Street Fighter VI

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Is Street Fighter dead again yet? I feel like we have just gone full circle again and this is going to be Street fighter 3 all over again...

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah, I uh...hate this. Every thing about it visually is played out graceless garbage.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played a few hours with people on the cracked beta and enjoyed SF6. I found the old BNB combos worked and it "felt" like Street fighter. The new meter up top is pretty interesting and makes it feel fresh.

I pre-ordered it and will be online for some matches in June. I'm hoping it's popular - if not, it's back to more and more GG Strive and FightCade.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
I felt SF4 and 5 played it safe, aesthetically and mechanically. This looks more daring and aggressive. The risks and the hip-hop aesthetic remind me of SF3. It would be nice to have a new Capcom fighter to enjoy. Marvel 3 was over a decade ago and that was the last good one imo.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think it looks decent, and I fucking hated 4, never played 5 for longer than 30mins. Probably won't play this either tbh. All 3d-2d fighters feel floaty and weird to me.

Ended at 3rd strike for me personally, just like slug ended at 3, and samsho at 4

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
About 6 months ago i was sitting in a living room with a friend and he *unveiled* that he was a beta tester for SF 6 and loaded it up. Started playing it, asked if i wanted to hop in after i watched a few rounds. All I could say was nah. I couldn’t believe the level of not give a shit I had towards the game. Ryu sweat simulator VI.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I played a leaked copy of the SFVI

It was ok

I'm pretty bad at these types of games.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
SF3s > SFII: turbo > SSFIIX > SFIIChampion

I’m not sure where the alpha series fits into this. I like 2 & 3, but I rarely ever play them. Against the popular opinion of the forum, I think I would take alpha 3 over alpha 2. I just love how gigantic the roster got. A lot of fun to be had with that one.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I’m not sure where the alpha series fits into this. I like 2 & 3, but I rarely ever play them. Against the popular opinion of the forum, I think I would take alpha 3 over alpha 2. I just love how gigantic the roster got. A lot of fun to be had with that one.
I agree the roster is fucking huge, which I like. But the presentation and gameplay just aren't as polished as SFA2

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Hate to be that guy but the only reason someone could think A2's gameplay is "polished" is that they haven't played anyone who's good at it. Unblockable 50% level 1 CCs, turtle Kens, Rose c. mp x 1,000,000. Ugh... no thank you.

People are entitled to their preferences. A2 certainly has one of the best presentations (music, intro, art) of any Street Fighter game and I'm sure it's fun to blow through arcade mode or play with your friends but I've eaten enough Chun c.mk xx fireball to last a lifetime.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
@100proof Maybe it's the nostalgia side of me, I used to own the CPS2 board. And yes, I'm not good at fighting games

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
SFZ2 > SFZ3 > USF2 > SF2CE > rest of them 🤭