3DS and Wii U eShops close at end of March

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Just a heads up, both store fronts are closing at end of March and you will be unable to purchase games or DLC from either shop after that.
Titles already purchased can still be downloaded after that date.

The first post in this thread on resetera has a good run down of the exclusive games being delisted and other things related to the shut down.

If you don't have a 3DS handy you can still buy most games directly from Nintendo's website.

Also be sure to check out the 3DS theme shop in the top left hand corner on the bottom 3DS screen. Sega put out a bunch of cool ones based off their old systems. There's some of free Atlus ones as well. Make sure to grab the Save Data Transfer Tool from the eShop this will let you move saves from the cart version to the digital version, NOT the other way around.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I thought they were closing those down last month? I use my 2DS online almost everyday, but, just to get my daily bonus crap in Pokemon Shuffle & Rumble World, haven't bothered with the shop in years.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
A bunch of 3DS stuff in on sale through the end of the month. Including most of Capcom titles for $2.99.

3DS Sale

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When did M change his profile pic to Ted? That doesn't seem to fit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
been about a month since he logged on, might have bit it.
He literally has no reason to post here anymore since he can't spam his garbage links, pictures of junk he buys and lame FB memes. That was literally all he posted here.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
ya i dont think M is dead. I really hope not...I'd be sad if any of you guys died.

M left a couple times in the past. The last time he went MIA there was a movement for me to call him at his work (someone provided me the phone number :D), but I never did. That's when he was still working at the nursing home.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If anyone is about to die, please log on and let us know. Thanks.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Isn’t there a Japanese port of Turbo Outrun on the 3DS? I’d be interested in that if it’s good.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
People still own a 3DS? eh? I've never played one

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
It's the reason I'll never lose a second of sleep pirating Nintendo stuff. They're so brazenly incompetent about preserving their own back catalog, the people will do it for them.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It's the reason I'll never lose a second of sleep pirating Nintendo stuff. They're so brazenly incompetent about preserving their own back catalog, the people will do it for them.
It's always morally right

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Why is there a heads up thread about wiiu and 3ds game stores ending

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
it blows my mind that whenever an e-store closure is announced people go “we have until X to buy as many digital games as possible”. You’re responding to a service shutdown notice… by giving the people shutting it down more money?!? What’s wrong with people.
Respond to a middle finger with another one, install CFW and “backup” those games.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
it blows my mind that whenever an e-store closure is announced people go “we have until X to buy as many digital games as possible”. You’re responding to a service shutdown notice… by giving the people shutting it down more money?!? What’s wrong with people.
Respond to a middle finger with another one, install CFW and “backup” those games.

I agree when buying Nintendo games absolutely pirate that shit when the eshop closes. (Or before, don’t make me feel sick by reminding me that I bought Mario 64 on N64, DS, Wii, Switch (3D All Stars).)

But for smaller devs, if we are interested in their games then it’s now or never to give them some money.

Fast Racing Neo is worth buying if you‘re a F Zero or Wipeout fan. Unless you have a Switch then get the sequel on that instead.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I just saw some yougoober spent 23k buying them all up, about 4500 odd, because he's gonna play em

People are mental. I don't get how they don't think they can be remotely disabled if Nintendo wanted, anyway

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m a bit alarmed that early Wii U units like mine are already starting to fail and brick themselves. The cheap internal memory chips are the likely cause.

With the Switch the controllers were a POS and started drifting after only a couple of years use too.

Nintendo’s QA has nose dived since the SNES to Gamecube era.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Isn’t there a Japanese port of Turbo Outrun on the 3DS? I’d be interested in that if it’s good.

It's really good, although nowhere near the amount of extras 3D Outrun got. It's in the 3rd Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives along with exclusive 3D versions of Alien Syndrome and Thunder Force III. It was already delisted from the Japanese eShop last year. That title (along with dumping all my carts to SD card) was the reason I modded my 3DS.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I’m a bit alarmed that early Wii U units like mine are already starting to fail and brick themselves. The cheap internal memory chips are the likely cause.

With the Switch the controllers were a POS and started drifting after only a couple of years use too.

Nintendo’s QA has nose dived since the SNES to Gamecube era.
Nintendo is a piece of shit company and honestly needs to die.