Should The Marketplace Be Opened Up for Everyone?

Should The Marketplace Be Opened For Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I voted yes even though I am not sure if that’s the right move…but May as well try right?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I voted yes.I've witnessed too many noobs get run off that attempt to participate on a daily here.
I only saw one noob stomach this place long enough to dump his wares...his name escapes me but he claimed he ate a lot of tuna and it made him sick?
I may not even have the story right but he received noob of the year.
All I know is if I don't know of you,I'm not gifting any payments unless you ship first.
I helped a long time member who changed his name requesting gift payment ONLY reintroduce himself and I caught sh8t for being in the right and you expect new members to last out 50 posts?
All a new member is going to do is ask every question that's been posed a thousand times over the years and he or she will be attacked for it because it:s been asked over a thousand times already.
BB
This thread is officially Based and BIG BEAR-pilled.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've finally decided we're considering the wrong question.

If we want to boost forum activity what we should be voting on is:

"Should Roker's Mom Be Opened Up To Everyone?"

Yoshi

20 Year Member
"Should Roker's Mom Be Opened Up To Everyone?"

giphy.gif

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The poll currenty stands at almost the exact same result as the brexit referendum, and that's all panned out just fine.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
How do we say you're pretty safe dealing with older members but noob to noob, be cautious.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Make noob sellers get someone to sponsor their first few sales. (Start the thread)
If all goes well give them access.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
How do we say you're pretty safe dealing with older members but noob to noob, be cautious.
I don't think you can - not be enforcement, just as you can't enforce "you're a noob you ship first".

There's no elegant solution to either side of the argument, probably why we should just keep the status quo.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Make noob sellers get someone to sponsor their first few sales. (Start the thread)
If all goes well give them access.
And then who's liable if it goes tits up? Who is going to enforce those rules?

May as well have a marketplace with training wheels - a sub-forum for n00bs and then once they've attained a certain level of positive feedback allow them into the main marketplace and hope they don't then go rogue.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
And then who's liable if it goes tits up? Who is going to enforce those rules?

May as well have a marketplace with training wheels - a sub-forum for n00bs and then once they've attained a certain level of positive feedback allow them into the main marketplace and hope they don't then go rogue.
The seller is always liable of course.
The thing would just be earning the trust of the established member for like 1 or 2 sales to start a post then basically hand it over to the new guy.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The seller is always liable of course.
The thing would just be earning the trust of the established member for like 1 or 2 sales to start a post then basically hand it over to the new guy.
Makes sense. I mean let’s not pretend you can’t get fucked anywhere buying something. Buyer beware, do your research

There’s members here I’d send a grand to gift payment and never bat an eyelash. In my time around gaming I’ve had people send me multiple thousands of dollars as gift for something.

We know who to trust and who not to

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Open it up - we might get some more activity on the marketplace. And some of the leeches might even stay and become fully contributing members… *sniggers*

Forum is near dead anyway, might as well open the floodgates.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Yes vote finishing strong! Fresh meat, bring it on!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Is it possible to change this to a public view vote? In a democracy it is vitally important you can bully… sorry *canvas* people who aren’t voting the correct way.

Also would be interesting to see if alot of the votes are from zero post leeches. 59 votes right now - we haven’t had that many active users in decades.

Last edited: