2nds but got two more back, so that's a wash.

Hopefully they can make good use of that roster spot on the buyout market. They could still use a quality bench PG or wing.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Suns will be very interesting if they stay healthy, and that is a big if. Playoff CP3 is still a concern but Durant can alleviate this.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kareem had the 3 pt. line through a large portion of his career. He wasn't going to shoot any regardless. He already had an unstoppable, higher percentage shot.

Breaking the points record is almost entirely a matter of longevity... the real "cheats" that LeBron had were not spending four years in college and 40 years of medical advancements that helped keep him on the court.

Kareem played from 1969 - 1989. 3pt line was instituted in 1979, that's half his career. I agree he wasn't taking any but that's because he grew up playing without one. Everyone shoots 3's now, including 7ft centers because they grew up with it and a viable weapon.

I agree that breaking the record has more to do with LBJ not having any career threatening injuries more than anything else. His body and regimen/discipline allow him to be effective longer than anyone else, and that's the most impressive part.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've never been so simultaneously ecstatic and heartbroken at the same time.

Getting KD is insane, but giving up the twins....just soul crushing.

ae2.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
If Durant stays healthy for the next 4 months it will be the first time he's done so for that long in five years. I don't think this changes anything in the West. I think the Suns gave up all their defense and depth.

Fygee

20 Year Member
If Durant stays healthy for the next 4 months it will be the first time he's done so for that long in five years. I don't think this changes anything in the West. I think the Suns gave up all their defense and depth.
This is my biggest fear.

We sold the farm to get the cow.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Jordan still looks mostly the same at 60. Black don't crack, people. Being stupid rich helps, though.

Racecar2

n00b
anyone able to help me contact a mod , I lost my old email. And can’t reset my password so i had to make a new account.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Clipper show up yesterday in Phoenix !! Would be nice to see a preview of the full roster , assuming KD get back they would still be a close match . Okogie fill in for 24pts for the suns

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns were pretty discombobulated in that Clippers game. They're still feeling themselves out with Bridges and Johnson gone. Okogie is kicking ass as a starter and I don't think anyone expected that.

Durant also had his big press conference yesterday in front of the stadium crown. Standard "sports" questions and answers, nothing really interesting.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Also on the lakers trade WTF is everyone throwing laker a bone on the trades. Team look a lot better on paper now .