NEOGEO 161 in 1 - new custom covers

Broomfield

New Challenger
Hi guys

I have made some new shock box covers for the neogeo "161 in 1" I decided to make my own cover as the only cover I can seem to find is the one with "Terry Bogard" on the front of it. But since there isn't alot of fatal fury games actually on the "161" I decided to make a samurai showdown themed one.

I am going to upload them to southtown homebrew so people can use them, just making some small fixes etc.

Please let me know what you think? anygood?

cover 0.jpg

and

Attachments

• cover 1.jpg
    cover 1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 221
  • cover 4.jpg
    cover 4.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I like the second one but the Neo-Geo logo seems stretched.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If you're going for Samurai Shodown themed for the first one, you'll want to make the ninja look more like Hanzo. It doesn't look like him at all.

Otherwise, not bad.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Yes your right, I just noticed that, I must have made a mistake when I uplaoded them. Hopefully fixed in the second pic.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's still not quite circular - it's taller than it is wide.

Broomfield

New Challenger
If you're going for Samurai Shodown themed for the first one, you'll want to make the ninja look more like Hanzo. It doesn't look like him at all.

Otherwise, not bad.

Thanks for the comments, I understand what you mean. The reason i chose that picture was that ninja artwork was an official picture from the SNK website before it closed down, I'm not sure if its actually supposed to be "Hanzo" from samurai showdown, it could be from another game? I was trying to keep the artwork original SNK but maybe a different picture would be more appropriate, or do you know of a good picture that would suit it? :)

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's still not quite circular - it's taller than it is wide.

Dont worry about that, you dont sound like an ass to me :) I'd rather you tell me if it dosent look qute right :) As I want to make these as good as possible so other people can use them if they wanted to :)

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i made this one a few month ago...ss pic is similar to the first aes mutlicart and i added scanlines :)

MULTICARD Scanline.jpg

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the comments, I understand what you mean. The reason i chose that picture was that ninja artwork was an official picture from the SNK website before it closed down, I'm not sure if its actually supposed to be "Hanzo" from samurai showdown, it could be from another game? I was trying to keep the artwork original SNK but maybe a different picture would be more appropriate, or do you know of a good picture that would suit it? :)

If that's the case, that has me really curious as to what the artwork was supposed to reference.

Broomfield

New Challenger
i made this one a few month ago...ss pic is similar to the first aes mutlicart and i added scanlines

That looks pretty cool dude, I like it. especially the logo's and the gold themed spine etc. :)

If that's the case, that has me really curious as to what the artwork was supposed to reference.

No idea to be honest, I awalys assumed it was supposed to be Hanzo.

I have made another quick version for the 161, (still need to tidy it up) maybe this fits in abit better with the samurai showdown theme?
hanzo.jpg

Last edited:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice work Ill have to print out those cart labels some time.

skall22300

n00b
That looks pretty cool dude, I like it. especially the logo's and the gold themed spine etc. :)

No idea to be honest, I awalys assumed it was supposed to be Hanzo.

I have made another quick version for the 161, (still need to tidy it up) maybe this fits in abit better with the samurai showdown theme?
View attachment 29408
I just wanted to use this one for my catridge but after printing it looked "pixelated" :(