So the Ezra Miller Flash movie is finally coming out.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ll probably see it because I’m genuinely curious to see Michael Keaton in this.

Looks like it has a bit of Batfleck too.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'll pirate it. Won't pay for it.

What's irritating more than cutting out Cavill, they adapted the Kryptonian prisoner storyline from the Flashpoint comic and changed it from Kal El to Kara ZorEl.

They could easily have used Cavill/Superman for that.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Stopped watching DC after Batman VS Superman.
Didn't miss much. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and The Suicide Squad (not Suicide Squad) weren't bad. The rest was pretty trash.

Best live action DC stuff in recent memory has been Peacemaker and Doom Patrol on HBO Max.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Didn't miss much. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and The Suicide Squad (not Suicide Squad) weren't bad. The rest was pretty trash.

Best live action DC stuff in recent memory has been Peacemaker and Doom Patrol on HBO Max.
Got a job now?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Honestly I really enjoyed it and it might be my favorite DC film of their new DC EU. Wonder Woman is probably better but Shazaam was just fun.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It was cute and inoffensive but I would never watch Shazam again.

Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge - Somebody made a modern (late 80s) retelling of Phantom of the Opera set in a mall. It's every bit as dumb as the title and the premise would have you believe. Guy saves his girlfriend but "dies" in a fire. He's actually just really burnt and decides to live in the sewer system below a new mall. He murders bad people in the mall and then gets pissy when his girl rejects him for a new beau played by the dude from Silk Stalkings... doesn't get much more 80s than that. It even has Pauly Shore in his first movie role.

It's a turd but it does capture 80s mall culture in a way few movies do. Maybe do a double feature with this and Chopping Mall. It also has a theme song from the Vandals that continually asks if it's the Phantom of the Mall or "just some retard in a hockey mask". CANCELLED.
lol I think you mixed 2 threads together.

POTM is definitely not great but it is fun. Shit, it's kind of amazing that something so stupid and 80s even exists.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It was cute and inoffensive but I would never watch Shazam again.

Yeah, I think that's fair despite my claim of saying it's my favorite DC movie. But honestly, as a "fan" of the Marvel films I realize that...I've never seen one of the films more than once by choice. So I suppose that says how I feel about all the Superhero movies lol.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah I don't watch superhero movies

Don't you have an overwatch 2 match at 7?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I guess ezra miller is untouchable ? Since wb decided this abuser,creeper and groomer movie should be released given the bad press he got last year.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I don't watch superhero movies

Don't you have an overwatch 2 match at 7?

I’m not really a fan of hero based shooters. I prefer class based shooters or ones where all the characters are the same as far as abilities are concerned.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I guess ezra miller is untouchable ? Since wb decided this abuser,creeper and groomer movie should be released given the bad press he got last year.

I’m certain we won’t see him as the flash again. Perhaps they’re contractually obligated to release it?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This movie finished filming more than a year ago, before all his shit came to light (except for choking one girl and throwing a barstool at someone's head. That had already happened). They've just been re-editing to change the ending and postponing the release date over and over, hoping people would forget all the batshit crazy and creepy shit Miller has done. Their only other option was to shelve the movie as a tax write off, like they did with Batgirl.

But I think everyone is hoping that once the movie comes out and maybe after home video sales are whatever they turn out to be, WB will stop covering for Miller and shielding him from consequences.

edit: Ah, fuck, I keep forgetting to say "them". Oh well, anyway...

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I’m certain we won’t see him as the flash again. Perhaps they’re contractually obligated to release it?
The crazy thing is that in the lead up to the movie, WB is trying to pretend they still have confidence in Miller turning life around and still have not ruled out continuing to work with Miller as the Flash in future movies, in their efforts not to tank their own box office. I don't think anyone actually believes it, though, except maybe other grooming pedo off the rails mentally ill gender dysmorphic people who relate to Miller.