Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The digitized music is inflating the meg count, just like with most Neo homebrew. The meg count for the original game would have been much lower.

It's cheating really. In my Xeno Crisis video I pointed out the game is actually only around 50 megs or something, and fits neatly into a single load on the NGCD, but the cartridge version is advertised to have a much larger meg count just because of the recorded music.
Didn't you reveal that it's not actually Neo Geo hardware it's using anyway, but some kind of technical fudge so it plays on Neo Geo consoles?

I mean, it looks nothing like a Neo Geo game... more like an enhanced Amiga game.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Didn't you reveal that it's not actually Neo Geo hardware it's using anyway, but some kind of technical fudge so it plays on Neo Geo consoles?

I mean, it looks nothing like a Neo Geo game... more like an enhanced Amiga game.
Make no mistake, Xeno Crisis is running on Neo Geo hardware. It's just that the music is just a recording of the remastered Genesis/MD soundtrack. You can make the music anything you want on the Neo if you throw enough megs at it.

That's why it's dumb I've seen a couple people complain the NGCD version doesn't have an arranged soundtrack. They're both just a recording! If they made a new arrangement, the cartridge could use it too!

Project Neon is going to make use of new tools to actually use the Neo's internal synth. That should be a much lower meg game as a result.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yes, you could preorder it here in the thread they made copies to meet the demand.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Make no mistake, Xeno Crisis is running on Neo Geo hardware. It's just that the music is just a recording of the remastered Genesis/MD soundtrack. You can make the music anything you want on the Neo if you throw enough megs at it.

That's why it's dumb I've seen a couple people complain the NGCD version doesn't have an arranged soundtrack. They're both just a recording! If they made a new arrangement, the cartridge could use it too!

Project Neon is going to make use of new tools to actually use the Neo's internal synth. That should be a much lower meg game as a result.

Technically speaking, the space efficient option would be FM snyth. Not sure if you meant that by "internal synth" because most Neo Geo games use ADPCM, but not like what Xeno Crisis does.

ADPCM-A is for stereo PCM, in the form of many little samples. (Most games)

ADPCM-B is for mono PCM capable of using one really long sample for the whole track (metal slug 5, matrimelee, presumably xeno crisis)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Technically speaking, the space efficient option would be FM snyth. Not sure if you meant that by "internal synth" because most Neo Geo games use ADPCM, but not like what Xeno Crisis does.

ADPCM-A is for stereo PCM, in the form of many little samples. (Most games)

ADPCM-B is for mono PCM capable of using one really long sample for the whole track (metal slug 5, matrimelee, presumably xeno crisis)
I meant programming FM or making use of alll the channels.

Xeno Crisis actually uses ADPCM-A and ADPCM-B for stereo music. This got them into trouble because the YSA2 chip on the MV-1C has the stereo channels for ADPCM-B reversed. They had to recall the carts and add a soft dip setting to fix this for MV-1C boards (in addition to the patch to enable stereo on all systems).

Inshakoor

New Challenger
It's been a while so this is a bit of an eclectic mix. All good things :)

Metal Slug MVS (Its on my list to build a consolized MVS in the near future)
E227FD17-E6B2-4239-9833-4489739583DB.jpeg

Big Shinobi fan. Legions is a blast!
5254B647-EC76-4005-9153-52B6B8BAB600.jpeg

Finished the OG trilogy :)
2A99D42D-6497-4728-A978-45FAB8F77E94.jpeg

A great classic that was surprisingly successfully remastered.
A753297B-72C0-4DB6-BCC6-BC6B774E6559.jpeg

And finally, some great new hardware if you're into that type of thing.
71F9A48E-704D-499F-A325-A4C6A7B6912E.jpeg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
It's been a while so this is a bit of an eclectic mix. All good things :)

Metal Slug MVS (Its on my list to build a consolized MVS in the near future)
View attachment 63592

Big Shinobi fan. Legions is a blast!
View attachment 63593

Finished the OG trilogy :)
View attachment 63594

A great classic that was surprisingly successfully remastered.
View attachment 63595

And finally, some great new hardware if you're into that type of thing.
View attachment 63596
@Ajax <--buy this guys CMVS!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Awesome game, awesome port. I mostly play the original version but the new one is also quite good. Great choice.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Can you make your images any bigger please? The person in the next thread can't fucking see them.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Awesome game, awesome port. I mostly play the original version but the new one is also quite good. Great choice.
Ive never owned this version before and never knew about the extra version. Once i saw some gameplay it moved straight to the top of my must buy list for the pimped out genesis i have coming in the mail soon.