What are you drinking at the moment?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I like Sandeman Porto.

If you like port, why not try Tokay next, it's a famous Hungarian sweet wine with a nice body. They also make reservas each year which are said to range among the best sweet wines money can buy. Haven't had the chance to try a Eszencia coz money but the standard variants are good as well.

That stuff used to be very popular over here and still has a loyal following, it's just that sweet wines sort of fell out of fashion a while ago.
Just looking up tokay now - looks good. Not as strong as a port and looks to be white grapes. I'm not a great believer in all of the mysticism that surrounds different drinks and the severity of hangover they give you, I find if I get pissed on it, I'm getting a hangover off it, but I will say that red wine and port seem to give me a spectacularly splitting headache.

As for popularity, even the notion of a fashionable or unfashionable drink irritates me. Remember when for at most two summers people drank cider over a glass full of ice and it wasn't a tramps drink for 15 minutes?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Just looking up tokay now - looks good. Not as strong as a port and looks to be white grapes. I'm not a great believer in all of the mysticism that surrounds different drinks and the severity of hangover they give you, I find if I get pissed on it, I'm getting a hangover off it, but I will say that red wine and port seem to give me a spectacularly splitting headache.

As for popularity, even the notion of a fashionable or unfashionable drink irritates me. Remember when for at most two summers people drank cider over a glass full of ice and it wasn't a tramps drink for 15 minutes?
Sweet stuff sometimes gives me headaches, that specially goes for berry wines. One of my aunts used to make strawberry wine and it tasted really nice but if you drank more than a few glasses you were doomed, and that's not a joke, once I drank a whole bottle and woke up in a bush with no shirt on the next day.

The Cider thing went past me to be honest, not a huge fan of that stuff, but yeah, I always suspected that drink fashions are just made of the stuff that has to go, and has to go quickly. Surplus booze, unsold lots, etc. How else could one explain trends like Aperol Mule or Limoncello Spritz.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I love ultra-high ABV beers. Brewdog used to make some 40%+ stuff years ago that was great. I don't wanna touch a stout if it's under 12%