What records are you listening to tonight?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Recently got a new Luxman amp, so I'm breaking it in this weekend, trying to spin plenty of bassy stuff. Big improvement over my old Yamaha. Also, I wonder if I could pull off that suit.

Attachments

• 20230323_200419.jpg
    20230323_200419.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
“No, dude. That’s just impossible, we have a business to run here.”
I mean, I'm sure the DJ has heard this audible garbage and thought to himself "I will definitely get fired if I play this". Dude, even if I liked YES, which I don't, I wouldn't brag about it. Their music is so fucking nerdy and lame.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Recently got a new Luxman amp, so I'm breaking it in this weekend, trying to spin plenty of bassy stuff. Big improvement over my old Yamaha. Also, I wonder if I could pull off that suit.
Very nice

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Imagine it’s 1973 and you’re phoning your local radio station and asking them to play the lead cut off the bestselling double album from a band who was at that time selling arenas world-wide and them being like, “No, dude. That’s just impossible, we have a business to run here.”

View attachment 64050

Bro, get a fucking Spotify subscription or something. The amount of shit you spin and trivia you sperg is fucking concerning.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I mean, I'm sure the DJ has heard this audible garbage and thought to himself "I will definitely get fired if I play this". Dude, even if I liked YES, which I don't, I wouldn't brag about it. Their music is so fucking nerdy and lame.

That’s…not what I’m saying at all. The worst 70s Yes album is still a really really good album but quality isn’t the point I’m making anyway.

I’m saying that a band is daring and true to themselves when they are at the absolute peak of their earning and they refuse to make anything that can be made into a single. This is a 22 minute song and the other three tracks are about the same. Buy this album or see them live, that was how they wanted to work. If you can’t see how uncommon this is you probably don’t understand how important singles were back in the day.

Also the name is hilarious.

What a lot of assholes like you don’t understand is that any real Yes fan has a pretty robust sense of humor. “The revealing science of God” is comically pretentious…so is a double album based on Autobiography of a Yogi. They can also play circles around any band that has ever existed, any lineup they’ve ever had.

It’s not for you.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
No I just hold records in front of my turntable every night. Bizarre

It would be bizarre if nobody ever did it but nowadays showing pictures of recently purchased items that will never be used is an entire genre of entertainment. I’m glad you’re not one of those people.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why the fuck are you acting like this is your personal thread and setting rules or some shit? People's photos not pretentious enough for you? Then fuck off.

I know you can't read this since you blocked me a long time ago because you're a fucking pussy but everyone else can and they all hate you.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Doubles of these for juggle/beat chase practice, the Main Source 12” versions of both cuts got re-released on 7” 45 and sound great. Affordable options are appreciated because Atom 12” are hard to come by, and worn out the last couple I’ve found.C72CE8BB-02FF-4303-B7B0-94D7C8A9A8A7.jpeg
C19F0B09-D2F1-4003-BB86-D43DABDCA53E.jpeg

The L The Head Toucha I’d only every heard the A side on DJ Premier’s ‘New York Reality Check 101’ and I’m pleasently surprised with how good ‘It’s Your Life’ is…a AA side for sure.

4CC8EB29-6672-410B-81D7-E5D0D9834B9A.jpeg
52AB388F-057A-42A7-A40B-6FC204001161.jpeg0E4E0A53-C484-42EF-BC29-23CDBFE1F5F1.jpeg

The Jazz Spaztics ‘Move’ is an old favorite that fits in the mini-set I’m playing around with. I won this one in a contest they hosted.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I confess I do not know shit about this band other than this album which I didn’t know about until the 2006 re-issue.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It was a one off, originally released in 1983.
Robert Smith (Cure) and Steven Severin (Siouxsie & the Banshees) were taking a mental health break from their respective bands. JL sang on the records, because Robert’s record contract forbade him from singing on anything other than Cure records.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's only a stylus swap too, not the whole cart

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I had the Ortofon blue a while back, and while it was a nice cart, it just wasn't for me. As far as carts in that price range, I much preferred the AT vm540ml. I think the biggest improvement to my ears comes from the microline stylus vs the elliptical of the 2m Blue. But different ears, ymmv, etc.

I'll tell you though, while amazon and musicdirect and most dealers will have carts at the same standard price unless they're open box or something, it's worth getting on the guitarcenter mailing list because they send out periodic coupons for 15-20% off, and you can save some coin on a new cart. While they do carry Ortofon, I don't believe they carry their 2m line.

Here's the cart I recommend to guys in the sub 300 range:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I have a Grado Gold 3 that’s going in to replace the 2M. I’m just waiting on a headshell for it. I don’t really like the 2M. It’s quality, it just sounds pretty much exactly like a DJ cart and not so much like a hifi cart.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's only a stylus swap too, not the whole cart
already got the red one installed, so you just pull the cart off and put the blue one in? do you need to do any other adjustments?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
already got the red one installed, so you just pull the cart off and put the blue one in? do you need to do any other adjustments?
You can go up to the 2M black I believe which is a super MM cart. Just take the old one off and plug it in. I've just checked the tracking force for the red vs blue and they are the same. So yeah it should be a straight swap.

Going to the bronze or black would be a big jump, but a jump in cost also.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Alright. Just not sure if its worth swapping on my ancient Dual 621.