Should The Marketplace Be Opened Up for Everyone?

Should The Marketplace Be Opened For Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I just do my own thing here, always have.

I like your attempt to change the narrative, but you simped real hard for Sylvie when she got banned. That makes you the pussy, not anyone else.
You don't get it but that's fine. i was one of thefew, if not the only one, who called out both sylvie and rot on their bullshit ruining this place. The rest of you shit your pants for the allmighty rot.
I don't care she got banned, but the reason she was banned was bullshit. Kidcuck got to stay for racism she got banned for religious bashing.
I would feel the same with any 2 members this decision was made to.
I don't simp for trannies or anyone for that matter, idiot😅

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Kingcuck’s is basically war room locked for life at this point. I agree his xenophobic views weren’t comfortable reading - I challenged him on those as did many others including yourself at that time.

Sylvie got full banned for acting like a prick when asked to correct her behaviour for singling out neo_moe for his religion. They even unbanned her briefly afterwards and she made it very clear she wasn’t interested in being anything other than a shit stirrer. I’m sure if she calmed down (maybe her tranny hormone pills mix badly with coke) she’d be welcomed back.

Being a bit non-PC isn’t grounds for a banning here (else Lithy would have been banned in the last week), it’s how much a prick you are when expressing your personal views.

Would you be happy if Sylvie was war room locked permanently like KingChuck? I doubt she’d want or care for that.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Guys, take this to the War Room, please.

On topic: We've settled with a post count requirement of 50 posts to be able to start threads in market. Before that, a new user can only reply to threads.

The Market FAQ is getting rewritten at the moment to reflect the changes and delete irrelevant items such as Rot's former additions.

I think we can live with that for now, at least for a 3 months trial period.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I really can't believe there are 68 active user accounts right now on this forum, where are most of the fucks voting on the poll? :lolz:
General and N&R. Most users rarely, if ever, venture down South from the Neo- and Tech-related subforums.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The number of posts requirement should be reduced to 30. It would cut down on a lot of spam participation and I don't believe new participating members will survive 50 posts about the same sh8t being regurgitated around here over and over throughout the years.
30 posts is very reasonable.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If they can't survive 50 posts they shouldn't be here anyway.

30 posts is too low a bar... don't we want people to come and contribute rather than just welch on the marketplace?

You're only talking about 20 additional posts... if someone can make 30 generally constructive posts, they can do another 20. Plus one assumes those posts don't need to be in General Discussion or N&R, so there's plenty of room to post replies in the Arcade and Unrelated forums.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The number of posts requirement should be reduced to 30. It would cut down on a lot of spam participation and I don't believe new participating members will survive 50 posts about the same sh8t being regurgitated around here over and over throughout the years.
30 posts is very reasonable.
BB
We had the problem of users spamming their post count up to market from day one ever since we introduced the post count limit, I've stopped counting those "What's Your Favorite KoF?" threads.... if anything, it gives us mods more work because there will be new members whose spamming will have to be limited. This is where the wheat gets separated from the chaff, so to speak.

Back then ng.com was more active so it gave us lots of work but now it's easy to pinpoint spammers and deal with them. 50 posts may seem a lot but the idea is to tell people that active contribution is what we're after, not easy market access.

By the way, back then Rot set the number to 200, now THAT was excessive. :)

Whether or not 50 are too much or just right will be determined during the trial period, if 50 turned out to be to much we could always lower the amount to 30.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So we've had 3 more votes for no since it was pretty much decided. Good to see we have quite a lot of traitorous scum alive and well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The election could flip after the mail in ballots are counted.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Also, I’m not sure all voters understood exactly what they were voting for. ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are very ambiguous terms. There should be a re-vote.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Also, I’m not sure all voters understood exactly what they were voting for. ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are very ambiguous terms. There should be a re-vote.
If answering yes or no to a question like "should we open up the market?" puts someone's intellectual capacity to a test, there's always Oscar over at Sesame Street who will help him/her to get things straight, and if they meet the Count they may even learn how to count to 10 using both hands!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If answering yes or no to a question like "should we open up the market?" puts someone's intellectual capacity to a test, there's always Oscar over at Sesame Street who will help him/her to get things straight, and if they meet the Count they may even learn how to count to 10 using both hands!
counting to 50 would be more useful

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It's really simple, count 1 to 10 with fingers, and each time you get to 10 break one of your toes off. When you only have 5 toes left, you can join the marketplace. We'll need proof of course.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That's part of the Sesame Street Master of Maths™ module which can be purchased for $9.99, new members will get a $5 coupon redeemable until 07/31/2023 (certificate not included).

Click below for a free trial

Spoiler:

Karumakun

New Challenger
I've spent almost a grand in MVS carts and cab parts this last year since I picked up an MVS4 cab. Would've been nice to support the members here by buying from them rather than evilbay, aliexpress, and offerup but I'm still a "rook" on this forum.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've spent almost a grand in MVS carts and cab parts this last year since I picked up an MVS4 cab. Would've been nice to support the members here by buying from them rather than evilbay, aliexpress, and offerup but I'm still a "rook" on this forum.
Which is all very well and good, but it doesn't mean that the forums would have been able to offer you the carts you've been buying, in conditions you were willing to accept, or indeed prices you were willing to pay.

The notion that opening up the market place to all and sundry will bring about some kind of miraculous landslide of aes/mvs games (presumably at reasonable prices) to the community is laughable at best, a total joke at worst.